Expired Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Get 1,900 AIR MILES Cash Miles ($200) when you use 7 offers during the holiday season

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2017 5:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1032 posts
256 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

Get 1,900 AIR MILES Cash Miles ($200) when you use 7 offers during the holiday season

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Air Miles
ImageImage
Between November 16 and December 14, 2016 (“Event Period”), if you make purchases using: (i) 3 different AIR MILES® Shop the Block Bonus Offers (“Bonus Offers”) and complete the requirements to qualify for each individual Bonus Offer, you can get 285 Bonus Cash Miles; or (ii) 5 different Bonus Offers and complete the requirements to qualify for each individual Bonus Offer, you can get 950 Bonus Cash Miles; or (iii) 7 or more different Bonus Offers and complete the requirements to qualify for each individual Bonus Offer, you can get 1,900 Bonus Cash Miles. Limit of one of 285, 950, or 1,900 Bonus Cash Miles Offer per Account. See the terms, conditions, dates and requirements of each individual Bonus Offer since they differ. Note that some of the individual Bonus Offers require more than one purchase in order to qualify for the applicable Bonus Offer. Miles you get from individual Bonus Offers will be allocated based on your AIR MILES Collector Account preference. Bonus Cash Miles you get from using 3, 5, or 7 different offers during the Event Period will be posted directly into your Cash Account. Bonus Offers are available only in the AIR MILES Shop the Block Offer Booklet in-store or at airmiles.ca/shoptheblock. Please allow up to 90 days after the Event Period for the Cash Miles to be deposited directly into your Cash Account.

Important to note that this offer does not require you to shop at different sponsors. You just need to redeem 7 different offers.

Regardless you opted in for Cash Reward or not, you will only get Cash Miles from this offer and not Dream Miles, and you cannot swap them to Dream Miles later either.

FAQ: https://shoptheblock.ca/en/faqs

Important:
Not all offers fall within the Nov 16 - Dec 14 period, some are longer and some are shorter.... for example in Ontario at Metro Spend $100 for 60 Air Miles is only valid Dec 8-11... so if you have an offer you are eyeing make sure you complete it within the period specified for that offer.

UPDATE: The Bothwell Cheese offers seem to be very YMMV and really depends on which two cheese you get. Below are some of the combinations of cheeses that work for some RFDers, I will continue to update this post as more known successful combo is discovered... however it's still YMMV:
- Horseradish Cheddar & Red Wine Cheddar at Sobey's (smartiesummer #475)
- Smoked Chanterelle Cheddar x2 at Foodland (daverobev #485)
- EDAM Cheese x2 at Sobey's Urban Fresh (ricedion #492)

UPDATE Feb 2, 2017
- Thanks trystee for the info
Per post #323 - awarded by Mar 14, 2017, based on the original T&C's 90 days after deal ends
Per post #813 - awarded by Apr 13, 2017, based on the FAQ's 120 days after deal ends

UPDATE Feb 6, 2017
I got my 1,900 Cash Miles I did my bare minimum 7 offers...
Last edited by Feb30th on Nov 16th, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
1001 replies
Nov 26, 2003
600 posts
136 upvotes
Calgary
Sweet! Interesting that it's specifically cash miles now, not what you have chosen as your preferred miles. Good deal none the less
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2927 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
success_one wrote:
Nov 16th, 2016 11:34 pm
Sweet! Interesting that it's specifically cash miles now, not what you have chosen as your preferred miles. Good deal none the less
I wonder if that's a hint to what's happening to miles next year?
Nov 7, 2010
79 posts
10 upvotes
are we automatically enrolled in the program? I didn't see anywhere to register.
hope I can finish 7.
May 21, 2002
775 posts
211 upvotes
I see about a $300 spend to get $200 back not too bad or $150 to get $100 back
Dec 22, 2013
930 posts
215 upvotes
EDMONTON
What's the best offer in here? None of them look particularly appealing
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8361 posts
1325 upvotes
some potential to come out ahead here..

cheapest route would be probably
Get 10 Bonus Miles on any Costa Coffee* at Shell! --- 2$
Get 100 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles‡ with 3 magazines - for yourself or as gifts - and pay as little as $3.75/month† (for all 3!) - 4$, probably some other catch also.
Get 150 Bonus Miles with your FREE Hearing Test at any participating HearingLife Canada location November 16 to December 14, 2016.
Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products. 15$
Sign up to Texture and enjoy your first 30 days free,‡ plus get up to 15 Bonus Miles every month you're subscribing to Texture.* not sure the cost, probably 10$
BMO mastercard (if you have one), just make 7 purchases at safeway or shell, go buy a pack of gum 7 times, 7$
spend 95$ at safeway, get 95 airmiles.

so total spend is around 133$, then you earn 1900 airmiles in promo, plus another 400 from the offers, that's 240$ in airmiles.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4147 posts
2429 upvotes
Toronto
For the magazine offer "Get 100 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles‡ with 3 magazines - for yourself or as gifts - and pay as little as $3.75/month† (for all 3!)"

The catch on the site is:

Risk-Free Guarantee. You will receive a full, prompt refund for any undelivered issues. You may discontinue your subscription at any time, for any reason, after your first six months.

†Plus tax. Offer available until December 9, 2016 for regular and gift subscriptions in Canada; may not be combined with any other offer. Prices vary by magazine, the total cost is dependent on the price of each magazine selected. Maximum 100 reward miles per customer. No reward miles are earned if only one or two magazines are ordered except if selection includes available digital magazines with bonus miles. Reward miles will be credited 4 to 6 weeks following your first monthly subscription payment if you provide your AIR MILES Collector number; but will be deducted if subscription is cancelled within the first 6 months after payment is received. Please allow 4 to 8 weeks for subscriptions to start; U.S. magazines and those with fewer than 12 issues/year may take a little longer. Prices and publishing frequency are current but may change in future. Page=34713; Code=43J-A10
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2002
4849 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
zentro wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:35 am
For the magazine offer "Get 100 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles‡ with 3 magazines - for yourself or as gifts - and pay as little as $3.75/month† (for all 3!)"

The catch on the site is:

Risk-Free Guarantee. You will receive a full, prompt refund for any undelivered issues. You may discontinue your subscription at any time, for any reason, after your first six months.
Yup, got this last time and was a pain, you have to call in to cancel after six months, didn't even allow me to set a cancelation date proactively. Also, the Texture (formerly Nextissue) deal had a contract, but looks like they changed things so better to read the fine print. At least you can cancel that one online.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1032 posts
256 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
rawrageee wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:03 am
are we automatically enrolled in the program? I didn't see anywhere to register.
hope I can finish 7.
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:40 am
Do we have to register our AM number?
No need to register, just start redeeming offers with the same Air Miles card. However if you plan to use the BMO MasterCard offer you need to register your Air Miles with them.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2006
1032 posts
256 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
99SiR wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:11 am
I see about a $300 spend to get $200 back not too bad or $150 to get $100 back
tsimpson76 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:21 am
What's the best offer in here? None of them look particularly appealing
For Ontario: I think the following are quite easy to achieve, at least for myself.....
BMO - Use your BMO®† AIR MILES® MasterCard® * and you could earn 1 Shop the Block Bonus Offer! (Since I already have the BMO Air Miles MasterCard)
Shell - Get 95 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with a minimum cumulative purchase of 100L of Shell V-Power®† NiTRO+ or Shell V- Power®† Diesel.
Coupon must be presented in-store at time of purchase for each transaction. (Since I already used V-Power and I easily use 100L in a month)
Shell - Get 10 Bonus Miles on any Costa Coffee* at Shell!
Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g.
Sobey's Urban Fresh - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g.
Sobey's - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g.
Rexall - Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products.

WTF.... when I was looking earlier this afternoon there was a 20x Air Miles from airmilesshops.ca but it's no longer in the offer lists......

Edit: The 20x event is now showing up again as one of the offer. 20x event is only from Nov 21 to Nov 30.
Last edited by Feb30th on Nov 17th, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1349 posts
351 upvotes
BC
I'm done with Air Miles. The flight selection has always been spotty, where you never got your first choice, but with enough notice, you could get flights that would work.

Couldn't get flights to/from Vancouver to Calgary in mid December attempting booking 2 months in advance. Both WestJet and Air Canada have half a dozen flights on both days. No Air Miles availability the day before or after my desired days, either.

Air Miles is useless now. Switch to something that will actually have travel value.
Feb 10, 2007
913 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Timbo420 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 6:23 pm
I'm done with Air Miles. The flight selection has always been spotty, where you never got your first choice, but with enough notice, you could get flights that would work.

Couldn't get flights to/from Vancouver to Calgary in mid December attempting booking 2 months in advance. Both WestJet and Air Canada have half a dozen flights on both days. No Air Miles availability the day before or after my desired days, either.

Air Miles is useless now. Switch to something that will actually have travel value.
I can't believe the number of flights available between YVR and YYC these days, maybe you are snake bitten or not Onyx?