[Air Miles] Bonus Boom - February 4 to 17, 2021

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 18, 2021
Retailer:
Air Miles
More offers from Air Miles
I searched and didn’t see a post yet.

Bonus Boom is an airmiles event that gives you 95 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles($10 value) when you use 3 different AIR MILES BONUS BOOM™ offers.

Easy ones in Ontario: Metro, Shell, Urban Fresh , LCBO. From past data points, completing 3 offers at 1 vendor counts too, so you can easily do this just at Urban Fresh/ LCBO.

Sobeys/foodland is an option too, but I kinda hate how they force you to go back the next week if you want the 5X bonus miles

Don’t forget getmyoffers.ca if you are going to Urban Fresh/Sobeys/foodland

Cheers!
Last edited by RichardMan on Feb 4th, 2021 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2081 posts
664 upvotes
Not really worth going out of your way for 95 miles ($10).

If you're going to be buying stuff from 3 partners anyway, then I suppose why not...
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2507 posts
1606 upvotes
GTA
Reminder: Some offers have to be opted into before doing them such as Shell, Sobeys, Foodland, and maybe others,
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1481 posts
1349 upvotes
again...bonus boom works for 3 "offers" not 3 "partners"

you can complete all 3 quests at sobey's or safeway
cbt123 wrote: Not really worth going out of your way for 95 miles ($10).

If you're going to be buying stuff from 3 partners anyway, then I suppose why not...
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44937 posts
5514 upvotes
Richmond Hill
naticom wrote: again...bonus boom works for 3 "offers" not 3 "partners"

you can complete all 3 quests at sobey's or safeway
Interesting, this must be new. They have been doing 3 "partners" for the last couple years now.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3200 posts
2985 upvotes
Best way to earn the 95 miles in Ontario: IMHO is to use the 3 offers which you redeem 95 miles for $10 (at Sobeys, Sobeys Urban Fresh, and Foodland) .....need to opt in in each one.
May 11, 2017
110 posts
69 upvotes
Fir the Shell offer of purchase of 30L of gas, do we ALSO need to do the $5 in store purchase additionally or just one or the other?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2115 posts
1663 upvotes
Montreal, QC
only 95 air miles when you used 3 offers? was like 200+ AM is the past deals if I don't remember wrong
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2407 posts
340 upvotes
Jerseygal wrote: Fir the Shell offer of purchase of 30L of gas, do we ALSO need to do the $5 in store purchase additionally or just one or the other?
Can we also combine the 2 30L gas offer in one? Just pay for the 30L gas on their app.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
173 posts
121 upvotes
Alekxqin wrote: only 95 air miles when you used 3 offers? was like 200+ AM is the past deals if I don't remember wrong
I think you are referring to the mega miles event that happens twice a year. The major difference is that you would need to complete an offer from 3 different vendors for Mega Miles while you can complete 3 easier offers from just 1 vendor in Bonus Boom. That’s probably why the lower BAM.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3467 posts
1161 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone else unable to redeem 95 AM at the cash at Foodland/Sobeys/etc.??
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8054 posts
4030 upvotes
RichardMan wrote: I think you are referring to the mega miles event that happens twice a year. The major difference is that you would need to complete an offer from 3 different vendors for Mega Miles while you can complete 3 easier offers from just 1 vendor in Bonus Boom. That’s probably why the lower BAM.
I would rather the 3 EASIER offers because then I can take advantage of it. Otherwise, I always just end up passing on it.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
173 posts
121 upvotes
choclover wrote: I would rather the 3 EASIER offers because then I can take advantage of it. Otherwise, I always just end up passing on it.
Same here given the pandemic and how difficult an offer can be during Mega miles. I remember the offer at Rona/ Lowes needed me to spend $500, it’s not even worth trying. That also explained the general frustration during the last Mega Miles.

Good years of meaningful BAM are gone.
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
173 posts
121 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Anyone else unable to redeem 95 AM at the cash at Foodland/Sobeys/etc.??
Did you unlock the option to use cash mile on your airmiles account?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3467 posts
1161 upvotes
Ontario
RichardMan wrote: Did you unlock the option to use cash mile on your airmiles account?
Yes, unlocked and 2500 miles in each acct. Tried mine and spouse's at Foodland cash and was told "no go".. Airmiles system was seemingly UP and card could be scanned. Also, saw 10 BAM on screen. WTF?

Successfully redeemed a few weeks ago.

But similar problem happened a few months ago.

I realized redeeming AM at grocery is unreliable.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Jan 8, 2008
323 posts
93 upvotes
YYC
minimalist wrote: Anyone else unable to redeem 95 AM at the cash at Foodland/Sobeys/etc.??
yep, they tried this stunt at Safeway yesterday.Cashier claimed I did not have enough AM's! I wasn't taking no for an answer. Suspended transaction and re-scanned Airmiles card and they magically appeared.