Air Miles Archive

[Air Miles] Airmiles Megamiles 2019, March 21 - April 25: 1000 AM for 5 offers / 300 AM for 3 offers

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 9:55 am
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
51723 posts
16225 upvotes
Ballmer wrote: If it shows on receipt, does it mean that we will actually get it or can Metro change their minds before it posts to our account?

Sorry, I am new to Air Miles.
We will get it with all certainty. Maybe if you return something, the BAM gets clawed back.

I haven't really returned any grocery item I contemplated a few minutes on purchasing lol.
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 11, 2019
58 posts
120 upvotes
What is the PLU for Miss Fresh?

Let's see how many PLU's the system can handle!
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
51723 posts
16225 upvotes
If I buy two $4.99 items and total doesn't meet $10, can I redeem 95 AM? For Haagen Daz, I understand only those with liquor get taxed.

I bought three yesterday but thinking of maybe buying in pairs.

Update: checked my receipt and only liquor flavored are taxed. I will just pair one plain and one liquor-ed tomorrow lol.
Member
Jul 11, 2017
372 posts
305 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: If I buy two $4.99 items and total doesn't meet $10, can I redeem 95 AM? For Haagen Daz, I understand only those with liquor get taxed.

I bought three yesterday but thinking of maybe buying in pairs.
You could throw in a plastic bag to bring it up to $10.00 for redeeming. I'm not sure though if it will count it for PLU #83929, it might need to be product totaling $10, but you should still get PLU #82228 + Flyer
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
51723 posts
16225 upvotes
johnb56789 wrote: You could throw in a plastic bag to bring it up to $10.00 for redeeming. I'm not sure though if it will count it for PLU #83929, it might need to be product totaling $10, but you should still get PLU #82228 + Flyer
Is tax included in the min $10 spend?
Member
Jul 11, 2017
372 posts
305 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Is tax included in the min $10 spend?
For redeeming, yes, so if you are under $10 before tax, and over $10 after tax you can still redeem. Normally for other redeem flyer promos, If I am like 15c under $10, I will just ask the cashier to add 3 bags and then the system lets me redeem $10 no problems. But from my shop yesterday with my fathers card, My subtotal was $9.49, and $10.13(?) after tax and only 25AM showed on receipt (#82228), I put in #83929, but it didn't show 50AM on receipt like it did for my transaction @ $10.17 total (no taxed items)
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
51723 posts
16225 upvotes
So the early self-checkout adopter locations really require staff to enter the PLU codes. I was going to follow John's instruction yet again but was told otherwise.

Good thing the employee was nice enough to help me with three transactions.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1379 posts
1187 upvotes
GTA
alanbrenton wrote: So the early self-checkout adopter locations really require staff to enter the PLU codes. I was going to follow John's instruction yet again but was told otherwise.

Good thing the employee was nice enough to help me with three transactions.
Yep, same with the self-checkout locations I have been to. And the younger ones seem more amenable to help :)

One told me that Metro requires them to "babysit customers" lol

Hope all of your 3 transactions (today?) were a success Alan!
Penalty Box
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
51723 posts
16225 upvotes
They were. I was thinking of looking for other AM accounts lying with 95 cash miles around but didn't bother haha.

We only have so many accounts because of the then Yahoo search bar offer where searches could be automated and earn AM lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2034 posts
734 upvotes
I received an email (targetted?) from AM about spend $250 at participating partners using my BMO AM WE MC and get 100 BAM. Mar 21 to Apr 25. I opted in on Mar 21 and took a screenshot.

The 1st transaction was done on Mar 21. Did all transactions at Shell. I hit the $252 mark on Apr 5.

My statement for the CC was generated yesterday Apr 13. There is no 100 BAM indicated.

How long does it take?
Newbie
Dec 18, 2018
27 posts
38 upvotes
Ontario
Seks wrote: I received an email (targetted?) from AM about spend $250 at participating partners using my BMO AM WE MC and get 100 BAM. Mar 21 to Apr 25. I opted in on Mar 21 and took a screenshot.

The 1st transaction was done on Mar 21. Did all transactions at Shell. I hit the $252 mark on Apr 5.

My statement for the CC was generated yesterday Apr 13. There is no 100 BAM indicated.

How long does it take?
Hey Seks,

You will probably have to re-opt in because there were some issues with the AirMiles system on March 21. If you opt in again, all your previous purchases at participating partners using your BMO Card will still count.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11160 posts
8373 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Seks wrote: I received an email (targetted?) from AM about spend $250 at participating partners using my BMO AM WE MC and get 100 BAM. Mar 21 to Apr 25. I opted in on Mar 21 and took a screenshot.

The 1st transaction was done on Mar 21. Did all transactions at Shell. I hit the $252 mark on Apr 5.

My statement for the CC was generated yesterday Apr 13. There is no 100 BAM indicated.

How long does it take?
Don’t believe the 100 MMs BAMs will appear in your BMO AMs MC Statement
(at least they never have in the past)

It’s just a case of the BAMs being POSTED to your AMs Account
They’ll be listed as BMO - MMs BAMs = 100 AMs
(Or something similar)
And a separate entry from the one for your monthly CC Statement POST
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11160 posts
8373 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lol, I got an email from AMs last week
In regards to my opting into the BMO Offer
It showed what my status was in regards to the Offer
($ 150 Spent of the required $ 250)

Crazy thing is...

I know that number is not factual.
As I just haven’t been visiting the short list of participating BMO Offer Partners in the last month
(been away, then out sick)
So no idea where / how they got this number
Being behind the 8 ball in catch up mode, I had written off obtaining the BMO Offer
And had added on a 6th MMs Offer for Insurance
Lol, now I am wondering if I will indeed see the BMO 100 BAMs
Could be a nice surprise if it happens
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 10, 2008
4981 posts
3273 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Lol, I got an email from AMs last week
In regards to my opting into the BMO Offer
It showed what my status was in regards to the Offer
($ 150 Spent of the required $ 250)

Crazy thing is...

I know that number is not factual.
As I just haven’t been visiting the short list of participating BMO Offer Partners in the last month
(been away, then out sick)
So no idea where / how they got this number
Being behind the 8 ball in catch up mode, I had written off obtaining the BMO Offer
And had added on a 6th MMs Offer for Insurance
Lol, now I am wondering if I will indeed see the BMO 100 BAMs
Could be a nice surprise if it happens
My email came in a couple of days ago, Friday Apr 12th. The balance they listed was bang on with the amount I had spent on my BMO card up till Apr 3rd, and did not include my spending from an Apr 5th transaction. Maybe they have their wires crossed with you and another cardholder. :D

I'm done with my 5 offers too. I'll probably grab a $100 Shell gift card to finish this one too, only because 100 BAMs are worth $10, which is worthwhile to chase after.
Member
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
200 posts
19 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: Just came back from Metro
Today they have 50AM when redeem 95AM for $10. On top of the MM 50AM
So I redeem 95AM for $10, and get 100AM back.
Plus, the item I got are on sale: Club Sode: $3.99 + Starbuck coffee bean: $6.99 = $10.95
Did it 4 X for each family member card.
So got 4 pack of CLub Sode + 4 Pack of Starbucks coffee beam for total of $6 tax in.
Great deal
I was told I wasn't allowed to use both offers on the same day..seems you got to use them in the same transaction!!! I hate cashiers that are clueless.
:D

Top