Expired Hot Deals

[Air Miles] airmilesshop.ca Get 100/300/1000 AM shopping at 2/3/5 stores

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 10:48 am
May 19, 2009
364 posts
217 upvotes
Vancouver
I did 6 purchases and only 5 posted (eBay's didn't). My 5 counted purchases were from Amazon, Staples, Indigo, Kobo, and Groupon, which all posted the +1 mile within a few days of purchase. I saw that I got 1000 airmiles so all is well. I'm not gonna waste my time phoning AM about the missing 1 pt with the eBay purchase... it could be because it was multiple purchases from different sellers adding to $20 (all paid at once) instead of one $20 purchase. Oh well, I did got the 1000 airmiles so I'm good Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1446 posts
1522 upvotes
Halifax
Absolute ****show. I did 7, credited for 3, had to call in. They resolved it but how is this beneficial to enticing a consumer to use their product. Hey, buy from us, and maybe within 60-75 days we might post the airmiles, or we might not, who knows? Then wait for the promo to be over and wait weeks and we may post the bonus points according to what you bought or maybe we won't. Your guess is as good as ours. Spend an hour on chat with CSR. Explain that 2 purchases never gave the airmiles, but were told to wait 60-75 days after purchase. Have CSR search for airmiles on your account who can't see the airmiles posted for a seller that never posted the airmiles. Hey, I'm not so good at seeing something that isn't there either, but hey, keep on looking for it.

I'm not saying that I won't take advantage of another promo like this. Overall it's worth it, but realistically, as a tool to encourage me to use Airmiles or airmilesshops, it is a 100% fail.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2781 posts
672 upvotes
I'm missing 700 miles. I used the online chat and rep told me she needed code to give me the miles and the code is not ready yet. Asked me to wait again. Should I try another rep?
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2013
1260 posts
6464 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Double dip.
Images
  • Screenshot_20181026-181818_1.jpg
Koodo - Public Mobile - Tangerine
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3169 posts
2245 upvotes
Ottawa
I did 5 orders, Indigo and Mint never posted and I just saw 300 BAM. I'm going to call in/chat to claim the missing 700 BAM. First time I have to call in for the missing BAM, it has always posted correctly before for other promos.

Update: Did the live chat, provided date of purchase, store and amount. Proper amount posted before signing off. Thanks to everyone with your positive experience. Seems that the missing 700 BAM were so common this time. They need to check out GCR and ebates for the correct way to capture the clicks from airmilesshops.
May 23, 2016
12 posts
45 upvotes
Yes try another rep. I had issues with both my wife and my account. I used Live Chat and it was resolved quickly. I got the 1000 BAM and the missing miles that did not post.

Much improved service and the both reps were very friendly and helpful.

Gives me confidence in shopping with airmiles. I heard horror stories before from others but it looks like they got their act together.

On the other hand, I submitted the missing miles inquiry a week ago and no response. I suggest you go straight to Live chat.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2070 posts
845 upvotes
Victoria
tdracer wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 10:40 am
Absolute ****show. I did 7, credited for 3, had to call in. They resolved it but how is this beneficial to enticing a consumer to use their product. Hey, buy from us, and maybe within 60-75 days we might post the airmiles, or we might not, who knows? Then wait for the promo to be over and wait weeks and we may post the bonus points according to what you bought or maybe we won't. Your guess is as good as ours. Spend an hour on chat with CSR. Explain that 2 purchases never gave the airmiles, but were told to wait 60-75 days after purchase. Have CSR search for airmiles on your account who can't see the airmiles posted for a seller that never posted the airmiles. Hey, I'm not so good at seeing something that isn't there either, but hey, keep on looking for it.

I'm not saying that I won't take advantage of another promo like this. Overall it's worth it, but realistically, as a tool to encourage me to use Airmiles or airmilesshops, it is a 100% fail.
I rarely defend Loyalty One (Air Miles) but these glitches where you aren’t credited are usually because the referral didn’t pay out to Air Miles. In other words, it’s the merchants fault. If you can get this resolved instantly with a call, that’s pretty good customer service if you ask me. It wouldn’t be unreasonable for them to make us wait several weeks while they send evidence of our purchases to merchants and wait for them to verify and find out what went wrong.

Really, when it comes to web referral incentives, there’s not much Air Miles could do to make it work better. Some people had 5 post and didn’t get their 1000 Air Miles, so that’s more of a problem, but I think people have to kinda expect this to happen when it’s referral commission bonus schemes.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1446 posts
1522 upvotes
Halifax
MaxPower19 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 11:06 pm
I rarely defend Loyalty One (Air Miles) but these glitches where you aren’t credited are usually because the referral didn’t pay out to Air Miles. In other words, it’s the merchants fault. If you can get this resolved instantly with a call, that’s pretty good customer service if you ask me. It wouldn’t be unreasonable for them to make us wait several weeks while they send evidence of our purchases to merchants and wait for them to verify and find out what went wrong.

Really, when it comes to web referral incentives, there’s not much Air Miles could do to make it work better. Some people had 5 post and didn’t get their 1000 Air Miles, so that’s more of a problem, but I think people have to kinda expect this to happen when it’s referral commission bonus schemes.
OMG, I don't want to get into a huge discussion, * but I could not disagree with you more. I bolded a few statements that seem to me to be unreasonable.

First, it's not the merchants fault. It lies 100% with airmiles. They implement the program, they understand time frames, they are the ones who make up the rules both for us the consumer and their merchants. As the party directly in charge with all the information and the ability to have both parties agree to those conditions, they are responsible to make a promo that is achievable under their own guidelines and rules.

It is wholly unreasonable to make a customer wait weeks to get their airmiles. They tout this as an incentive to save and a reason to buy. They don't take weeks to take your money. It just says they don't take their program seriously. If they don't, I don't. And if I have to remember to look 2-3 months down the road to find out if I received my 1 or 2 airmiles, the incentive to shop at airmiles stores disappears. The only reason why most of us did follow up is because the 1 or 2 AM turned into 700+ for this promo.

There is everything airmiles can do to make it better. They are 100% in control and should tailor their promos to match their promise. Nowhere does it say that these things were going to happen, but people experienced in these promos warned everyone.

People should not expect that when an international and Canada wide incentive program implements a promotion that it won't be implemented per their terms and conditions. And it is then up to the consumer to pursue and prove through their own system that they lived up to the T and C because AM is not able to accurately track and reflect their own promotion.

I only am disagreeing with you because I like to argue, but also I went through this with a manager at superstore who tried to deny my my $10 SCOP on a mug. I had to go through 3 people up to GM who was a jerk (maybe I am too) to get my $10. But the point is this, and is the same for this promo. Corporations should not put on promos and then not follow through. It should not require the consumer to make a corporation live up to it's promises. It is easy for me ( a jerk ) to argue with CSR or store manager but there are literally 100's and 1000's more who don't make a fuss, and then just take their lumps and walk away. This is RFD where most are used to these things happening and taking advantage of a price mistake, or lost leader, or this promo and don't have a problem with contacting CSR, but I can assure you that we are the minority and most people back down. Most people don't even bother contacting the company at all and just grumble to friends or even do nothing at all.

In the end the corporation gets to tout a big promo, entices people to spend, and then doesn't follow through with their promise. So, I will do it again, and it's not a big deal for me to call, but I am not encouraged to use AM or their site AMS, and certainly am not recommending to anyone unless they are the type who doesn't mind having to make sure a company lives up to it's own promises.
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 27th, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: chill
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4097 posts
1800 upvotes
For airmilesshop.ca, I was wondering how hard is it to establish a click history like ebates & GCR. I called and complained about HP not giving me the miles and was asked like "are you sure you went through airmilesshop.ca?". Common, I got 4 out of 5 correctly there and this is not the first time I am doing this. If they have click history, I could just give them the invoice resulted from that click (like I did with the other 2 sites) and there would be no dispute at all
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2070 posts
845 upvotes
Victoria
tdracer wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 8:31 am
OMG, I don't want to get into a huge discussion, * but I could not disagree with you more. I bolded a few statements that seem to me to be unreasonable.

First, it's not the merchants fault. It lies 100% with airmiles. They implement the program, they understand time frames, they are the ones who make up the rules both for us the consumer and their merchants. As the party directly in charge with all the information and the ability to have both parties agree to those conditions, they are responsible to make a promo that is achievable under their own guidelines and rules.

It is wholly unreasonable to make a customer wait weeks to get their airmiles. They tout this as an incentive to save and a reason to buy. They don't take weeks to take your money. It just says they don't take their program seriously. If they don't, I don't. And if I have to remember to look 2-3 months down the road to find out if I received my 1 or 2 airmiles, the incentive to shop at airmiles stores disappears. The only reason why most of us did follow up is because the 1 or 2 AM turned into 700+ for this promo.

There is everything airmiles can do to make it better. They are 100% in control and should tailor their promos to match their promise. Nowhere does it say that these things were going to happen, but people experienced in these promos warned everyone.

People should not expect that when an international and Canada wide incentive program implements a promotion that it won't be implemented per their terms and conditions. And it is then up to the consumer to pursue and prove through their own system that they lived up to the T and C because AM is not able to accurately track and reflect their own promotion.

I only am disagreeing with you because I like to argue, but also I went through this with a manager at superstore who tried to deny my my $10 SCOP on a mug. I had to go through 3 people up to GM who was a jerk (maybe I am too) to get my $10. But the point is this, and is the same for this promo. Corporations should not put on promos and then not follow through. It should not require the consumer to make a corporation live up to it's promises. It is easy for me ( a jerk ) to argue with CSR or store manager but there are literally 100's and 1000's more who don't make a fuss, and then just take their lumps and walk away. This is RFD where most are used to these things happening and taking advantage of a price mistake, or lost leader, or this promo and don't have a problem with contacting CSR, but I can assure you that we are the minority and most people back down. Most people don't even bother contacting the company at all and just grumble to friends or even do nothing at all.

In the end the corporation gets to tout a big promo, entices people to spend, and then doesn't follow through with their promise. So, I will do it again, and it's not a big deal for me to call, but I am not encouraged to use AM or their site AMS, and certainly am not recommending to anyone unless they are the type who doesn't mind having to make sure a company lives up to it's own promises.
Airmiles didn’t invent the referral system and it’s out of their control if everything works on their end but the merchant doesn’t pay out. What is in Airmiles control is their ability to fix mistakes when people complain and they’re doing a great job of that - fixing them even before going back to the merchants for verification and to find out what’s wrong.
Last edited by MrDisco on Oct 27th, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1446 posts
1522 upvotes
Halifax
MaxPower19 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 12:52 pm
Airmiles didn’t invent the referral system and it’s out of their control if everything works on their end but the merchant doesn’t pay out. What is in Airmiles control is their ability to fix mistakes when people complain and they’re doing a great job of that - fixing them even before going back to the merchants for verification and to find out what’s wrong.
we'll just have to disagree

Oct 14, 2013
462 posts
316 upvotes
One account got miles correctly the other I went through live chat. Didn't ask for proof and I didn't offer any either. Got my miles in less than 10 minutes. A little bit more effort than I would've liked but I'd do this promo again.