Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Air Transat

7 night All Inclusive Toronto to Puerta Plata, Dominican Republic (4 Star Cofresi Palm Beach Resort) - $719 (Nov/Dec)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2022 1:49 pm
Dec 11, 2021
63 posts
51 upvotes
Looks good on photo. I never been in a resort. Not much of a resort guy. But isn't 2 weeks a bit too much? I think 2-3 days is plenty enough, at worse 5 days.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5151 posts
3427 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
SoralARaison wrote: Looks good on photo. I never been in a resort. Not much of a resort guy. But isn't 2 weeks a bit too much? I think 2-3 days is plenty enough, at worse 5 days.
2 week is a bit two much

9-10 days is what i found to be perfect. Enough time to relax and experiment things, but short enough to not get bored.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11079 posts
5981 upvotes
Toronto
Double_J wrote: We picked the standard room and when we arrived they upgraded everyone to a junior sweet. I wonder if they do that to make you feel better lol. Our group has two rooms and both are good with working AC. Wifi is ok for the limited amount we use it. Power to the resort has gone out several times this knocking out the internet. Each time the power went out it lasted a minute or so. The internet works ok in our rooms, and by the pools. It doesn't not work in one of the buffet restaurants. I would feel uncomfortable trying to use this for work video meeting mind you. Pay for the wifi? Only if you can't unplug and need to hold a device. The one hour is enough for most of us. It appears they track your mac address so sharing the password would not help. On my android phone I can change from random to phone mac and get an extra free hour per day if I wanted. My daughter has an iPhone, I haven't tried her settings but she hasnt needed or asked for more time.

Oh and the beach looks like the previous photo. The waves are much bigger and the current brings seeweed and trash. I've noticed the workers picking it up from time to time but it is a losing battle. The beach at Punta Cana was better when we were there.
junior suite for everyone? Face Screaming In Fear super lucky!!

Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5734 posts
4382 upvotes
wish i could see what the buffet looks like at the resort
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11079 posts
5981 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: wish i could see what the buffet looks like at the resort
this was 3 years ago but not much has changed

four years ago

Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5734 posts
4382 upvotes
lots of greens. Soggy pizza, very little beef. Pork is available though
Oct 28, 2018
23 posts
7 upvotes
Is getting sick with food common in DR compared to Cuba. My last trip to Cuba was 5 years ago.... never again. Only my son was fine coz he only ate cheese pizza and fries French Fries
Dec 11, 2021
63 posts
51 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: this was 3 years ago but not much has changed

four years ago
Thank you. Seeing how you are fed, I now know resorts aren't for me. It really feels like buffet for animal farm.
Have fun guys!
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11079 posts
5981 upvotes
Toronto
SoralARaison wrote: Thank you. Seeing how you are fed, I now know resorts aren't for me. It really feels like buffet for animal farm.
Have fun guys!
they have a la carte restaurants too.: some are better than others but the issue is, got to line up first thing in the morning to speak to a customer service representative to book a table.
Last edited by Pochacco on Oct 28th, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5734 posts
4382 upvotes
NancyN10047 wrote: Is getting sick with food common in DR compared to Cuba. My last trip to Cuba was 5 years ago.... never again. Only my son was fine coz he only ate cheese pizza and fries French Fries
Must be the only time your son got praised for his meal choices lol
Jun 3, 2007
877 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
SoralARaison wrote: Thank you. Seeing how you are fed, I now know resorts aren't for me. It really feels like buffet for animal farm.
Have fun guys!
There are different types of resorts, there are many that have a la carte restaurants which are themed with different countries for example Italian, Mexican, Spanish et cetera. You are not just restricted to buffet at all resorts.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5734 posts
4382 upvotes
denhammer wrote: There are different types of resorts, there are many that have a la carte restaurants which are themed with different countries for example Italian, Mexican, Spanish et cetera. You are not just restricted to buffet at all resorts.
a la carte costs extra?
Jun 3, 2007
877 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: a la carte costs extra?
None of the resorts that I visited charged extra for a la carte , however I have heard of some locations charging extra for lobster dinners.

It is always best to go through the details on each hotel individually to confirm the inclusions.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5734 posts
4382 upvotes
so you could go to a la carte AND buffet after no extra cost? They dont even check?
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11079 posts
5981 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: so you could go to a la carte AND buffet after no extra cost? They dont even check?
everyone is allowed a set nbr of a la carte dinners (depending on booked package). all a la carte dinner require reservations in advance (no walk in) and reservations can only be made in person at the customer support service desk in the morning between the hours of 9am to 11am. Reservations can only be made up to three days in advance. some a la carte restaurants are great while others are nothing special .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)