Expired Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Free 100 Airmiles every month till Feb 28/19 with Samsung Pay

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2019 9:01 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
1996 posts
1320 upvotes
Ottawa
ridgebacks wrote: Did that. already.
I dont remember specifically how I got my card to show in the app - but when I open it and go to Wallet - there's and option for "credit/debit" and an option for "memberships" - it's under "memberships" that I can add airmiles.

There's also a plus sign ("+") everywhere in the app it seems, and tapping that leads me to adding a membership card too.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 31, 2015
24 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Yeah, my problem is that I only have credit/debit" option and no "memebership" option. Maybe I need to wait for my AM link to be processed first. I still haven't seen the AM point on my account yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2442 posts
1095 upvotes
I used airmiles from Samsung Pay for the first time today at a Metro. Scanned no problem, but my app is still showing the extra trailing digit. Oh well :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
1996 posts
1320 upvotes
Ottawa
ridgebacks wrote: Yeah, my problem is that I only have credit/debit" option and no "memebership" option. Maybe I need to wait for my AM link to be processed first. I still haven't seen the AM point on my account yet.
I added my card to the app within minutes of linking it to my account online.

I think there was a lock/unlock icon I had to click when I added it to my account online - did you click that so it locked?
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 31, 2015
24 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
cappaj wrote: I added my card to the app within minutes of linking it to my account online.

I think there was a lock/unlock icon I had to click when I added it to my account online - did you click that so it locked?
I did.

I also checked that my Samsung Pay app is the most recent and there's no update available.

edit: just want to add that I'm using the Samsung Gear app on a HTC u11+. The Samsung pay app is within tha Gear app. Maybe adding membership card is only supported on a Samsung phone? That would really sucks.
Member
Jun 6, 2008
239 posts
46 upvotes
phht wrote: I received 50 miles for linking air miles card to samsung account, but i have no samsung phone nor samsung app but got another 50 AM posted, not sure what that is for. Nice bonus anyway
Ditto for me re/ the double AM. I added my AM card to Samsung Pay when I saw this thread (thanks op). Checked my AM account today and two 50 AM credits applied, both saying Samsung Pay. I have not made any purchases using my Samsung Pay (yet). Hope they don't remove one.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2697 posts
2609 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Can you somehow get these 50 sign up miles still with an iPhone ? Or unregistered number old SIM card put into a Samsung phone ? Never going to use the pay option but would like the 50 free miles
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
8023 posts
5804 upvotes
North York
Refer to post #5. I got my 50x2 AMs via desktop computer.
mrfrugal83 wrote: Can you somehow get these 50 sign up miles still with an iPhone ? Or unregistered number old SIM card put into a Samsung phone ? Never going to use the pay option but would like the 50 free miles
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2697 posts
2609 upvotes
Oakville, ON
DragonRider wrote: Refer to post #5. I got my 50x2 AMs via desktop computer.
Via the Samsung website ? And how’d you get 2x? Thinking two diffirent cards otherwise improbable
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
1996 posts
1320 upvotes
Ottawa
mrfrugal83 wrote: Via the Samsung website ? And how’d you get 2x? Thinking two diffirent cards otherwise improbable
The 2x thing happened to everyone for some reason, seems like a "bank error in your favor" kind of deal.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2009
1445 posts
1084 upvotes
antone got the 5 AM for the individual transactions?
Newbie
Feb 27, 2018
66 posts
57 upvotes
Selkirk
DP: I got 5 air miles using Shell fuel self serve from last week's transaction. I just added the number 8 at the end of my Air Miles rewards number (tried scanning first using our work scanner that's why I know that there is an extra digit..) when I entered it.. Yesterday, I also tried it in store.. The cashier didn't want to scan my Samsung Pay AM bar code because she told me that they have an old scanner but I just convinced her to try it and it worked..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
1996 posts
1320 upvotes
Ottawa
Over the last couple days, I had 5 AM posted for 4 transactions each from a couple weeks ago. (I also got the 2x50 AM for linking with Samsung Pay - not bad!)
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3130 posts
617 upvotes
Toronto
bokchoy17 wrote: DP: I got 5 air miles using Shell fuel self serve from last week's transaction. I just added the number 8 at the end of my Air Miles rewards number (tried scanning first using our work scanner that's why I know that there is an extra digit..) when I entered it.. Yesterday, I also tried it in store.. The cashier didn't want to scan my Samsung Pay AM bar code because she told me that they have an old scanner but I just convinced her to try it and it worked..
I tried it today and it wouldn't scan at Shell, the lady entered my card number from the app but it didn't have any extra digit
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5204 posts
906 upvotes
calgary
I already linked to my account.

Is there a special way to add the card or are you just taking a picture of it and manually putting the code in the app?
I guess I just dont understand how scanning a picture of your card through your app is any different then just using your card, like how do they track this?

Top