2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

[Air Miles] Airmiles Megamiles 2019, March 21 - April 25: 1000 AM for 5 offers / 300 AM for 3 offers

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 9:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
BB88 wrote: It may have been answered before. Does Sobeys and Urban Fresh count as different partners?
akaManny wrote: In the past, different Logo implied different partner. So Sobeys, Urban Fresh, and Foodland should count as 3 partners.
This

I believe the MegaMiles 2019 Website lays this out better this time that with Past Big Bonus Events

And if ever in doubt... just consult the AirMiles Website Directory of who are DISTINCT FULL Partners *
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/SponsorDi ... En+magasin

* AirMiles Shops.ca is considered a FULL PARTNER ... as they issue AMs directly
But the stores within their e-commerce website are considered affiliates ... as they don’t issue AMs directly but rather thru AMShops

The exception here... there are some AMs FULL PARTNERS that are listed with AMShops
(HBC / Hudson’s Bay, Rona, Lowe’s, Staples, The Children’s Place etc)
In these cases you earn AMs with BOTH FULL PARTNERS = a much coveted DOUBLE DIP
Last edited by PointsHubby on Mar 19th, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: ....
Trick may very well be this time round to actually do MORE OFFERS than less ... and pile on the decent BAMs on Individual Offers on top of the BB BAMs

I see true potential in this... even using some of the same offers over & over again in the 30+ Day run
I will definitely do the Shell "Spend $10... in store" multiple times. Even though the coupon is for only 5 BAM, I am looking forward to stacking it with targeted (2 of 4 family members) 20 BAM for using 95 AM Cash. And one of those 2 just got another offer of 10 BAM for Freshii products (in a few locations only). Unfortunately many of the others (in Ontario) require big $ to satisfy the offer.
Aug 5, 2018
566 posts
872 upvotes
akaManny wrote: I will definitely do the Shell "Spend $10... in store" multiple times. Even though the coupon is for only 5 BAM, I am looking forward to stacking it with targeted (2 of 4 family members) 20 BAM for using 95 AM Cash. And one of those 2 just got another offer of 10 BAM for Freshii products (in a few locations only). Unfortunately many of the others (in Ontario) require big $ to satisfy the offer.
Unless you have way too much cash miles, I think you should save your cash miles for remptions when you get 50 BAM for 95 redeemed.

Metro has this several times a year. Most likely this event as well.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
xx1what wrote: The rexall flyer for next week is out.

Apparantly over the weekend, $10 GC for $30 spend, plus redeem 190 AM for 40 bonus AM.

BUT!!
On the coupon booklet, it says rexall mega miles participates on Mar 25 to 28, which is NOT the weekend. So it seems we can't combine the deals this week.
The MMs 2019 Rexall Offers appears to be (based on the Brochures seen so far):

40 Bonus AirMiles @ REXALL When You Use 190 Cash Miles for $ 20 towards your purchases ... March 25th thru March 28th
And
20 Bonus AirMiles @ REXALL When You Spend $ 40 or more on almost anything in store ... April 1st thru April 7th

Whether we see any more after April 7th is yet to be seen
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
xx1what wrote: Alternatively, you can get a 2nd air miles card for your family member, or friend, and do the extra offers for an extra 1000.

I plan to do this run with 2 cards.
True.

But there is a debate on whether in the long run it’s worth splitting your earnings
Or just continually earning via one account
(Which AMs actually encourages / facilitates)

I know if we had 2 cards... SO & I there is NO WAY we’d be even close to the Miles we current have on hand

At the end of the day a Miles Value is worth the same no matter what
But MORE is far better than less
Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Honestly, I don’t believe there is a right or wrong ... just different, for personal goals / objectives in the long run
Our goals are Travel... and more goes further (doesn’t matter WHO uses Dream Miles to get a tkt)
Only downside... Death or Divorce... then transferring AMs gets complicated
Aug 5, 2018
566 posts
872 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: True.

But there is a debate on whether in the long run it’s worth splitting your earnings
Or just continually earning via one account
(Which AMs actually encourages / facilitates)

I know if we had 2 cards... SO & I there is NO WAY we’d be even close to the Miles we current have on hand

At the end of the day a Miles Value is worth the same no matter what
But MORE is far better than less
Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Honestly, I don’t believe there is a right or wrong ... just different, for personal goals / objectives in the long run
Our goals are Travel... and more goes further (doesn’t matter WHO uses Dream Miles to get a tkt)
Only downside... Death or Divorce... then transferring AMs gets complicated
You can still put the majority of miles into 1 account as dream.
For the other one, dont accumulate any miles other than event miles, as cash miles.
1k cash miles is still a pretty good deal, regarless of whether you want to travel.

In the last STB thread, someone was doing 4 cards for the whole family.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
xx1what wrote: You can still put the majority of miles into 1 account as dream.
For the other one, dont accumulate any miles other than event miles, as cash miles.
1k cash miles is still a pretty good deal, regarless of whether you want to travel.

In the last STB thread, someone was doing 4 cards for the whole family.
There are definitely RFDers who do multiple cards, for multiple family members
I am just saying that at the end of the day
1000 Dream AMs are worth 1000 Dream AMs
And 1000 Cash Miles are worth 1000 Cash Miles
No matter which account they are in...
BUT ...
2000 Miles in one account still goes further when it comes to redeeming
And in the long run 2000 Dream Miles are worth a lot more than 2000 Cash Miles
Just is
AirMiles is primarily a travel based Loyalty Program ... and that is where the real value lies in Miles
Aug 5, 2018
566 posts
872 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: There are definitely RFDers who do multiple cards, for multiple family members
I am just saying that at the end of the day
1000 Dream AMs are worth 1000 Dream AMs
And 1000 Cash Miles are worth 1000 Cash Miles
No matter which account they are in...
BUT ...
2000 Miles in one account still goes further when it comes to redeeming
And in the long run 2000 Dream Miles are worth a lot more than 2000 Cash Miles
Just is
AirMiles is primarily a travel based Loyalty Program ... and that is where the real value lies in Miles
Hmm

I was referring to the fact that if you only do 1 card, while completing way more than 5 offers, you are 'missing out' on 1000 miles given by this event.
(Doing the event with 1 card gives 1k, 2 cards give 2k.)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
xx1what wrote: Hmm

I was referring to the fact that if you only do 1 card, while completing way more than 5 offers, you are 'missing out' on 1000 miles given by this event.
(Doing the event with 1 card gives 1k, 2 cards give 2k.)
True

But some promos and getting to just 5 or 7 is a challenge
Depending on what’s on Offer Provincially / Regionally
And what’s available locally
(like the Urban Fresh Offer Great Offer ... but does squat for those in Alberta... or even those say in Windsor)

And no Offer is a GREAT Offer if it means the Collector has to overspend just to rack up Miles

And yes, 1000 BB BAMs in 2 accoounts is awesome
But it also depends on how you plan to use them

Dream Miles are just worth more than Cash Miles
And more Dream Miles collected towards a goal is better than having them split up into various accounts

Which is why I also said...
The biggest draw this MMs 2019 Promo May be found in all the excellent BAMs that are on offer with Partners all month long
Look at some of the numbers...
5x - 25 BAMs - 50 BAMs - 100 BAMs - 150 BAMs - 250 BAMs
And from National Partners ... most of which are doable all 30+ Days
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hey Everyone,

Still looking for the following

MMs 2019 Brochures

Don’t believe we’ve seen one for
* New Brunswick
* PEI
* Saskatchewan
* Alberta
* British Columbia
* or The Territories

Have you seen one / picked one up and be willing to share the info here on RFD ?

Trying to get ahead of the wave... that will come ashore at 12:01 AM on Thursday
The sooner I know info, the sooner it gets disseminated here on RFD
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
I keep seeing that the QC flyer has been posted but I cant seem to find the post, can anyone link me to it?
thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
Anyone planning to skip doing this on first couple of days so they can iron out issues?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
Can anyone confirm that the spend 25x BMO AM MC and 25x AMEX AM are always on these yearly promotions?
I used them for the past STB 2018 but wish to cancel these cards if they are only on STBs.
TIA
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Madevilz wrote: I keep seeing that the QC flyer has been posted but I cant seem to find the post, can anyone link me to it?
thanks
It’s been posted to the RFD ONGOING AirMiles 2019 Thread in the SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM
airmiles-2019-general-discussion-thread-2253595/

Posted by @math476
Reply # 574
On March 12th @ 3:00 PM

NOTE - They posted the Version Francais as it was the only one they could find at the time at their local AirMiles Partner
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
wra45mon wrote: Anyone planning to skip doing this on first couple of days so they can iron out issues?
ABSOLUTELY! !!!

In fact this info will appear UPFRONT in the TIPS & TRICKS in the first post for the GENERAL INFO on the MegaMiles 2019 Event

Past History shows that these AMs BIG BONUS Events are less of a Race and more of a Sprint... pushing forward too fast, and often those who do find themselves worrying about early Offers that haven’t POSTED and then find themselves doing more & more offers as time goes on so as to ensure that the meet the OFFER / PARTNER COUNTS

Personally, I try to wait it out a few days 2 or 3 at least (also tends to depend what’s on the Offers List that first weekend) and it’s always played out well for me.

Same at the back end... I try to have everything finished up a few days before the conclusion. Having found that Offers in the last day or two often also end up LOST or greatly delayed in the POSTING process.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Seanne wrote: Can anyone confirm that the spend 25x BMO AM MC and 25x AMEX AM are always on these yearly promotions?
I used them for the past STB 2018 but wish to cancel these cards if they are only on STBs.
TIA
Until the AirMiles MegaMiles 2019 Website goes LIVE listing ALL the Offers...
https://www.airmilesmegamiles.ca

We can only guess here, based on past history what will be this time round

But ya, generally speaking... the AMs CC OPT IN Offers have been in BOTH the MegaMiles and Shop The Block Events

I am guessing from your post you are a CC Churner... too bad, cause if you are Collecting Dream Miles vs Cash Miles these cards can be quite productive towards both earning Miles, and then being able to redeem Miles for travel at a preferred rate.

Definitely a significant player in the AMs Game for those of us able to achieve & maintain Onyx Status Annually ... and then some... several RFDers not only making the needed 6000 AMs... but far exceeeding that to the levels of 10,000 and above
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Until the AirMiles MegaMiles 2019 Website goes LIVE listing ALL the Offers...
https://www.airmilesmegamiles.ca

We can only guess here, based on past history what will be this time round

But ya, generally speaking... the AMs CC OPT IN Offers have been in BOTH the MegaMiles and Shop The Block Events

I am guessing from your post you are a CC Churner... too bad, cause if you are Collecting Dream Miles vs Cash Miles these cards can be quite productive towards both earning Miles, and then being able to redeem Miles for travel at a preferred rate.

Definitely a significant player in the AMs Game for those of us able to achieve & maintain Onyx Status Annually ... and then some... several RFDers not only making the needed 6000 AMs... but far exceeeding that to the levels of 10,000 and above
You're right ive obtained around 6ccs within the span of 4 months until TD AP rejected me because of having too many ccs...
I thought its time to close some.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8512 posts
6258 upvotes
wra45mon wrote: Anyone planning to skip doing this on first couple of days so they can iron out issues?
I will be waiting for someone confirms it works on this forum first (e.g. Sobeys/UF GC or Shell offering, etc) before doing it myself :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8512 posts
6258 upvotes
Seanne wrote: You're right ive obtained around 6ccs within the span of 4 months until TD AP rejected me because of having too many ccs...
I thought its time to close some.
I don't think it's number of cards but time period you applied for those cards.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: I will be waiting for someone confirms it works on this forum first (e.g. Sobeys/UF GC or Shell offering, etc) before doing it myself :)
That's a good idea, unless your tank is empty. Gift cards are the most troublesome - last year UF ran out, didn't they? so if you need the miles posted soon, buy the UF gift card before Sunday so the miles post on Wednesday. Also, you can't return them. My suggestion is that you take something that has bonus AM, either from the flyer or your loaded offers. Give the cashier your AM card and that item, so the bonus AM should appear on the screen, then try the gift card. It also wouldn't hurt to first ask the cashier if (s)he has seen the 75 bonus AM on a previous sale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)