[Air Miles] Free 100 Airmiles every month till Feb 28/19 with Samsung Pay

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2019 9:01 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1996 posts
1320 upvotes
Ottawa
SpicYMchaggis wrote: I already linked to my account.

Is there a special way to add the card or are you just taking a picture of it and manually putting the code in the app?
I guess I just dont understand how scanning a picture of your card through your app is any different then just using your card, like how do they track this?
Someone else mentioned that they tested the barcode itself in the app and that's where the extra digit or some other tracking data is communicated when you scan it.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Feb 27, 2018
66 posts
57 upvotes
Selkirk
undacova wrote: I tried it today and it wouldn't scan at Shell, the lady entered my card number from the app but it didn't have any extra digit
Oh ok. When I tried the bar code in the Air Miles app before, wouldn't scan but the Samsung Pay one works and they were actually surprised that it worked.. I also tried scanning it using our old scanner and it also worked.
Jan 26, 2011
215 posts
262 upvotes
Guys: I think they just award the 5 miles to EVERY air miles transaction in the period because they have no idea whether you've used samsung pay...

1. I got 5 points (stating samsung offer) on my purchase of shell gas, even though I swiped my physical card
2. I got 5 points for my monthly payment to Johnson insurance, even though I didn't even use my card (my card number is stored with Johnson and points are added whenever my monthly payment occur; I added my card like a year ago so there's no extra digit or whatever)

Hope they dont fix this lol
Feb 27, 2018
66 posts
57 upvotes
Selkirk
Melkorbane wrote: Guys: I think they just award the 5 miles to EVERY air miles transaction in the period because they have no idea whether you've used samsung pay...

1. I got 5 points (stating samsung offer) on my purchase of shell gas, even though I swiped my physical card
2. I got 5 points for my monthly payment to Johnson insurance, even though I didn't even use my card (my card number is stored with Johnson and points are added whenever my monthly payment occur; I added my card like a year ago so there's no extra digit or whatever)

Hope they dont fix this lol
Nice! And I hope they don't see this.. lol
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2697 posts
2609 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Just say enter air miles in account settings ? So I did that with the lock button... is that the correct procedure to link Samsung pay ? How long does it take to get the 50 miles ? Hoping I did it right
Jun 21, 2018
123 posts
51 upvotes
For me this promotion didn't work. No miles at all. Maybe I had account before but I don't remember
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7999 posts
5726 upvotes
North York
Finally got my first standard offers after the 2x50 AMs.
I never used the app, just the physical AM card, so that works.
However not sure why only 2x as I've flashed my card at Metro 4 times and also LCBO.

12 Aug 18 SAMSUNG STANDARD OFFER +5
11 Aug 18 SAMSUNG STANDARD OFFER +5
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7999 posts
5726 upvotes
North York
mrfrugal83 wrote: Just say enter air miles in account settings ? So I did that with the lock button... is that the correct procedure to link Samsung pay ? How long does it take to get the 50 miles ? Hoping I did it right
Yes
I registered on July 31st, got my 50x2 AMs on Aug 10.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2069 upvotes
No longer 50x2 AMs :(. I registered mine before and got 50x2. So I decided to register for my wife & my daughter too. I checked and they only received 50x1 today. I guess they have fixed the glitch. BTW, none of us have Samsung phones, we just registered for the 50AM
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7999 posts
5726 upvotes
North York
mkl38s wrote: No longer 50x2 AMs :(. I registered mine before and got 50x2. So I decided to register for my wife & my daughter too. I checked and they only received 50x1 today. I guess they have fixed the glitch. BTW, none of us have Samsung phones, we just registered for the 50AM
Yeah my other family cards registered after mine only got 1x50. Early bird gets double the worm ...
12 Aug 18 SAMSUNG STANDARD OFFER +50
Jul 4, 2007
1 posts
Ajax, ON
I have an almost brand new Samsung A5 but it says my device isn't compatible with Google Pay. What's the deal with that?
Nov 14, 2003
302 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
PboSaxist wrote: I have an almost brand new Samsung A5 but it says my device isn't compatible with Google Pay. What's the deal with that?
Works fine on my A5. Are you running stock firmware? Doesn't work if you are rooted.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1663 posts
518 upvotes
Anyone else have problems scanning at Safeway?
I've turned my brightness as high as possible, but it won't scan at the self checkout and the cashiers refuse to use the phone (they want to manually type in the am number)
Thanks
Sep 21, 2016
68 posts
18 upvotes
granite_69 wrote: Anyone else have problems scanning at Safeway?
I've turned my brightness as high as possible, but it won't scan at the self checkout and the cashiers refuse to use the phone (they want to manually type in the am number)
Thanks
Which phone? I use a new A8 and it scans fine with the brightness all the way up. When I'm at a cashier, I'll reach over and scan the phone myself after asking the cashier to just let me try (100% success so far). Also, if no one's answered this, I've gotten the 5 AM every time I've scanned my phone, even when it's just for a can of soda.