Expired Hot Deals

[Air Miles] Get 1,900 AIR MILES Cash Miles ($200) when you use 7 offers during the holiday season

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2017 5:45 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1525 posts
433 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 6:23 pm
I'm done with Air Miles. The flight selection has always been spotty, where you never got your first choice, but with enough notice, you could get flights that would work.

Couldn't get flights to/from Vancouver to Calgary in mid December attempting booking 2 months in advance. Both WestJet and Air Canada have half a dozen flights on both days. No Air Miles availability the day before or after my desired days, either.

Air Miles is useless now. Switch to something that will actually have travel value.
Not disagreeing with you, but if you are buying stuff in stores that give out Air Miles, you might as well take them, but take Air Miles Cash. You know exactly what you get.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5246 posts
1248 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Looking at the offers for New Brunswick I'm pretty much good to cover 7 offers. the biggest one is the 200$ sobeys gift card but we shop at sobeys every week so it's not going to be wasted

I see a total cost of about 275$ to get 200$ back in air miles cash. That is really not bad since all the offers are stuff we will be using anyway.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1375 posts
358 upvotes
BC
akaManny wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 6:30 pm
Not disagreeing with you, but if you are buying stuff in stores that give out Air Miles, you might as well take them, but take Air Miles Cash. You know exactly what you get.
Yea, I suppose "done with" is a bit much. What I really meant, is that I won't be going out of my way to earn extra miles as I have been the last dozen years. That will mean shopping at Superstore over Safeway, Amazon cashback credit card over Air Miles, westjet/aeroplan over Air Miles, etc. I have spent a lot of money at Safeway overpaying for groceries to get miles, often for things I didn't eat (I'm looking at you, yogurt).
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1059 posts
493 upvotes
Montreal
I live in Montreal, but gonna be in Toronto this weekend.
Not sure if I can use one or two ON offers during my stay so I can reach the "7 offers used"...
Sent them a message to ask, will see what they say

Only thing I can read in FAQ is that, but not really the same question IMO

Q: Can my offers be used by a family member or friend?
A: You can share your coupons with friends. However, the coupons vary across different regions, so coupons are only valid within your province.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
7257 posts
7629 upvotes
99SiR wrote:
Nov 17th, 2016 12:11 am
I see about a $300 spend to get $200 back not too bad or $150 to get $100 back
ben85deals wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 12:21 am
I live in Montreal, but gonna be in Toronto this weekend.
Not sure if I can use one or two ON offers during my stay so I can reach the "7 offers used"...
Sent them a message to ask, will see what they say

Only thing I can read in FAQ is that, but not really the same question IMO

Q: Can my offers be used by a family member or friend?
A: You can share your coupons with friends. However, the coupons vary across different regions, so coupons are only valid within your province.
If you use an ON coupon in ON, I think it will count. It doesn't say that you cannot use other provinces coupons. YMMV
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone
2x Zoomer $36 plan, 1x Zoomer family plan for 3 numbers $94.50($72+$22.5)
Feb 13, 2004
795 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal
embguy wrote:
If you use an ON coupon in ON, I think it will count. It doesn't say that you cannot use other provinces coupons. YMMV
That's how I interpreted it as well, heading to Ottawa from Montreal next weekend and I'll be hitting up a few of those stores.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1059 posts
493 upvotes
Montreal
chimaera15 wrote:
That's how I interpreted it as well, heading to Ottawa from Montreal next weekend and I'll be hitting up a few of those stores.
They confirmed me it works :)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1178 posts
221 upvotes
Ottawa
Doesn't seem to hard to get seven offers. I favourited all the offers that are possible for us and got 21. The hardest part will be getting out to a Foodland. I don't see needing to overspend much at all, most of it will be getting things we get anyway, just brand names and not on sale.

These seems almost to good to be true, unless this cheese is like $10+:
Sobeys Urban Fresh: Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, selected, 170 g.

Sobeys: Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, selected, 170 g.

Foodland: Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g.
I am tempted to e-mail to make sure these each count as separate offers.

I would suggest anyone going for this to keep good track of all offers and dates. Save your receipts! Payout isn't until February, and lots can go wrong in the meantime.
Aug 28, 2004
51 posts
7 upvotes
The Bothwell cheese at sobeys is $6.99 each, but there currently is an instore offer of 15 AM with purchase of 2. So you get even more miles with this offer.
mabba18 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 3:42 pm
Doesn't seem to hard to get seven offers. I favourited all the offers that are possible for us and got 21. The hardest part will be getting out to a Foodland. I don't see needing to overspend much at all, most of it will be getting things we get anyway, just brand names and not on sale.

These seems almost to good to be true, unless this cheese is like $10+:

I am tempted to e-mail to make sure these each count as separate offers.

I would suggest anyone going for this to keep good track of all offers and dates. Save your receipts! Payout isn't until February, and lots can go wrong in the meantime.
Nov 28, 2007
116 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
This is actually an amazing offer. In short, I am on-track for spending $124.71 to get back $221.05 + random food.

For those worried about the offer not working, the offer and bonus miles appear on the screen and receipt at checkout. If it does not work, simply cancel the transaction/checkout. Most of the offers I listed below are valid throughout the Shop The Block period (Nov 16 - Dec 14), any exceptions are listed. I opted out of the magazine offers because it is too much of a hassle to subscribe and cancel. If you have a BMO Air Miles credit card, then you can use it to replace any one of the offers (I suggest Rexall).

It is also worth noting that you receive the Shop The Block Air Miles (1900) in February 2017. This means you automatically get Air Miles Gold Status in 2017, it gives you more redemption options. Most people would consider this benefit to be useless.

Ideally, you can get at 4 offers from Foodland all in one shopping trip. But I called all 4 Foodland locations in Toronto and none of them have the Bothwell cheddar cheese. You can wait it out to see if one of them will eventually have all three in stock.
($0) Foodland - Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 PRIME Frozen Chicken Wings, Strips, Nuggets, Burger or Breast, 680 - 800 g. (ON SALE Nov 18-24) (Cost: $9.99 each)
($0) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
($0) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Sliced Deli Meat, 125 - 150 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
($67.80) Foodland - Get 20 Bonus Miles when you spend $60 or more.
** The top three items add up to $47.94 which is part of the $60, so you need to purchase $12.06 of misc items before tax. Note that cheese and deli meat is tax free.
($10) Metro - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you use 95 or more Cash Miles on a single purchase.* (Valid between Dec 1-4)
($16.95) Rexall - Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products. (Valid between Dec 2-8)
($2) Shell - Get 10 Bonus Miles on any Costa Coffee* at Shell!
Total Spend: $96.75
Total Air Miles: 1900 (7 different offer bonus) + 185 (bonus miles from each offer) = 2085 air miles = $219.47 (Gain $122.72 and a bunch of random food)

I decided not to wait for Foodland. The Foodland near Fairview also didn't have the deli meat, so I had to buy it separately, but still came out significantly on top.
($0) Foodland - Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 PRIME Frozen Chicken Wings, Strips, Nuggets, Burger or Breast, 680 - 800 g. (ON SALE Nov 18-24) (Cost: $9.99 each)
($13.98) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Sliced Deli Meat, 125 - 150 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
** Had to purchase the deli meat outside of the $60 offer because the Foodland close to me only had chicken nuggets
($13.98) Sobeys -Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, selected, 170 g. (Bonus +15 Air Miles in-store) (Cost: $6.99 each)
($10) Metro - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you use 95 or more Cash Miles on a single purchase.* (Valid between Dec 1-4)
($16.95) Rexall - Get 30 Bonus Miles when you spend $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products. (Valid between Dec 2-8)
Total Spend: $124.71
Total Air Miles: 1900 (7 different offer bonus) + 200 (bonus miles from each offer) = 2100 air miles = $221.05 (Gain $96.34 and a bunch of random food)
Last edited by doraemon on Nov 18th, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 26, 2011
157 posts
168 upvotes
doraemon wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:23 pm
This is actually an amazing offer. In short, I am on-track for spending $124.71 to get back $221.05 + random food.

For those worried about the offer not working, the offer and bonus miles appear on the screen and receipt at checkout. If it does not work, simply cancel the transaction/checkout. Most of the offers I listed below are valid throughout the Shop The Block period (Nov 16 - Dec 14), any exceptions are listed. I opted out of the magazine offers because it is too much of a hassle to subscribe and cancel. If you have a BMO Air Miles credit card, then you can use it to replace any one of the offers (I suggest Rexall).

It is also worth noting that you receive the Shop The Block Air Miles (1900) in February 2017. This means you automatically get Air Miles Gold Status in 2017, it gives you more redemption options. Most people would consider this benefit to be useless.

Ideally, you can get at 4 offers from Foodland all in one shopping trip. But I called all 4 Foodland locations in Toronto and none of them have the Bothwell cheddar cheese. You can wait it out to see if one of them will eventually have all three in stock.
($0) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, Selected, 170 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
($0) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Sliced Deli Meat, 125 - 150 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
** The top three items add up to $47.94 which is part of the $60, so you need to purchase $12.06 of misc items before tax. Note that cheese and deli meat is tax free.
Total Spend: $96.75
Total Air Miles: 1900 (7 different offer bonus) + 185 (bonus miles from each offer) = 2085 air miles = $219.47 (Gain $122.72 and a bunch of random food)

I decided not to wait for Foodland. The Foodland close to me also didn't have the deli meat, so I had to buy it separately, but still came out significantly on top.
($13.98) Foodland - Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Maple Leaf Canadian Craft Sliced Deli Meat, 125 - 150 g. (Cost $6.99 each)
** Had to purchase the deli meat outside of the $60 offer because the Foodland close to me only had chicken nuggets
($13.98) Sobeys -Get 25 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 Bothwell Cheddar Cheeses, selected, 170 g. (Bonus +15 Air Miles in-store) (Cost: $6.99 each)
Total Spend: $124.71
Total Air Miles: 1900 (7 different offer bonus) + 200 (bonus miles from each offer) = 2100 air miles = $221.05 (Gain $96.34 and a bunch of random food)
May I ask which foodland you found the Deli meat in? I went to the one near Fairview Mall but only found the prime chicken stuff, plus the cashier was an idiot and refused to scan my coupons and insisted that they only take "mailed coupons" :facepalm:
Nov 28, 2007
116 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Melkorbane wrote:
Nov 19th, 2016 12:48 pm
May I ask which foodland you found the Deli meat in? I went to the one near Fairview Mall but only found the prime chicken stuff, plus the cashier was an idiot and refused to scan my coupons and insisted that they only take "mailed coupons" :facepalm:
Pape Market Foodland (Pape/Danforth) has deli meat, you can choose between:
Ham - $6.99
Capicollo - $6.99
Prosciutto - $7.49
They do not have the Prime chicken meats.

We used coupons at the Fairview Foodland just fine, the cashier accepted both manufacturer and printed coupons. She was rummaging through a binder of printed coupons for reference (not sure if they were a list of banned or accepted coupons). It looks like she didn't know much about the store policy on coupons, so YMMV.

Remember the $60 minimum spend is pre-tax. I also didn't know if coupons counted towards the minimum, so I went the safe route and got $60 spend after coupon discount.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
7763 posts
748 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is the 7 offers from 7 partners? Some has multiple offers
Nov 28, 2007
116 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
wlee wrote:
Nov 19th, 2016 1:37 pm
Is the 7 offers from 7 partners? Some has multiple offers
They make it very clear that it is 7 different offers, regardless of partners. You can use my previous post as an example on how you can capitalize on multiple offers from the same partner.
Between November 16 and December 14, 2016 (“Event Period”), if you make purchases using: (i) 3 different AIR MILES® Shop the Block Bonus Offers (“Bonus Offers”) and complete the requirements to qualify for each individual Bonus Offer, you can get 285 Bonus Cash Miles; or (ii) 5 different Bonus Offers and complete the requirements to qualify for each individual Bonus Offer, you can get 950 Bonus Cash Miles; or (iii) 7 or more different Bonus Offers and complete the requirements to qualify for each individual Bonus Offer, you can get 1,900 Bonus Cash Miles.
Feb 13, 2004
795 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal
doraemon wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:23 pm
For those worried about the offer not working, the offer and bonus miles appear on the screen and receipt at checkout. If it does not work, simply cancel the transaction/checkout.
How does it appear on your receipt? I went to IGA and I don't see any mention of the offer on my receipt, but I do see "Coupon 109" in the list of transactions - safe to assume it will be counted towards the 7 offers?