EXPIRED Air miles Sonos deal - Beam, Playbar, Playbar & Sub

Deal Link:
Savings:
40%
Expiry:
December 5, 2019
Retailer:
Air Miles
Air miles is running 12 days of Christmas deals and today’s deal is 40% less points redemption for Sonos Beam, Sub, Playbar and Playbase.

I just ordered up a Sub for 6316 dream miles.

Beam 4243 dream miles
Playbar 7099 dream miles
Playbase 7173 dream miles

If I hadn’t just ordered a beam from a local shop I would have gotten on of those too. Even with sale prices on Sonos lately this is still cheaper (after tax) using a generous rate of 1000 dream miles = $100.

This is HOT folks. No cash out of pocket and high efficiency on redemption of dream miles which are usually kinda bad for electronics.
Last edited by Beforescott on Dec 5th, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
67 replies
Nov 12, 2019
175 posts
425 upvotes
Thanks for the tip!! Had been planning to order beam+sub next year using Onyx discount, but this is a way better deal. Merry Christmas to me!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2512 posts
2756 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP but I still need 10 years or so to get that much miles.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Apr 9, 2011
48 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria
Someone in another thread did some math on the valuation of points to product value. Adding some of the calculations to assist anyone interested in the deal.

Your text to link here...

95 airmiles = $10
9.5miles = $1

Beam 4243 dream miles = $446
Playbar 7099 dream miles = $747
Playbase 7173 dream miles = $755
[OP]
Nov 22, 2017
164 posts
183 upvotes
dimigon wrote: Someone in another thread did some math on the valuation of points to product value. Adding some of the calculations to assist anyone interested in the deal.

Your text to link here...

95 airmiles = $10
9.5miles = $1

Beam 4243 dream miles = $446
Playbar 7099 dream miles = $747
Playbase 7173 dream miles = $755
Thanks digimon! Good information for people. To me, still a very hot deal. I live in a province with 15% HST so all the current offers are less than the units sale price + tax. Hard to get value out of dream miles sometimes.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2214 posts
969 upvotes
Waterloo
The sub is a hot deal. I ordered as well to add to my system.

6316 dream miles = $665
I believe the lowest price for the sub was $719.99 + tax (new) = $813.59 in Ontario
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Dec 28, 2009
271 posts
86 upvotes
A bit uneducated with Sonos.....would the Playbase provide a home theater setup?
Jan 22, 2017
126 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
I really want the sub, but I only have 4,729 miles. It looks like you can buy miles for $0.20 each -- but does that spoil the deal? Hmmm...
"You listen to me, you'll go to the top. You don't listen to me, you're never heard from again!"
Oct 7, 2015
524 posts
447 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Hope they will have similar deals after two years ...
[OP]
Nov 22, 2017
164 posts
183 upvotes
Ninja15 wrote: A bit uneducated with Sonos.....would the Playbase provide a home theater setup?
Playbase fits under the tv on the tv stand. The TV sits on top. It’s an alternate form factor vs a sound bar.

Will it provide a “home theatre setup”? It depends on what you mean, but not really. It will have great sound vs your television, but on its own will not provide a 5.1 or surround sound setup.
[OP]
Nov 22, 2017
164 posts
183 upvotes
bobbyheenan wrote: I really want the sub, but I only have 4,729 miles. It looks like you can buy miles for $0.20 each -- but does that spoil the deal? Hmmm...
It definitely kills the deal somewhat. You’d need to spend around $400 on miles. But depends on how much you want the sub and how much you value your air miles.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5580 posts
1983 upvotes
Aah it's too bad you can't stack with Onyx discount...that woulda been amazing.

Still, fantastic deal OP...you have me contemplating life choices....
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5580 posts
1983 upvotes
x8ssJoe wrote: Hope they will have similar deals after two years ...
Why specifically two years?

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jan 22, 2017
126 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
Beforescott wrote: It definitely kills the deal somewhat. You’d need to spend around $400 on miles. But depends on how much you want the sub and how much you value your air miles.
Ah, I went for it. We are way committed to Sonos and I'm not sure what I would have done with my Airmiles anyway.

Thanks!
"You listen to me, you'll go to the top. You don't listen to me, you're never heard from again!"
Oct 7, 2015
524 posts
447 upvotes
Vanier, ON
deezz wrote: Why specifically two years?
Another two mega miles and two STB.
I just started collecting airmiles since last STB. Got around 3k in dream miles but spent 1.4k in November.
Apr 9, 2011
48 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria
SONOS is a great setup, everything just works - hardly ever any discounts, I have a PLAY5, PLAYBAR, SUB, and 5 PLAY1's, do not regret any of them! To save a little bit of money on mine, I just watched all local online classifieds (e.g. VarageSale) for people selling BestBuy gift cards at a discount, usually at about 20%-25% off card value.
[OP]
Nov 22, 2017
164 posts
183 upvotes
bobbyheenan wrote: Ah, I went for it. We are way committed to Sonos and I'm not sure what I would have done with my Airmiles anyway.

Thanks!
Excellent!! If you didn’t care about the air miles anyways, it’s almost like a 1/2 Sonos Sub for you. Still great! ;)
[OP]
Nov 22, 2017
164 posts
183 upvotes
deezz wrote: Aah it's too bad you can't stack with Onyx discount...that woulda been amazing.

Still, fantastic deal OP...you have me contemplating life choices....
If you have the miles, go for it!!! :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5580 posts
1983 upvotes
Beforescott wrote: If you have the miles, go for it!!! :D
Pleeeeeease stooooop. My will is made of rubber. And I have TONS of airmiles. I've been saving them for a nice huge trip.....but damn...the price on the sub is amazing, and it's something I will have for life. God what do I do.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8586 posts
5438 upvotes
Kootenays
Personally, I feel if you fly at all, AMs are best for flight redemptions. It's $.20+/ mile at the Onyz level.