Shopping Discussion

Locked: AirMiles 2020 (RFD’s General Discussion Thread for this Loyalty Program)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2021 3:22 am
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lol, and we OPTED IN again...

And got to this pg:

Get 200 Bonus Miles!

Here’s how you can use your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard1 to get 200 Bonus Miles2:

1. OPT IN by entering your AIR MILES® Collector Number in the box below and clicking “Opt in”2.

2. Spend $200 on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard1 at participating Partners from February 6–12, 2020.2 Participating Partners can be found here (with a link)

And lastly, a spot to enter your AirMiles Collector Number ... and another OPT IN Button

... After that final OPT IN

Then you can see the full list of PARTICIPATING PARTNERS
(The usual BMO Formatted webpage = GAS - GROCERY - PHARMACY - HOME IMPROVEMENT - CAR RENTAL - OTHER ... With the usual suspects as Participating Partners)

Talk about a convoluted way to get from A to Z
:rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2356 posts
1999 upvotes
Halifax
PointsHubby wrote: Lol, and we OPTED IN again...

And got to this pg:

Get 200 Bonus Miles!

Oh my ! Let's hope there is an easier way on the Bonus Boom site. And that it is available to ALL BMO AM's collectors.

Here’s how you can use your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard1 to get 200 Bonus Miles2:

1. OPT IN by entering your AIR MILES® Collector Number in the box below and clicking “Opt in”2.

2. Spend $200 on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard1 at participating Partners from February 6–12, 2020.2 Participating Partners can be found here (with a link)

And lastly, a spot to enter your AirMiles Collector Number ... and another OPT IN Button

... After that final OPT IN

Then you can see the full list of PARTICIPATING PARTNERS
(The usual BMO Formatted webpage = GAS - GROCERY - PHARMACY - HOME IMPROVEMENT - CAR RENTAL - OTHER ... With the usual suspects as Participating Partners)

Talk about a convoluted way to get from A to Z
:rolleyes:
Oh my ! Hoping there is an easier way to do this on the Bonus Boom site when it is up . AND that it is available to ALL BMO AM's collectors.
A fan of RFD
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
BONUS BOOM
February 6th thru 12th

INDIGO & INDIGO.CA
Offer

* 30 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you spend $50+ in-store or online at Indigo / Indigo.ca

DECENT STACKABLE ...

Just got an email from Chapters / Indigo
For an IN STORE OFFER
January 30th thru February 9th

* Get a $ 10 Bonus Card / Coupon (Limited Timeframe for redeeming) When You Spend $ 40+ IN STORE

So ...

OPT IN for the AMs BMO Bonus Boom Offer
OPT IN for the AMs Indigo Offers
Shop IN STORE at Indigo between February 6th & 9th
Spend $ 50+
Pay with your AMs BMO MC
And get BOTH the AMs 30 BAMs + a $ 10 Bonus Coupon from Indigo
PLUS ... be on your way to collecting those 200 BAMs from the BONUS BOOM for Spending $ 200+ @ Participating Partners with your AMs BMO MC

Lol, plus earn Plum Points on your purchase if you are a member Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Win ... win ... win
Good deal for anyone who shops @ Indigo regularly
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Bummer that there's no Sobeys partner in BC for the Boom promo, only Safeway and Thrifty. The nearest Safeway is 110 kms and Thrifty is only on the Island, AFAIK, 800+ kms. If I make it to Safeway during the promo, I'll buy Sobeys gift certificates, but I don't want to make a trip just for that!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: BONUS BOOM
February 6th thru 12th

INDIGO & INDIGO.CA
Offer

* 30 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you spend $50+ in-store or online at Indigo / Indigo.ca

DECENT STACKABLE ...

Just got an email from Chapters / Indigo
For an IN STORE OFFER
January 30th thru February 9th

* Get a $ 10 Bonus Card / Coupon (Limited Timeframe for redeeming) When You Spend $ 40+ IN STORE

So ...

OPT IN for the AMs BMO Bonus Boom Offer
OPT IN for the AMs Indigo Offers
Shop IN STORE at Indigo between February 6th & 9th
Spend $ 50+
Pay with your AMs BMO MC
And get BOTH the AMs 30 BAMs + a $ 10 Bonus Coupon from Indigo
PLUS ... be on your way to collecting those 200 BAMs from the BONUS BOOM for Spending $ 200+ @ Participating Partners with your AMs BMO MC

Lol, plus earn Plum Points on your purchase if you are a member Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Win ... win ... win
Good deal for anyone who shops @ Indigo regularly
I think paying for your Indigo purchase with the BMO MC will NOT count towards the $200, since Indigo is not listed among the 'Participating Partners'.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
akaManny wrote: I think paying for your Indigo purchase with the BMO MC will NOT count towards the $200, since Indigo is not listed among the 'Participating Partners'.
Interesting take ...
And indeed Indigo isn’t in the Participating Partners List

More so cuz the initial email from BMO clearly IMPLIES that the 2 Offers will work together
For one week only, you can get a boost of Bonus Miles when you use offers at different participating Partners – like BMO and Indigo!

Get started early by opting in to the 2 offers below. Then you'll be all set to
get up to 230 Bonus Miles with your BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard
At least that’s how I read it ..
Use your BMO MC and earn towards both
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
PointsHubby wrote: Interesting take ...
And indeed Indigo isn’t in the Participating Partners List

More so cuz the initial email from BMO clearly IMPLIES that the 2 Offers will work together

At least that’s how I read it ..
Use your BMO MC and earn towards both
I'm with akaManny on this one. Opt into both offers and do both offers. The BMO offer must be with the particular partners, of which, Indigo isn't one.
Nov 25, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
When does shop the block payoff happen
Sep 5, 2017
503 posts
262 upvotes
Shopping at rexall with Air miles with BMO mc = spending roughly $640 with no bonus promos to be able to redeem 10 dollars (2 miles from mc at sponsor plus the 1 from the actual points card)

New program spend $2500 to be able to redeem $10

... they really think that's going to do well? Do they realize at shoppers you can redeem $10 after $1000 spend so actually would be $25 worth of points at shoppers? ... I'll skip rexall unless they have some kind of crazy good sales after AM ends
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
User918609 wrote: When does shop the block payoff happen
From the AMs STB 2019 SUB FORUM
‼️ START HERE - SHOP THE BLOCK 2019 - Event Information
c-ae-start-here-shop-block-2019-event-i ... n-2328696/

Remember ... AirMiles has up to 120 Days AFTER an event to POST MILES
STB 2019 ends on December 27, 2019 + 120 Days = 4 Months = End of April 2020

HOWEVER ... sometimes things all fall into place swimmingly for those who have followed the instructions to a tee
And they see all their Base Miles + Bonus Miles POSTED within 30 DAYS / end of January
And like STB 2018 ... got their BIG BONUS MILES at the 45 DAY MARK
Was a great Valentines ❤️ Day present from AirMiles
For many of us ...
Things are falling into place
Personally, all my OUTSTANDING Base & Bonus Miles have now POSTED
Last one showed up about 2 weeks ago

Which also means ... all my PARTNER COUNTS are in the mix

So just sitting pretty now waiting on the BIG BONUS Miles
Smiling Face With Sunglasses

When they do start POSTING ... refer to the STB 2019 SUB FORUM
It’s where all the action will be
Dec 8, 2008
490 posts
460 upvotes
Winnipeg
User918609 wrote: When does shop the block payoff happen
Probably around middle of February, based on previous years.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2356 posts
1999 upvotes
Halifax
RE: Shell Promo
4 purchases and receive 50 or 100 AM's

Anyone receive these ? Typically I would think that they would show up on your receipt or AMs account on the 4th purchase.

Mine did not .

Anyone else receive or not receive with 4 purchases ?
A fan of RFD
Jan 21, 2012
662 posts
363 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: RE: Shell Promo

Anyone receive these ? Typically I would think that they would show up on your receipt or AMs account on the 4th purchase.

Mine did not .

I filled up 4 times of regular fuel last month at shell by paying with cash miles, paired with either gift card or credit card, the last receipt didn't show the 50 miles I was supposed to get. I am thinking they should show up in my account soon, I will keep an eye on it.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
rdiamond1 wrote: RE: Shell Promo

Mine did not .

lingecw wrote: I filled up 4 times of regular fuel last month at shell by paying with cash miles, paired with either gift card or credit card, the last receipt didn't show the 50 miles I was supposed to get. I am thinking they should show up in my account soon, I will keep an eye on it.
Believe you are speaking of the TOP UP BONUS PROMOTION
That runs December 28, 2019 thru March 31, 2020

The TOP UP BAMs (42 or 60) ... gets one to 50 or 100 BAMs
Dependent upon what grade of gas was purchased

The T&Cs ... like ALL Shell Offers
Can be found on the Shell Canada website
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/of ... -deal.html
Terms and Conditions

*Offer valid December 28, 2019 through to March 31, 2020 at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations).
During each calendar month of the promotion period, get 10X the AIR MILES Reward Miles per transaction with a minimum purchase of 25L Shell V-Power® Nitro+ or Shell V-Power Diesel on your first 4 purchases.
After your fourth visit, and after the month ends, get an additional 60 Bonus Miles for a total of 100 Miles,OR get 2X the Miles per transaction with a minimum purchase of 25L of Shell Bronze, Silver or Diesel fuel and on your first 4 purchases.
After your fourth visit and after the month ends, get an additional 42 Bonus Miles for a total of 50 Miles.
Maximum either 100 or 50 Miles per Collector Number per calendar month for this offer, dependent upon which grade of fuel was purchased 4 times.
This excludes any Miles earned on subsequent fuel purchases during the month.

These multiplier offers apply to the Fuel base Reward Mile offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per transaction of a minimum of 15L fuel purchase.No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES Card must be swiped/Collector Number entered at time of transaction.
Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers.
Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice.
Please allow up to 4 weeks post month end for Miles to be loaded to your Collector Account.

®†™†Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Shell Canada Products
So...
MONTH # 1 = Jan 31st + 4 weeks = END of February
MONTH # 2 = Feb 29th + 4 weeks = END of March
MONTH # 3 = March 31st + 4 weeks = END of April

Month just ended on Friday ... it’s now Sunday
So prob too early
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Posted this in the Rexall thread ...
Thought I’d share here too
PointsHubby wrote: Was at Rexall today
For the current AirMiles Promo (100 BAMs WUS $ 50+ )

Told the Cashier I was disappointed to hear they were leaving AirMiles

They quickly stated, that I should look forward to the upcoming Wellness Program

Said, ya sadly I am not
With AirMiles gone, I probably won’t be shopping at Rexall much any more

Cashier said, that they’ve heard a lot of that this weekend from Customers
So folks we are not alone in our unhappiness

Definitely gonna send a letter / email to Rexall Mgmt voicing my displeasure on this decision
And letting them know they will be losing our family as a Customer most likely becuz of it
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2356 posts
1999 upvotes
Halifax
PointsHubby wrote: Believe you are speaking of the TOP UP BONUS PROMOTION

So...

So prob too early
Ahhh FOUR WEEKS !
A fan of RFD
Jan 12, 2016
60 posts
38 upvotes
North York, ON
pawprints86 wrote: Shopping at rexall with Air miles with BMO mc = spending roughly $640 with no bonus promos to be able to redeem 10 dollars (2 miles from mc at sponsor plus the 1 from the actual points card)

New program spend $2500 to be able to redeem $10

... they really think that's going to do well? Do they realize at shoppers you can redeem $10 after $1000 spend so actually would be $25 worth of points at shoppers? ... I'll skip rexall unless they have some kind of crazy good sales after AM ends
To me, this was small potatoes. Whether I get back half a percent or a little more is irrelevant.

I go when I need something urgently that they carry and I need in a hurry. That won't change.

I also go if they have a good sale on something I want, then It'll need to be at least 20-30 percent off. But such purchases are a few dollars a year.

HOWEVER:

1. when I need to get a seventh sponsor for a promotion this changes.
2. Same, if I want to get to a new level, and/or there is a promo for shop X dollars and get 100 or more bonus points, then there is a stronger incentive, in this case its a MUCH higher percentage.
3. Rexall is among the fastest to post points, and that makes a difference. Especially end of a goal cycle, when I need a few more points.
4. I can redeem air miles in MANY ways, the new program forces me to redeeem at Rexall.

Roughly 90% of the past few years' purchases were made with these points in mind. Should they ditch Airmiles, they'll need to offer me incentives that are tempting enough to replace the value of what they are taking away.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Believe you are speaking of the TOP UP BONUS PROMOTION

So...

So prob too early
Previous 4 fill-up promotions posted the bonus miles with the 4th transaction. Not sure why the change and delay - it is not like you can 'return' 25 liters of gas
Sep 5, 2017
503 posts
262 upvotes
madcow0000 wrote: I can redeem air miles in MANY ways, the new program forces me to redeeem at Rexall.
This is very true. For me I'd earn the promo extras at rexall and redeem later on at shell
May 11, 2017
159 posts
80 upvotes
I don't know if this is the correct forum for my question. Can someone tell me what 1000 AM's is worth in $$$? I just spent 3855 AM's for a flight (regularly 2800) but because of a special event, I think they raised the prices. The flight is $950 on AC and I don't know if I got good value or not. Also, I have been trying to use AM's on this flight for over a week and the site kept looping. After I found my flights and wanted to do the booking, the site then said "oops, your flights are no longer available". I ended up calling customer relations at AM's and they said that they have been having problems with AC and that they received a memo from AC last week saying that they were having problems like this for many destinations (but not all destinations). As a result, the CR agent at AM's said that AM's is advising people to try to book on a different airline. In my case, that was not a possibility. The site finally worked this morning so I booked. I found it to be expensive but since I don't know the exact value of an AM, I'm not exactly sure.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)