• Jul 15th, 2020 12:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 29, 2017
464 posts
367 upvotes

Airblower making noise. - Mazda 3 gs 2017

So today, I noticed when I had the AC on the fan was making a noise. Kinda like that noise when you hold the blades of a regular fan- that noise when its working harder. The fan was working correctly, but it still makes a consistent hard hum noise.

Is it possible a lot of leaves gathered in there? I Changed the air filter and It was really dirty.

What else can cause this noise. Also I noticed on the passenger side, and the hood of the car was really hot. More so on the passengers side as well. if I may guess, would be a stretch to assume the over working fan motor is pulling an excessive amount of current that is making the alternator heat up?... well more power output since its wattage that makes the heat, but you guys get the idea
4 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22302 posts
3163 upvotes
The blower motor is in the passenger foot well and is easy to access. Remove the covers then drop the motor and clean it out. The design makes any leaves slip by the filter and drop directly in the fins.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36412 posts
10690 upvotes
Ottawa
Could be that the cabin filter needs replacing?
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22304 posts
2958 upvotes
Take it in before warranty expires?????
[OP]
May 29, 2017
464 posts
367 upvotes
If anyone is interested. This was the issue.

so I found a couple of leaves, Nothing that I would consider a big deal; however, once i cleaned it out, and changed the filter that resolved the problem. Only weird thing is the air filter wasn't really that dirty, but I noticed the issue a day after getting my oil changed. They did mention I should change the filter before the next change but they didn't notice teh noise. Anyways issue is resolved. Regarding the heat on passenger side of the car, its no longer there so it could be the a ripple effect of the airblower being clogged I don't know however that too has went away.