Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Airalo] Travel Prepaid Plans 7, 30 day Plans Available! 1-10GB from $2-28 USD. eSIM Only.

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 12:43 pm
Newbie
Nov 24, 2009
80 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I am just wondering what happens if I have to reset the phone to factory default, what would happen to the eSim I have added to the phone? Does that mean I can't use that plan again since that is considered as removing the eSim card?
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2016
700 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
mslofty wrote: I am just wondering what happens if I have to reset the phone to factory default, what would happen to the eSim I have added to the phone? Does that mean I can't use that plan again since that is considered as removing the eSim card?
On a Pixel, it asks if you want to delete or keep the eSIM profile when doing a factory reset
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Newbie
Nov 24, 2009
80 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I am using an iPhone so does anyone know what would happen if I factory reset it? Would it has any barring at all?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1613 posts
1050 upvotes
Just me or the rates on Airalo went up lately? Looks like it's now US$33.75 for 10GB in Canada for 30 days.
Newbie
Jan 16, 2020
5 posts
I'm sorry if I missed this in the thread, but I have a question about the Airalo app.

With the app installed on a Pixel 3a, would I still have to scan a QR code to install the eSIM, or can the app do it internally?

Thanks in advance for the answer!

P.S. Yes, it's really too bad the price for 10GB went up from $28 to $33.75 US!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5499 posts
4516 upvotes
Boz000 wrote: I'm sorry if I missed this in the thread, but I have a question about the Airalo app.

With the app installed on a Pixel 3a, would I still have to scan a QR code to install the eSIM, or can the app do it internally?

Thanks in advance for the answer!

P.S. Yes, it's really too bad the price for 10GB went up from $28 to $33.75 US!
If the app is on the device you want to use the eSim with you will have to copy and paste the information.

If it's on another device you can just scan the QR code.
Newbie
Jan 16, 2020
5 posts
Thanks for that information.

In my mind that doesn't really have any idea how these things work, it sure seems like there would be a way to automatically add the eSIM to the phone with the app installed on it, but maybe there's a good reason why it can't.

Anyway, thanks again.
Newbie
Oct 11, 2019
85 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like prices for UK and some other countries have gone up to $5/1GB now. ☹️ This is unfortunately expected as travel has basically stopped and they’re losing business. Just hoping they don’t go bust like Roam Mobility.
Jr. Member
Jun 18, 2013
155 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
snyp1193 wrote: Looks like prices for UK and some other countries have gone up to $5/1GB now. ☹️ This is unfortunately expected as travel has basically stopped and they’re losing business. Just hoping they don’t go bust like Roam Mobility.
Omg I just know roam mobility is gone soon. So sad
I spent way too much time finding good deals! Now I will focus on getting my Ph.D. :)
Newbie
Jun 25, 2020
1 posts
Boz000 wrote: I'm sorry if I missed this in the thread, but I have a question about the Airalo app.

With the app installed on a Pixel 3a, would I still have to scan a QR code to install the eSIM, or can the app do it internally?

Thanks in advance for the answer!

P.S. Yes, it's really too bad the price for 10GB went up from $28 to $33.75 US!
Hi there! I'm an eSIM expert from Airalo team.

After purchasing an eSIM you will receive detailed information on how to add the eSIM to your eSIM capable device. You can add the eSIM by scanning the QR Code and entering the 4-digit confirmation code when prompted(if available), or you can add the eSIM manually by entering the details included in the eSIM confirmation details received after purchase.

If you need any help/assistance, please email support@airalo.com :)

Top