Shopping Discussion

Air Transat / Iceland Air tickets refund. Any news?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2020 12:01 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1147 posts
389 upvotes
Kitchener

Air Transat / Iceland Air tickets refund. Any news?

Hi!
I have money stuck with Air Transat and Iceland Air for tickets to Europe from last summer for the whole family. From what I read originally in Canada we don't have law to force airlines to actually refund so I get "a credit" on my name for future use in 2 years.

l'm really pessimistic about this 2 years... Also I read about some new regulations to force airlines to refund for these tickets but couldn't find any proof.

Does someone have any luck getting money back from them?

Thanks!

Stay safe!
Last edited by StandWithUkraine on Nov 5th, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Join the line ...

You’ll find several other RFDers over in the TRAVEL FORUM *
Who are looking for refunds / action from various airlines since Covid struck in March

travel-f39/

* Prob where the RFD Mods will end up moving this thread to anyhow
Although if I were you, I would just erase and look for the appropriate thread(s) to add on to
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1147 posts
389 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks!!!!

Didn't know about Travel section :(, sorry. Will head over.

PS. Tried to delete - the system didn't let me.
PointsHubby wrote: Join the line ...

You’ll find several other RFDers over in the TRAVEL FORUM
Who are looking for refunds / action from various airlines since Covid struck in March

travel-f39/
Слава Україні!
Jun 10, 2016
525 posts
407 upvotes
Burlington, ON
did you charge your trip to a credit card? have you tried a chargeback? we were in the same situation with Sunwing and PC Mastercard and won our chargeback a couple weeks back.

there is a group on Facebook for Air Passenger Rights - join there for lots of help as well!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12140 posts
2759 upvotes
Guelph
Dont they have to follow european travel laws since your trip was to iceland?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member