Expired Hot Deals

Air Miles

XBL, PS Plus, Nintendo Switch Online (Air miles redeem)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
Oct 15, 2014
428 posts
837 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

[Air Miles] XBL, PS Plus, Nintendo Switch Online (Air miles redeem)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Air Miles
More offers from Air Miles
Xbox Live 12 months (841 Airmiles) -
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise ... oad/114290

Playstation Plus 12 months (841 Airmiles) -
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise ... oad/114288

Nintendo Switch Online 12 months (541 Airmiles) -
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise ... ode/114289

Not a hot deal but decent if you have extra miles just sitting around.
35 replies
Feb 23, 2017
308 posts
255 upvotes
It's not terrible. It's a family membership which goes for $44 at Costco. And it's about 50ish dollars worth of air miles with gold status.
Nov 5, 2005
854 posts
26 upvotes
841 miles is around 80-90$.
The cash miles is 95= 10$, Dreamt miles have a slightly different value but it's not a major difference.

It's not a deal at all, but if you have extra dream miles it's not a bad way to increase your psn subscription.

Thanks OP, I've switched to 100% cash now to redeem lcbo cash discount, but had around 900 dream miles left over with nothing to get, this will do nicely.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11564 posts
9197 upvotes
Toronto
Glad I switched to cash miles a while back, very rare to get proper 10 / $1 value with dream miles like in the old days. Might be a good time to dump and switch since this is close.

PSN has been around $40 in recent months so the furthest thing from a deal there.
Oct 3, 2015
874 posts
1866 upvotes
Toronto
Xbox Live 12 month has been removed from the Xbox Store so big changes for Xbox Live Gold are likely in store. Microsoft will probably announce something at their event this week.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4852 upvotes
Montreal
The Nintendo Online deal is "okay" but the other two are a scam at current prices.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1370 posts
1190 upvotes
Ctwizzy wrote: 841 miles is around 80-90$.
The cash miles is 95= 10$, Dreamt miles have a slightly different value but it's not a major difference.

It's not a deal at all, but if you have extra dream miles it's not a bad way to increase your psn subscription.

Thanks OP, I've switched to 100% cash now to redeem lcbo cash discount, but had around 900 dream miles left over with nothing to get, this will do nicely.
I'm with you, if you do the math with dream miles, you're unlikely to ever come out ahead of cash miles. It's possible, but why put in all that effort and then also get something that might not necessarily be what you'd buy anyway.
Mar 7, 2011
90 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg
The deal becomes much better if you are an Onyx member and save 20% off the airmiles used.
Oct 12, 2011
708 posts
483 upvotes
CARP
If they convert all your remaining gold to Gamepass because Gold is going free, it might be good to have these to activate after the changeover.

Would depend on the future price of Gamepass, but I can't seeing it being cheaper than this deal.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4852 upvotes
Montreal
I'm betting Microsoft is going to extend existing Live subs with GamePass, so it wouldn't hurt to buy another year.

No way they would just cancel the service and leave subscribers high & dry, as there would be a class action suit in seconds - they also want to really hammer Sony this gen, so again, XBL --> GamePass is the logical solution.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4111 posts
804 upvotes
Thanks! Snagged a Nintendo family membership.
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4852 upvotes
Montreal
ImpKnight wrote: Would depend on the future price of Gamepass, but I can't seeing it being cheaper than this deal.
As Microsoft has kept the 1-month and 3-month Live subscriptions for sale, I think that's close to what the per-month cost would be on an annual GamePass subscription. That way, Microsoft isn't losing any money when the Live subs transfer to GamePass, while they would on the cheaper per-month annual sub option.

So at between $10 and $11.99 CAD a month for Live Gold right now (GamePass is currently $11.99 CAD a month), that would equate into a new GamePass annual subscription costs of between $120 and $143 CAD.

Personally, I have a feeling a 12-month GP is going to be $99.99 USD, or $129.99 CAD.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1865 posts
1353 upvotes
I don't know if XBOX and PlayStation offer similar plans, but you can share a Nintendo Online family plan for roughly 5 $ a year. 541 airmiles = $56.
Oct 12, 2011
708 posts
483 upvotes
CARP
JackWhyte wrote: As Microsoft has kept the 1-month and 3-month Live subscriptions for sale, I think that's close to what the per-month cost would be on an annual GamePass subscription. That way, Microsoft isn't losing any money when the Live subs transfer to GamePass, while they would on the cheaper per-month annual sub option.
The one and 3 month have to be available because people need to be able to buy Gold to play online right now. 12 months would be quite a bit past the expected elimination of Gold(between Thursday and the launch of Series X).
Feb 24, 2019
21 posts
24 upvotes
Ontario
ImpKnight wrote: If they convert all your remaining gold to Gamepass because Gold is going free, it might be good to have these to activate after the changeover.

Would depend on the future price of Gamepass, but I can't seeing it being cheaper than this deal.
I can't see that Gold going for free. As currently if you want to combine Gold with Gamepass it becomes Ultimate at $16.99 per month. Through Microsoft website a yearly Ultimate subscription receives a minuscule discount, it's $199.99 I believe.
If they get rid of anything it will be the Gamepass only subscriptions. The removal of 12 month Gold is a push to either pay more for 1 or 3 month levels or consider upgrading to Ultimate.
Hope I am wrong though.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1025 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
sajan647 wrote: Xbox Live 12 months (841 Airmiles) -
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise ... oad/114290

Playstation Plus 12 months (841 Airmiles) -
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise ... oad/114288

Nintendo Switch Online 12 months (541 Airmiles) -
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise ... ode/114289

Not a hot deal but decent if you have extra miles just sitting around.
Thanks OP. I did have miles just sitting around. 850 to be exact so I'm happy to extend my PSN until 2022.
Oct 12, 2011
708 posts
483 upvotes
CARP
LeafNWO wrote: As currently if you want to combine Gold with Gamepass it becomes Ultimate at $16.99 per month.
No, they've had a Gold to Gamepass Ultimate upgrade deal for more than a year now. The cost to upgrade all your remaining Gold is $1 or $16.99 if you've used the $1 trial already.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2157 posts
1734 upvotes
Really overpriced imo like all merchandise with Air Miles.

If you are an Onyx status member don't forget you can use the concierge to redeem Dream Miles at 95 miles per $10 on any Canada online purchase.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1421 posts
503 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: The Nintendo Online deal is "okay" but the other two are a scam at current prices.
How come okay. Can you show me a equal or better deal for Nintendo