• Apr 3rd, 2020 12:44 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 3, 2007
279 posts
17 upvotes

AIRBNB refund

Hello all,

What proof did people use to get the full refund? Trying to get my money back but having troubles.
2012 Wins
3 wins for $38.42
7 replies
Jan 14, 2007
928 posts
463 upvotes
Toronto
when is your booking?

we got our full refund since it was before their cutoff of Apr 14th.
[OP]
Jul 3, 2007
279 posts
17 upvotes
April 15th. I can get it full in credits or 50% money back. I can get 100% money with proof that I cant travel to usa(you wouldn't think the proof would be necessary)
2012 Wins
3 wins for $38.42
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15064 posts
2646 upvotes
Canada-U.S. border now closed to non-essential travel (driving across the border is ON_HOLD)

They have no proof of any other itinerary.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12608 posts
7331 upvotes
Markham
Your proof is right on CBSA website

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agen ... 9-eng.html

Statement from the Office of the Prime Minister on COVID-19
U.S.-Canada joint initiative: Temporary restriction of travellers crossing the U.S.-Canada border for non-essential purposes
March 20, 2020

The U.S.-Canada land border serves as an economic engine that supports over $2.4 billion dollars in daily trade. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States and Canada are temporarily restricting all non-essential travel across its borders. In each of our countries, we are encouraging people to exercise caution by avoiding unnecessary contact with others. This collaborative and reciprocal measure is an extension of that prudent approach.

“Non-essential” travel includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature.

The United States and Canada recognize it is critical we preserve supply chains between both countries. These supply chains ensure that food, fuel, and life-saving medicines reach people on both sides of the border. Supply chains, including trucking, will not be impacted by this new measure. Americans and Canadians also cross the land border every day to do essential work or for other urgent or essential reasons, and that travel will not be impacted.

This decision will be implemented on March 21, 2020, at which time the U.S. and Canada will temporarily restrict all non-essential travel across the U.S.-Canada land border. The measure will be in place for 30 days, at which point it will be reviewed by both parties.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Jul 3, 2007
279 posts
17 upvotes
I did that as well but havent heard anything yet (it's been about a week). I called and they will have a case manager call me within the next 72 hours.
2012 Wins
3 wins for $38.42
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2243 posts
1257 upvotes
GTA
johntdsb wrote: I did that as well but havent heard anything yet (it's been about a week). I called and they will have a case manager call me within the next 72 hours.
Maybe your case is different from mine, but I placed the request in on 03/31/2020 and got the confirmation email of a full refund on 04/02/2020.