Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Miles

airmilesshop.ca Get 100/300/1000 AM shopping at 2/3/5 stores

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 10:48 am
Mar 26, 2006
422 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

airmilesshop.ca Get 100/300/1000 AM shopping at 2/3/5 stores

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 9, 2018
Retailer:
Air Miles
airmilesshop.ca Back to School 2018 promo
Earn bonus Air Miles when shopping via www.airmilesshop.ca

Shop at 2 stores for 100 bonus miles
Shop at 3 stores for 300 bonus miles
Shop at 5+ stores for 1000 bonus miles

Min $20 purchase per store. Offer not valid on travel stores as per fine print. Ends Sept 9, 2018
Link to promo: https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/seasona ... chool-2018

List of all stores: https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/directory#shops

Fine print:
Between August 7 and September 9, 2018, Collectors must make eligible purchases of $20 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, in a single transaction at (i) 5 or more different online stores to qualify for the 1,000 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles; or (ii) 3 different online stores to qualify for the 300 Bonus Miles; or (iii) 2 different online stores to qualify for the 100 Bonus Miles. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Miles and qualify for this offer. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Miles offers. This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. This offer does not apply to purchases made at any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account. *airmilesshops.ca Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $20 CDN that you spend per transaction per online store excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Base offer may vary, click “Store Info” on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles. Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 60 days.
Images
  • ams.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 7th, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: edited retailer
Thread Summary
From pointshubby:

Cause so many folks are asking...

AIRMILES ON GIFT CARDS

Airmiles on GCs are not earned on all of the Stores that are affiliated with AirMiles Shops.ca

The way to check is to utilize the AirMiles Shops.ca Directory

https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/directory#shops

When you hover over a Retailer, look for the STORE INFO Link (vs the SHOP NOW one)

On the page that comes up, you’ll find all the details regarding each Retailer
And if there are any restrictions (including those involving GCs)

Examples

APPLE = https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/apple
GCs do not earn AirMiles as per the Restrictions section

INDIGO / CHAPTERS = https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/indigo
Nothing stated about GC Restrictions, therefore AirMiles can be earned on their purchase
1689 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3477 posts
13838 upvotes
Toronto
Good find OP! 1000/95 x $10 = $105.26 in cash miles. If we spending around $20 per store, then it is pretty much free stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5665 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah not too bad

Easiest ones I would say are:
Amazon
eBay

Not sure which ones have free shipping but the rest I would probably go 3 of the following
GAP
Banana Republic
Newegg
Indigo
The Source
Dell
Canada Post
Mar 26, 2006
422 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
killoverme wrote: Yeah not too bad

Easiest ones I would say are:
Amazon
eBay

Not sure which ones have free shipping but the rest I would probably go 3 of the following
GAP
Banana Republic
Newegg
Indigo
The Source
Dell
Canada Post
There are stores that have free in-store pickup with online orders like:
Rona
Hudson's Bay
Lowe's
Lid's
Staples

Also if you're planning on going on vacation/booking hotels/activities
Marlin Travel
Hotels.com
Groupon
Oct 24, 2017
331 posts
782 upvotes
Got burned a few times in the past, so I recommend you do the following:

• Log into airmilesshops.ca with a browser that does not have an ad-blocker installed.
  • Take screenshots of each step of the process (e.g. that you've signed in, highlighted over each offer before you press 'Shop', etc.)
  • Take screenshots of each purchase confirmation

This will save you for when we all eventually have to talk to customer support to prove we made these purchases.
Last edited by canada5dollarbill on Aug 7th, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 11, 2015
221 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jiggajayd wrote: There are stores that have free in-store pickup with online orders like:
Rona
Hudson's Bay
Lowe's
Lid's
Staples

Also if you're planning on going on vacation/booking hotels/activities
Marlin Travel
Hotels.com
Groupon
From the T&C: This offer does not apply to purchases made at any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays).
Mar 26, 2006
422 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
jtcb wrote: Does this applies to ALL stores?

There is a link in OP's post with a lot of stores but at the bottom there is a button 'see all stores' which is not shown until that is clicked.

https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/seasona ... chool-2018
hmm.. i thought it was all stores, but i guess not. Here's a portion of the fine print:

This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. This offer does not apply to purchases made at any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account. *airmilesshops.ca Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $20 CDN that you spend per transaction per online store excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Base offer may vary, click “Store Info” on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles. Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 60 days. **airmilesshops.ca Multiplier Offers: LIMITED TIME OFFERS. AIR MILES® Reward Miles multiplier offers apply to the total base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Online store offers are subject to change without notice. See specific online store on airmilesshops.ca for offer details and any restrictions. Bonus Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days. Prices are not always in Canadian Dollars.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6453 posts
923 upvotes
jiggajayd wrote: hmm.. i thought it was all stores, but i guess not. Here's a portion of the fine print:

This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. This offer does not apply to purchases made at any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account. *airmilesshops.ca Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $20 CDN that you spend per transaction per online store excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Base offer may vary, click “Store Info” on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles. Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 60 days. **airmilesshops.ca Multiplier Offers: LIMITED TIME OFFERS. AIR MILES® Reward Miles multiplier offers apply to the total base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Online store offers are subject to change without notice. See specific online store on airmilesshops.ca for offer details and any restrictions. Bonus Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days. Prices are not always in Canadian Dollars.
So any store that is not shown before clicking on 'see all stores' is not included in this promo?
Mar 26, 2006
422 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
jtcb wrote: So any store that is not shown before clicking on 'see all stores' is not included in this promo?
I was just in a chat session with Air Miles support and they said the promo includes all stores except for travel stores as mentioned in fine print.
Images
  • 2018-08-07 11_28_34-Window.png
Last edited by jiggajayd on Aug 7th, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6179 posts
4804 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Tip: find 5 stores that you already shop at and gives you AM for buying gift cards (for example Indigo).
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4043 posts
3271 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP for the alert. Now we need to clarify which stores are eligible for this promo, only at the 48 stores shown or all the stores?

Update: Just saw OP's latest post, all the stores are eligible :-)
Last edited by gumby on Aug 7th, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2009
657 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
6 stores just to be safe..
GAP - free shipping (Aug 7&8 with code GAPFRIEND +GAPBEST)
Canada post - free shipping with 25$ purchase (stamps)
Lowes and Rona (free in-store pick up)
Groupon (20% off local deals)
indigo (airmiles on GC purchase)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6453 posts
923 upvotes
jiggajayd wrote: I was just in a chat session with Air Miles support and they said the promo includes all stores except for travel stores as mentioned in fine print.
Wow.. Thanks a lot!
Sep 28, 2015
924 posts
1119 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Never used airmilesshop.ca but will try it out. There are a few easy ones like Amazon, but I'll probably buy a few things I don't really need :S
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Just to clarify, on a lot of these sites you don't have to enter your air miles number, correct? It didn't ask me on CP, Indigo, etc....but I clicked through the airmilesshop link
Mar 26, 2006
422 posts
400 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
RolandCouch wrote: Just to clarify, on a lot of these sites you don't have to enter your air miles number, correct? It didn't ask me on CP, Indigo, etc....but I clicked through the airmilesshop link
Correct. However, make sure that your have an empty cart when you purchase through the link.
In other words, DO NOT HAVE SAVED ITEMS in your cart, then go back to the store via airmilesshop and complete the purchase. Items needs to be added to the cart after logging into airmilesshop.ca and going to the store via airmilesshop.ca

Depending on the store, it may take a couple days to weeks to show up in your Air Miles transaction list (airmiles.com -> Your Profile -> View Transactions) as airmilesshop.ca as the sponsor and the store name (see image)
Images
  • 2018-08-07 14_34_34-Window.png

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)