Airline seat chart doesn't match seat guru

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 8:02 am
Aug 7, 2011
56 posts
36 upvotes
Burlington

Airline seat chart doesn't match seat guru

Hey guys have a transcontinental flight on Icelandair next week and debating upgrading to a leg room seat so I fit.

For some reason the Icelandair website seat map doesn't match the seat guru map at all. It's a 757-200 and Icelandair is showing the washrooms mid plane, while both versions on seat guru show them at the back of the plane. My connecting flight from Iceland to Norway is also on a 757-200 which has a layout to match seat guru.

Anyone have any insight on why this would happen? Maybe a brand new plane and new configuration? The only leg room seats left are directly behind the washrooms and I'm debating whether the $65 each is worth it for that
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes seatguru doesn't much the airline's seat map. You'll need to take the airline's seat map, as that's their actual plane.

Sometimes there are other versions of the same airplane with different seat map that seatguru doesn't know about, or some versions only that airline has.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
Arrgh wrote: Sometimes seatguru doesn't much the airline's seat map. You'll need to take the airline's seat map, as that's their actual plane.

Sometimes there are other versions of the same airplane with different seat map that seatguru doesn't know about, or some versions only that airline has.
^100%

Seat guru is a third party site.

Every airlines’s website has seat maps so use that’s for a more accurate view.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Seat Guru is a great website
But it’s owned by the folks who brought you many other Travel Website resources like TripAdvisor, Cruise Critic, FlipKey ... and many others
And the same Parent Corporation that owns Expedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeatGuru
Aug 7, 2011
56 posts
36 upvotes
Burlington
It looks like it was a problem with Icelandair after all. The airline seating chart now shows the standard layout that matches seat guru.

Thanks for the help everyone

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)