Expired Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Get 1,900 AIR MILES Cash Miles ($200) when you use 7 offers during the holiday season

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2017 5:45 pm
Banned
Nov 17, 2016
57 posts
28 upvotes
Feb30th wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:56 am
For Ontario: I think the following are quite easy to achieve, at least for myself.....
BMO - Use your BMO®† AIR MILES® MasterCard® * and you could earn 1 Shop the Block Bonus Offer! (Since I already have the BMO Air Miles MasterCard)
Shell - Get 95 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with a minimum cumulative purchase of 100L of Shell V-Power®† NiTRO+ or Shell V- Power®† Diesel.
Coupon must be presented in-store at time of purchase for each transaction. (Since I already used V-Power and I easily use 100L in a month)
Shell - Get 10 Bonus Miles on any Costa Coffee* at Shell!
Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g.
Sobey's Urban Fresh - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g.
Sobey's - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g.
Rexall - Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products.

WTF.... when I was looking earlier this afternoon there was a 20x Air Miles from airmilesshops.ca but it's no longer in the offer lists......

Edit: The 20x event is now showing up again as one of the offer. 20x event is only from Nov 21 to Nov 30.
Good deal :)
Banned
Nov 17, 2016
57 posts
28 upvotes
1. What's the price difference between Shell V- Power Nitro + gas and regular gas ? Like 10 cents or something ?
My car just takes normal gas so can I still put the premium gas in it without harming the car ? I am guessing Yes.

2. What's the cheapest Costa coffee at Shell ?

3. Bothwell Cheddhar cheese, 170 gm at Sobeys, what's the price.
Aug 19, 2012
48 posts
37 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ziyizhu9 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2016 2:07 am
What's the airmiles referral link? (Go to airmiles web site and search for Texture?
Sorry, I should have said the airmiles offer link. Yes, the link that's on the shoptheblock.ca website.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1518 posts
428 upvotes
Zafran wrote:
Nov 26th, 2016 5:25 pm
$5.99 or $6.99, but you must buy 2 for the offer.
Nov 28, 2007
116 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Zafran wrote:
1. What's the price difference between Shell V- Power Nitro + gas and regular gas ? Like 10 cents or something ?
My car just takes normal gas so can I still put the premium gas in it without harming the car ? I am guessing Yes.

Cheese at Sobeys is $6.99. I priced it out in a previous post:
doraemon wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:23 pm
This is actually an amazing offer. In short, I am on-track for spending $124.71 to get back $221.05 + random food.

For those worried about the offer not working, the offer and bonus miles appear on the screen and receipt at checkout. If it does not work, simply cancel the transaction/checkout. Most of the offers I listed below are valid throughout the Shop The Block period (Nov 16 - Dec 14), any exceptions are listed. I opted out of the magazine offers because it is too much of a hassle to subscribe and cancel. If you have a BMO Air Miles credit card, then you can use it to replace any one of the offers (I suggest Rexall).

It is also worth noting that you receive the Shop The Block Air Miles (1900) in February 2017. This means you automatically get Air Miles Gold Status in 2017, it gives you more redemption options. Most people would consider this benefit to be useless.

Ideally, you can get at 4 offers from Foodland all in one shopping trip. But I called all 4 Foodland locations in Toronto and none of them have the Bothwell cheddar cheese. You can wait it out to see if one of them will eventually have all three in stock.
($0) Foodland - Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 PRIME Frozen Chicken Wings, Strips, Nuggets, Burger or Breast, 680 - 800 g. (ON SALE Nov 18-24) (Cost: $9.99 each)
($0) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
($0) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Sliced Deli Meat, 125 - 150 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
($67.80) Foodland - Get 20 Bonus Miles when you spend $60 or more.
** The top three items add up to $47.94 which is part of the $60, so you need to purchase $12.06 of misc items before tax. Note that cheese and deli meat is tax free.
($10) Metro - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you use 95 or more Cash Miles on a single purchase.* (Valid between Dec 1-4)
($16.95) Rexall - Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products. (Valid between Dec 2-8)
($2) Shell - Get 10 Bonus Miles on any Costa Coffee* at Shell!
Total Spend: $96.75
Total Air Miles: 1900 (7 different offer bonus) + 185 (bonus miles from each offer) = 2085 air miles = $219.47 (Gain $122.72 and a bunch of random food)

I decided not to wait for Foodland. The Foodland near Fairview also didn't have the deli meat, so I had to buy it separately, but still came out significantly on top.
($0) Foodland - Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 PRIME Frozen Chicken Wings, Strips, Nuggets, Burger or Breast, 680 - 800 g. (ON SALE Nov 18-24) (Cost: $9.99 each)
($67.80) Foodland - Get 20 Bonus Miles when you spend $60 or more.
($13.98) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Sliced Deli Meat, 125 - 150 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
** Had to purchase the deli meat outside of the $60 offer because the Foodland close to me only had chicken nuggets
($13.98) Sobeys -Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, selected, 170 g. (Bonus +15 Air Miles in-store) (Cost: $6.99 each)
($10) Metro - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you use 95 or more Cash Miles on a single purchase.* (Valid between Dec 1-4)
($16.95) Rexall - Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products. (Valid between Dec 2-8)
($2) Shell - Get 10 Bonus Miles on any Costa Coffee* at Shell!
Total Spend: $124.71
Total Air Miles: 1900 (7 different offer bonus) + 200 (bonus miles from each offer) = 2100 air miles = $221.05 (Gain $96.34 and a bunch of random food)
Jul 11, 2008
438 posts
94 upvotes
For online purchase offers (for example the Children's place offer for spend $50), since this a specific offer for Shop the block, do we still have to go through airmilesshops.ca to make the purchase count towards this offer or as long as you purchase over $50 online on Children's place and enter your air miles card number at checkout, that would count towards 1 of 7 offers?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2003
4760 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
If I only participating for the 3 offers for 285 airmiles, I can do the shell costa coffee, redeeem 95 cashmiles at metro, and the 20x airmileshop. that's pretty easy to get 285 airmiles
Feb 20, 2004
644 posts
195 upvotes
So tonight I just went to Shell, Kerr and 49th at GVR, the cashier was clueless there. Guess not that many people are doing this offer and I can't blame them as many have given up on AM due to their shenanigans and the lawsuit. I myself am not a big AM collector as I only do the very odd time shopping at Safeway. So I guess they really needed a good promo to reel people in.

Anyways, the Shell cashier didn't even know or wasn't willing to to key in the promo. I had gassed up 2x already during the day time and the promo code on those last 2 receipts said 'PROMO 940'. Luckily I double checked the receipt before I gassed up; I knew something was amiss as I didn't see this promo code on receipt. So watch out for that code on your receipt before gassing up! Not sure if it's the same exact Canada wide same code though. It is a condition that the coupon book code must be shown which I did. But can't help it if the cashier doesn't know what she's doing. I asked if she was the only one there and she said yeah. She said, oh, you have to gas up 100L when I told her I've done this 2x and you're suppose to enter the code. LOL, I didn't bother telling her most cars can't fill up a 100L at a time I told her it's cumulative. Anyways she was clueless as she wasn't trained on this obviously so I got the transaction cancelled.

Also during my last Costa coffee purchase the statement had said that I had gassed up a total of 35 L so far as an update.
Jul 11, 2008
438 posts
94 upvotes
boldandstraight wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 10:54 am
In Ontario airmiles booklet has different offers from ontario online offer. Like in booklet there are 2 children place offer but online there is only 1 offer.
The booklet I picked up here in Alberta also has Children's Place purchases as 1 of the qualifying offers. But no mention of it online on shoptheblock.ca

Knowing air miles and based on how confusing this promo is, I hope they don't find some loopholes to screw us over after jumping through all these hoops
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
1744 posts
479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Food land near Fairview mall does not have any cheese or deli meats. They should get on Monday. If anyone goes, please let me know how much is left. Just wasted 45 mins.
:D
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
1828 posts
511 upvotes
Zafran wrote:

Premium gas at she'll is an extra 20c/L where I am. That means an extra $20 in fuel if bought rather than regular/87. It won't hurt your car, and the lack of ethanol may give you an imperceptible mpg boost.

Shell coffee is under $2 from what I remember. It's actually decent, and is the only gas station coffee I ever buy, even without a promo.
Mar 11, 2016
67 posts
40 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Nov 26th, 2016 9:48 pm
Anyone came up with a good plan for QC?
Here:
For those in Quebec this will work out:
1. Airmilesshops: Ebay combined with $20 off $75 paying with Paypal
2. IGA 95 or 190 AM (Use them to buy item 4+filler)
3. IGA gift card of 50 or + (Buy a $50 IGA gift card to buy item 4)
4. IGA chocolate fondue ($8)
5. Jean Coutu 95 or 190 AM (you may pay for # 6 and #7 with AMs)
6. Jean Coutu 3X for $20 spent (best value at $30
7. Jean Coutu $10 on Personelle makeup (make it part of #6)
Mar 11, 2016
67 posts
40 upvotes
ben85deals wrote:
Nov 26th, 2016 10:02 am
Yeah it worked at Jean Coutu with no trouble, looks like only at IGA... gonna go to Rachelly Berry and hopefully it will work there, or Imma have to spend 10$ on La Personnelle girly stuff at Jean Coutu haha
I did that, in fact. Bought a couple of lipsticks on special ($5.99) for wife. A win win for me!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
7755 posts
747 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anything from Costa machine will do, don't drink coffee so I got a hot chocolate.