Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Airfryer Lid for 6Qt Instant Pot $76. 23% Price Drop

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2021 5:15 am
Dec 18, 2014
347 posts
427 upvotes
GTA
I have the 8 QT that came with the air fryer lid. Personally I don't like using it and always resort back to using my convection toaster oven. Anything with sauce ends up being a pain to clean b/c it gets burnt and stuck in all the holes of the accessory bucket and tray. Then all the oil is accumulated at the bottom of the pot so you gotta clean that. The amount of cleaning vs the joy of eating whatever I make is not worth it with the IP! I'm considering buying a dedicated air fryer with the baskets.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2670 posts
2663 upvotes
Toronto
VenomZeus wrote: Didn't now this existed. Looks great.
A little worried about some of the bad reviews regarding quality concerns though.
I have this one since Jan this year, and been OK. It's great for me because I don't have much storage/counter space, but while 6qt is fine for instantpot itself, it's rather small for an air fryer
[OP]
Jul 24, 2002
563 posts
565 upvotes
Vancouver
Well, have been using this bad boy for a few days now. Here are my quick notes as a review:

FOODS
- Grilled cheese... Decent
- Beyond Meat sausages... decent
- chicky nugs, strips... really good. Buddy of mine says it's awesome for Fried Chicken!
- fries from scratch... decent
- taro chips from scratch... passable (I really have to work on slicing them thinner though, then would be great)

USEABILITY
- It actually was NOT as massive as I expected. No doubt it's big, but it wasn't super massive. Definitely not small
- We just store the AFL on top of the instantpot, so it doesn't take up as much space
- Ease of use is solid. Throw the food in, turn on the button, and flip halfway if needed
- Cleanup is not bad. Things can get a little oily, but soak the basket a bit w warm soap and water, and it comes out clean. Just do it in the regular instant pot insert to kill 2 birds w one stone. The lid needed only MINIMAL wiping at most
- Getting at the food for flipping can be a tiny pain. You definitely need silicon type gloves, and maybe some sort of non scratch (yes, it's non stick) utensil. I used a wooden spoon for stirring/flipping things. Probably better on the non stick coating if you can pick up the basket (w silicon gloves) and just shake it though.

All in all, it was decent for approx $75 if you already have an instant pot.

If you don't already have an instant pot, a dedicated AF, or the posts that have been going around for the 8QT AF Instant Pot are the one to go for. Note, this one will take up a fair amount of room in your kitchen cupboard, and countertop though.
KLUTZO
Game geek, Family geek, Videography geek, all round geek!
Dec 29, 2013
234 posts
225 upvotes
What's the best air fryer if you don't have an insta pot already?
[OP]
Jul 24, 2002
563 posts
565 upvotes
Vancouver
apneab wrote: What's the best air fryer if you don't have an insta pot already?
If just an air fryer, a lot of ppl are digging the Insignia ones that are sold at Breast Buy. Try those? Look for reviews?
KLUTZO
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2647 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Neo_ZX wrote: Interesting but you can get a dedicated air fryer for the same price. The lid and accessories are already basically the size of an entirely new air fryer and less convenient.
Exactly. I briefly considered this but I ended up getting the Gourmia air fryer from Costco for $65. I would have preferred this lid since I already have an instapot and it would be good to save storage space, but the reviews seem bad. I was especially worried about the logistics of stirring or removing the food. Most air fryers have an handle that makes it easy to give food a shake halfway through cooking. This lid seems complicated and the reviews confirm that
Nov 7, 2009
223 posts
148 upvotes
Is this air fryer lid compatible with the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 6 Qt ? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W55DDFB/

I'm seeing conflict information on the product information page for the Air fryer lid... would be great if any of you can weigh in on the specific unit above that I linked and if the air fryer lid is compatible with that one.
Nov 26, 2017
124 posts
104 upvotes
How does that compare to the Instant Pot's dedicated Air Fryer (the Vortex)? Also, there had been carcinogen studies on air fryers, how does Instant Pot's products rank on that?
[OP]
Jul 24, 2002
563 posts
565 upvotes
Vancouver
Hydraulics101 wrote: Is this air fryer lid compatible with the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 6 Qt ? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07W55DDFB/

I'm seeing conflict information on the product information page for the Air fryer lid... would be great if any of you can weigh in on the specific unit above that I linked and if the air fryer lid is compatible with that one.
I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like it SHOULD work. The air fryer lid doesn't seem to require a really solid seal, but it more sits on top. So I'd say, go for it, and if it doesn't work, just return it. But if I were to guess, I'd say it should fit.
KLUTZO