Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Transat

7 night All Inclusive Toronto to Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic (4 Star Cofresi Palm Beach Resort) - $719 (Nov/Dec)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2022 1:49 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13282 posts
4616 upvotes
How are the seaweed at the beach at this resort ?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Jul 16, 2019
331 posts
689 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: Trying to figure out how much extra it is as a solo traveler. Not sure how to change the options to 1 person or 28 days on the Transat site.
Seriously it’s cheaper than rent in Toronto and if you work from home……. Throw in food and booze I may have to look into this for a single person as well Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 15, 2015
222 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chonksplonket wrote: Seriously it’s cheaper than rent in Toronto and if you work from home……. Throw in food and booze I may have to look into this for a single person as well Face With Tears Of Joy
Do they have annual packages? You’d save on having to buy groceries and paying for rent. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2430 posts
1212 upvotes
burlington, on
markhamdeals wrote: For those interested in heading to the Dominican Republic from Toronto in November or December, Cofresi Palm has a great deal for $719 for the following dates:

Dec 5 to 12 - $719
Nov 28 to Dec 5 - $719
Nov 21 to Nov 28 - $719

What I find with this resort is that the longer you stay, the better the overall deal.

If you stay for 2 weeks (stay must be between Nov 7 and Dec 12, leaving on a Monday), the all-in cost is $989.

If you stay for 3 weeks (stay must be between Nov 7 and Dec 12, leaving on a Monday), the all-in cost is $1259.

If you stay for 4 weeks (stay must be between Nov 7 and Dec 12, leaving on a Monday), the all-in cost is $1529.

You can find these deals on any third party vacation site like Trip Central, SelloffVacations or Red Tag as examples.
Wow that is crazy. One month only 1500 dollars? Here in canada you can’t even buy grocery and pay bills for that money!
Nov 1, 2017
280 posts
283 upvotes
I stayed at this resort about 4 years ago.
If you are looking for a beach, this is not the place to go to. I would never go back for that reason.
If you like to lounge around the pools, then this is a pretty good place. It is a big resort and you can do a lot of walking which makes the resort a bit less boring. You have access to the Lifestyles Resort also which makes this resort so huge.
The food was good and I really enjoyed the À la Carte Brazilian. It is the same as going out to a Brazilian steakhouse without having to pay the high prices.
I went in during the month of January and the people at the resort who were on an all-inclusive seemed to be 75% from Ontario (Hamilton, London, GTA) which made getting along with others great and a lot of fun in the evenings.
Jan 11, 2009
336 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
Instead of looking at Star rating, check out number of positive reviews on Trip Advisor. Also read the most recent reviews that way you will know If the resort is good or not. Resort Star rating is assigned by the Resort. There is no governing body to rate a resort.
Jan 11, 2009
336 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
cayolargo wrote: Wow that is crazy. One month only 1500 dollars? Here in canada you can’t even buy grocery and pay bills for that money!
If this price was guaranteed every month, you could live at the resort for cheaper in a tropical country than living in Canada.
May 18, 2018
751 posts
777 upvotes
For $700 a week in 2022 you cannot be picky with this deal. Just the fact that you are getting summer weather in nov/dec, room and food for this price should be good enough.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2430 posts
1212 upvotes
burlington, on
BubbaSPX wrote: If this price was guaranteed every month, you could live at the resort for cheaper in a tropical country than living in Canada.
Problem would be getting a visa to live there. I'm sure if you talk with the manager or whoever is responsible at the resort and ask him if they would give a monthly pass all inclusive for 1000 dollars at month all year long he would accept without wait a sec
Sep 7, 2022
105 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
I have to agree with what others have mentioned. 1500/month for shelter and food. Depending on your salary, staying here could save you money compared to Toronto. Especially if you WFH. That’s pretty nuts when you think about it from a strictly practical sense.
Dealroller

"Everything is good till it's not"
"Famous last words, it was working when I left"
"You can't fix stupid"
Oct 24, 2013
51 posts
36 upvotes
Some people have a hate on for that resort based on some reviews.
Mar 7, 2011
685 posts
1013 upvotes
Dealroller wrote: I have to agree with what others have mentioned. 1500/month for shelter and food. Depending on your salary, staying here could save you money compared to Toronto. Especially if you WFH. That’s pretty nuts when you think about it from a strictly practical sense.
Best to check with HR first. Most companies stopped allowing working outside of country for more than few weeks due to tax implications.
Sep 7, 2022
105 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
yashgandhi wrote: Best to check with HR first. Most companies stopped allowing working outside of country for more than few weeks due to tax implications.
Agreed. Remember the days when none of this happened without a travel agent? They would hold all the keys to the deals behind that DOS screen. Amazing how things have changed.
Dealroller

"Everything is good till it's not"
"Famous last words, it was working when I left"
"You can't fix stupid"
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
I am one if the downvoters. To keep this thread constructive, here's why. Buyers beware! Been there few years ago. Beach is not private and not that nice. Sand is not what we can usually see in the Carribean. Lot of locals on the beach, especially on the weekend days. Drunk locals who looks for fight, noisy locals, harrassing sellers. I have absolutely nothing against locals when I travel. But this is actually the worst place I ever been in the Carribean. Drinks are great, beer (Presidente) is good, but food is not more than "ok". Rooms are clean and well maintained.
Dec 31, 2006
124 posts
94 upvotes
Westmount
Mikliloo wrote: Do they have annual packages? You’d save on having to buy groceries and paying for rent. Face With Tears Of Joy
Jokes aside, I would go crazy staying at a resort for more than a week I think.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23744 posts
8529 upvotes
cayolargo wrote: Wow that is crazy. One month only 1500 dollars? Here in canada you can’t even buy grocery and pay bills for that money!
I can, but I don't live in Toronto. Looking for a warmer clime for a couple weeks but will probably settle on Florida as I have relatives there (at least for the winter months). Thanks for the tips on going to the DR though...
Nov 23, 2021
80 posts
105 upvotes
Been here.

It's OK

Make sure you pay the small fee for Upgraded rooms/ VIP.

(With transat)
The first room they put us in was horrible. The second, better, but leaking fridge/ac.

Then we paid the upgrade and they put us in a much nicer building. With a VIP beach / sushi bar.

Was decent after that.
Nov 23, 2021
80 posts
105 upvotes
sexyj wrote: How are the seaweed at the beach at this resort ?
I went in 2018.

There was seaweed. The beach isn't nice in particular.
Water is not very clear.

We stayed more in the pools and hung out in the lounge beds at the VIP beach