Air North 20% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
August 20, 2019
Retailer:
Air North
20% of the fare part of all Air North flights until Dec 11 - even if you book today to fly today!

This is a real sale. Air North does not raise their fares first and then offer a "discount". Also it's valid for immediate bookings, where most other airline's sales are not valid for the first two weeks or so from booking.

Book by the end of Tuesday (PST).

Air North fares include two pieces of checked luggage, reasonable change fees, and a yummy free on-board snack (except short flights like Kelowna-Vancouver or Victoria-Kelowna).
10 replies
Jul 5, 2013
805 posts
1159 upvotes
Saint John
They should name as Air Northwest IMO. They only fly north & west cities , except Ottawa Crying Face
Jan 9, 2007
747 posts
198 upvotes
Markham
sokolov wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 3:35 am
20% of the fare part of all Air North flights until Dec 11 - even if you book today to fly today!

This is a real sale. Air North does not raise their fares first and then offer a "discount". Also it's valid for immediate bookings, where most other airline's sales are not valid for the first two weeks or so from booking.

Book by the end of Tuesday (PST).

Air North fares include two pieces of checked luggage, reasonable change fees, and a yummy free on-board snack (except short flights like Kelowna-Vancouver or Victoria-Kelowna).
I never heard of this airline
But I’m even more surprised there’s no departing from YYZ
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2001
2710 posts
20 upvotes
GodBlessU wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 5:20 am
Its a Yukon based airline that caters mainly to northern travel, tourism and government. I've used them a few times out of Ottawa to Yellowknife, great service, hot meals and fairly modern 737 equipment. No point in going to Toronto, too expensive and not their specialty. Just like the big airlines keep their bigger jets out of Yellowknife and Whitehorse, no loads and too expensive. The Chinese and Japanese tourism industry in the north has developed substantially over the last decade.
Gigabyte MA990FXA-UD3/FX 8350/MSI R9 270X/16GB Corsair Vengeance/Win 10
Gigabyte 890GM-D2H/FX 8120/16GB Gskill/XFX 5770/Win 10
Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3787 posts
1973 upvotes
GodBlessU wrote:
Probably because Toronto is really not the center of the world? Why would everything comes and go to Toronto..l
Jun 10, 2007
243 posts
84 upvotes
Whitehorse
Great service... flexibility... Air Passes which let you fly on two hour notice... real food... a warm chocolate chip cookie... free checked bags... modern equipment... real people that actually care about the airline when you call...
Jan 9, 2007
747 posts
198 upvotes
Markham
DoorCrasher wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 8:12 am
Probably because Toronto is really not the center of the world? Why would everything comes and go to Toronto..l
Sorry if I offended you, just saying I’m surprised
No need to get fuzzy Face With Tears Of Joy
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1951 posts
447 upvotes
Whitehorse
GodBlessU wrote:
You are welcome.

Air North has been in business for 42 and a half years. About 20 years ago, the Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation invested in Air North, enabling the purchase of several Boeing 737 aircraft. That First Nation now owns 49% of the airline.

I think Air North is also the provider for the BC Lions, flying them to their CFL matches and back.
Mar 16, 2015
77 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I always fly Air North when I visit up north, although it has been a few years now. Unless you are flying from Vancouver there is really no other direct route to Whitehorse. Like other's said you get those old creature comforts before the airlines started cheaping out, like a decent hot sandwich and dessert.

I don't think they have any on flight entertainment though, but that isn't a big deal for me anymore.

This is a good deal, usually Edmonton to Yukon is $500-$600, looks like I can get a ticket for about $400.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1951 posts
447 upvotes
Whitehorse
demon1102 wrote:
They should name as Air Northwest IMO. They only fly north & west cities , except Ottawa Crying Face
The trademark "Northwest" for transportation services is owned by Delta since ~2008.
Jan 16, 2017
21 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
We flew with Air North for the first time this summer and they were fantastic. I wish they flew to more places, I would pick them every time.