• Feb 12th, 2021 5:44 pm
48 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36160 posts
10281 upvotes
Ottawa
Are they repainting all their aircraft to Air Canada livery? LOL
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Jul 30, 2015
774 posts
713 upvotes
Bad bad bad.... but at this point why operate planes with 30 pax on board...
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Dec 28, 2011
979 posts
511 upvotes
Midland
Lol every flight I’ve been on has at least 60% full cabins
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36160 posts
10281 upvotes
Ottawa
Energie11 wrote: Lol every flight I’ve been on has at least 60% full cabins
In the past year????
And if 60% full was before this, that is the reason they are losing money and up for sale.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4321 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Are they repainting all their aircraft to Air Canada livery? LOL
Depends on if Air Canada's logo-painting hangar is considered an "essential service"...
Jul 30, 2015
774 posts
713 upvotes
Energie11 wrote: Lol every flight I’ve been on has at least 60% full cabins
Not since Jan 8 2021.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Jul 30, 2015
774 posts
713 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: In the past year????
And if 60% full was before this, that is the reason they are losing money and up for sale.
Before covid i think they were at 98%. Hard to beat. Even last summer they were well above North America average (almost 70% vs 36% for NA average)
Dec 28, 2011
979 posts
511 upvotes
Midland
Latitude57 wrote:
Not since Jan 8 2021.
YYZ to YYC was full Friday
YYC to YVR was full Friday
YVR to YYC was full Monday
YYC to YYZ was probably 50-60% Monday

YYZ to LIS 60%
LIS to YYZ 80-90% which was surprising usually this leg is emptier

https://imgshare.io/image/pNZ569 random flight tomorrow. Probably be sold out prior to departure
Nov 10, 2016
21 posts
42 upvotes
It's unfortunate regarding job loss, but travelling is super spreading
Screenshot_20210127-084355.png
Nov 10, 2016
21 posts
42 upvotes
In 2 years they will be back ..we just need to hang in there and stop traveling
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5406 posts
1616 upvotes
Toronto
These restrictions will do irreparable damage to our airline industry. Getting in and out of Canada is about to become extremely difficult. I'm very grateful I got out when I did, as I can see options slowly vanishing.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4321 upvotes
iammikemills wrote: In 2 years they will be back ..we just need to hang in there and stop traveling
That's a contradiction....

Yeah, this restaurant will be around in a year if everybody STOPS EATING THERE. Sure....

Same thing. No customers, no revenue, not enough cash in the bank, means bye-bye to the business. Any business, not just airlines.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4956 posts
4002 upvotes
I guess they got heads-up about Mexico imposing more restrictions and the EU has already banned entry from most places and even within EU, countries are banning travel within EU

Transat doesn't have many destinations for leisure
As of January 25, all bars, clubs and discos will be shut as the Cancun and Riviera Maya region
https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/all-b ... reloaded=1
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12281 posts
3419 upvotes
maybe the airline industry need to rethink their strategy by not overselling and provide no service
gei wrote: These restrictions will do irreparable damage to our airline industry. Getting in and out of Canada is about to become extremely difficult. I'm very grateful I got out when I did, as I can see options slowly vanishing.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15064 posts
2646 upvotes
sexyj wrote: maybe the airline industry need to rethink their strategy by not overselling and provide no service
Exactly!!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36160 posts
10281 upvotes
Ottawa
sexyj wrote: maybe the airline industry need to rethink their strategy by not overselling and provide no service
The airline industry is giving you what you want...cheap flights. Want service, pay more. Want more seats on flights, fly more to the destinations.
Overbooking is not the norm anymore and I believe if they overbook, there is significant compensation to the traveler now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9559 posts
4758 upvotes
Markham
Energie11 wrote: YYZ to YYC was full Friday
YYC to YVR was full Friday
YVR to YYC was full Monday
YYC to YYZ was probably 50-60% Monday

YYZ to LIS 60%
LIS to YYZ 80-90% which was surprising usually this leg is emptier

https://imgshare.io/image/pNZ569 random flight tomorrow. Probably be sold out prior to departure
Not related to this topic. but in flight, do they still let people sit next to each other or there is empty seat between passengers?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9559 posts
4758 upvotes
Markham
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: That's a contradiction....

Yeah, this restaurant will be around in a year if everybody STOPS EATING THERE. Sure....

Same thing. No customers, no revenue, not enough cash in the bank, means bye-bye to the business. Any business, not just airlines.
government will bailout airline, but not your next door restaurant