Expired Hot Deals

Air Transat

7 night All Inclusive Toronto to Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic (4 Star Cofresi Palm Beach Resort) - $719 (Nov/Dec)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2022 1:49 pm
[OP]
Jun 15, 2021
61 posts
239 upvotes

7 night All Inclusive Toronto to Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic (4 Star Cofresi Palm Beach Resort) - $719 (Nov/Dec)

Retailer:
Air Transat
For those interested in heading to the Dominican Republic from Toronto in November or December, Cofresi Palm has a great deal for $719 for the following dates:

Dec 5 to 12 - $719
Nov 28 to Dec 5 - $719
Nov 21 to Nov 28 - $719

What I find with this resort is that the longer you stay, the better the overall deal.

If you stay for 2 weeks (stay must be between Nov 7 and Dec 12, leaving on a Monday), the all-in cost is $989.

If you stay for 3 weeks (stay must be between Nov 7 and Dec 12, leaving on a Monday), the all-in cost is $1259.

If you stay for 4 weeks (stay must be between Nov 7 and Dec 12, leaving on a Monday), the all-in cost is $1529.

You can find these deals on any third party vacation site like Trip Central, SelloffVacations or Red Tag as examples.
94 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1770 posts
7150 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
5 star or nothing in the Caribbean. I stayed at a 4 star once and there is no comparison.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4319 posts
3017 upvotes
GTA
Spawk1028 wrote: 5 star or nothing in the Caribbean. I stayed at a 4 star once and there is no comparison.
Disagree at this price point. 4 star is perfectly fine, especially for the DR.

5 star only for Cuba I’ll agree with.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2021
61 posts
239 upvotes
chrisli779 wrote: any Mexico deals??
Nov 30 to Dec 7, Toronto to Riviera Nayarit Mexico, 4 star (Royal Decameron Complex) for $989
Nov 30 to Dec 7, Toronto to Puerto Vallarta Mexico, 4 star (Krystal Puerto Vallarta) for $999

Personally, I think the DR trip is better value, but thought I'd share
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2916 posts
1304 upvotes
4 star in the Dominican is a notch above living in a hostel.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3231 posts
2194 upvotes
Montreal
ADRiiAN` wrote: Disagree at this price point. 4 star is perfectly fine, especially for the DR.

5 star only for Cuba I’ll agree with.
I've been in a 4 star in playa del carmen that was WAY better than a 5 star in punta cana. These star ratings are always unreliable. I personally go off the tripadvisor score
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4939 posts
6144 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote: 5 star or nothing in the Caribbean. I stayed at a 4 star once and there is no comparison.
My first DR experience was a 5 star. It will be hard to book anything less...
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1690 posts
429 upvotes
Given the increase in airfares, the price of these hotels are only $100/200 more than the flight itself.

Yes the 4 star hotels are hit or miss, but there’s a large price increase to go to a hotel where you’re absolutely guaranteed everything to be perfect.
Jan 20, 2017
141 posts
153 upvotes
I've stayed at the Cofresi a couple times now and thats the typical price you can expect to find there through many times of the year. You get a decent bang for your buck. Plenty of a la carte restaurants. It's a mixed bag of quality for the food. Some nights are great, others not so much. Lots of stairs (so be aware if you have mobility issues) but you can find cart paths that lead to most places you want to go. This is a HUGE resort complex so take advantage of their shuttles. Rooms are dated but not horrible. Ask for a room near the front desk if you can as the rooms are a little bigger. Beach front is meh and you have to show up pretty early to get the few loungers they have but the water and beach is maintained well. You can upgrade your stay to get access to the VIP beach areas that have a lot more availability for loungers (and a couple additional restaurants). Plenty of pools to find (some quiet, some not so much) if the beach isn't your thing. Occassionally they have higher end (imported) alcohol and beer at some of the bars but it tends to run out quickly. Tip the bartender well and they'll remember to put some aside for you when they get more. Friendly staff in general but beware they do a towel count when you leave and will charge you for anything that's missing and that's not cheap (they wanted $25 US for a missing face cloth). Last time we were there they were just opening after being shut due to COVID so some things like the disco and a couple restaurants weren't open yet and the service wasn't as good due to short staff. Having said all that, I'd go again for a cheap week away. This won't be a gourmet or deluxe experience but you won't go hungry and there's plenty of amenities. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions.
AKA Bum_Gravey. Not sure why I can't log in to that account anymore...
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3614 posts
3624 upvotes
I stayed at a "5 star" Riu in punta cana way back (2008) and it was terrible .....leaks in ceiling, ants all over ....room was smoky (cigarette smell), had to switch room 3 times
Jan 1, 2021
238 posts
876 upvotes
I stayed at a 4 star Riu in Playa del Carmen back in 2015, its pretty good compared to my 5 star Dominican resort in 2017
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1322 posts
2315 upvotes
Calgary
4 weeks at an all inclusive for $1500 is incredible. Goddamn I wish I could justify it Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2019
1005 posts
2761 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: 4 weeks at an all inclusive for $1500 is incredible. Goddamn I wish I could justify it Face With Tears Of Joy
Tempting to disappear for the winter and “work from home”.
Jan 22, 2020
78 posts
77 upvotes
I went here about 7 years ago as my first resort. Its two resorts in one and you could go to both sides for buffet and restaurants. The restaurants were amazing but the beach sucked.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1322 posts
2315 upvotes
Calgary
quantman wrote: Tempting to disappear for the winter and “work from home”.
Trying to figure out how much extra it is as a solo traveler. Not sure how to change the options to 1 person or 28 days on the Transat site.
Jun 3, 2007
869 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Some pretty brutal recent reviews. The few good reviews are dedicated to a single staff member by reviewers with only 1 contribution which sometimes means that staff members coerced them to write a positive review.

Also, the ratio of great reviews to terrible reviews is about 4 to 1. I usually like to see about 10 to 1 to give an idea, because sometimes rating can be subjective. I also noticed that returning guests were disappointed that it has gone downhill which is another bad sign.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2021
61 posts
239 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: Trying to figure out how much extra it is as a solo traveler. Not sure how to change the options to 1 person or 28 days on the Transat site.
If you are a solo traveller, Sunscape Puerta Plata Dominican Republic (also 4 star) is the cheapest at $869 for 7 days, works out to $2,099 for 28 days. Cofresi is more expensive as a solo traveller.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2961 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
is their internet good enough for video calls for work?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)