Shopping Discussion

** AIRMILES MEGAMILES 2020 - August 13th thru September 10th, 2020 — Announcement Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2020 4:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

** AIRMILES MEGAMILES 2020 - August 13th thru September 10th, 2020 — Announcement Thread

IT’S ON ...
Let’s get this party started Party PopperBalloon

See the AMs MegaMiles website for info
https://airmilesmegamiles.ca

NO SPECIFIC DETAILS YET
(No offers posted)

But the general gist thus far is

* 3 Partners = 300 BIG BONUS BAMs
* 5 Partners = 1000 BIG BONUS BAMs
Construction SignConstruction Sign THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION Construction SignConstruction Sign
So check back over the course of the next 2 weeks / 15 days

=========================================================

UPDATE :

Offers were release at 12:01 AM EDT on August 13th
They can be found on the MegaMiles 2020 website = https://airmilesmegamiles.ca

It is indeed

3 PARTNER COUNTS for 300 BIG BONUS BAMs
And 5 PARTNER COUNTS for 1000 BIG BONUS BAMs

The RFD AIRMILES MEGAMILES 2020 SUB FORUM is now up and running

2020-air-miles-mega-miles-f202/

Join us there to learn more about how MegaMiles 2020 works, or chit chat about specific offers

Good Luck to everyone

Points Hubby
RFD AirMiles MegaMiles 2020 Host
Last edited by PointsHubby on Aug 14th, 2020 12:33 am, edited 8 times in total.
Thread Summary
Ontario offers: airmiles-megamiles-2020-august-13th-thr ... #p32936550
Quebec and Alberta offers follow a few posts after the Ontario offers.
258 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ok, I will start.

I am genuinely excited.

Airmiles has not had a decent late Summer / early Fall promo since 2018

Was their Pack To School Contest & Promo then
PROMO =
air-miles-back-school-online-shopping-b ... s-2213225/
air-miles-airmilesshop-ca-get-100-300-1 ... s-2213165/
CONTEST =
2018-09-09-loyalty-one-air-miles-pack-s ... l-2214435/

HOPEFULLY though it won’t be JUST an AirMiles Shops.ca Promo like that one was ☹️

HOPEFULLY it will be for a lot of AirMiles Partners ... in an effort to get folks back to shopping off line

August & September is a good time for one ... as most folks do a fair bit of Back To School ... get ready for Autumn Shopping.

Offers I am hoping for ...
* BMO ... Opt In Spend $ X
* SOBEY’s ... STACKABLE with a Blue Friday ... or good for GCs
* METRO ... STACKABLE
* HBC / THE BAY ... Spend Offer (not just a sign up for HBC Rewards)
* JEAN COUTU ... Spend Offer ... or Redeem Offer
* LCBO ... Offer on something I actually drink
* SHELL ... In Store Offer ... usable on GCs
* LOWES ... Offer on stuff I can use for Fall
* RONA ... Offer on stuff I can use for Fall
* GLOBAL PET FOODS ... Offer on dog food
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2490 posts
3466 upvotes
St Clements, MB
HBC / THE BAY: Will relaunch HUDSON'S BAY REWARDS in AUGUST. You may not be able to convert to AIRMILES much longer. AIRMILES conversion offered poor value vs. instore redemption for HBC gift cards.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16622 posts
32237 upvotes
Scarborough
Sobey's, Metro, Shell, and Global are my usual go to retailers. Sometimes I'd throw in Rexall but they're out of the picture now. Don't think I'll have a problem hitting 5 for the full 1,000 BAM.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
cslusarc wrote: HBC / THE BAY: Will relaunch HUDSON'S BAY REWARDS in AUGUST. You may not be able to convert to AIRMILES much longer. AIRMILES conversion offered poor value vs. instore redemption for HBC gift cards.
Have not seen any thing on this ...
Where did you hear / read it ?
Do you have a link / source
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2490 posts
3466 upvotes
St Clements, MB
From here about HUDSON'S BAY REWARDS:
This site is intended to provide advance notice of upcoming revisions to our Hudson’s Bay Rewards Program Terms & Conditions. These updates, based on customer feedback, reflect some exciting program enhancements that will benefit your shopping experiences at Hudson’s Bay.

You will find the revised Terms & Conditions at thebay.com/rewards. Please take a few moments to read these terms carefully so that you understand the changes and benefits. We have listed some of the key updates below:

Redeem your Hudson’s Bay Rewards points instantly, beginning with 1,000 points to receive $5 off your current purchase.Redeem your points in store with valid government issued photo identification.Redeem your points at thebay.com with a unique member self-selected PIN.Note that points can no longer be redeemed for a Hudson’s Bay gift card. Shop in store and at thebay.com with Hudson’s Bay Credit and earn Hudson’s Bay Rewards points automatically. Access your account in store using your phone number or email address — no need to carry your Hudson’s Bay Rewards Card.Enjoy a unique digital member experience, including the ease and convenience of self-edits to your profile and an option to gift your points.All accounts will be unique to the account holder. Accordingly, all Supplemental Cardholders will need to create their own account by enrolling as a new member.

At Hudson’s Bay, our customers remain our top priority. As a loyal Hudson’s Bay Rewards member, you deserve a shopping experience and loyalty program that reflects your needs. We hope that you find these changes as exciting as we do!

Questions or concerns? Visit our FAQs below for more info. For any other inquiries, give us a call at 1-800-844-8131 and our Customer Service Team will be happy to help.

New Program Store Launch Dates:
NOVA SCOTIA
August 25, 2020
All stores

QUEBEC
August 18, 2020
Les Galeries d’Anjou
August 20, 2020
All other Quebec stores

ONTARIO
August 18, 2020
Etobicoke Woodbine Centre
August 25, 2020
All other Ontario Stores

WESTERN CANADA
August 27, 2020
All stores

Link to full Terms & Conditions
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@cslusarc
Thanks for the info.

Does look at first glance like they may be ending their relationship with AirMiles
(no mention of AMs in any of what you quoted)

Hmmm... I may have to rethink my HBC / The Bay Shopping strategy going forward after August
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2490 posts
3466 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Anyways, which is worth more a $10 Hudson's Bay Gift Card or 50 AIRMILES. 20 years ago I would have said that the AIRMILES could be worth a little much more, but not today.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
cslusarc wrote: Anyways, which is worth more a $10 Hudson's Bay Gift Card or 50 AIRMILES. 20 years ago I would have said that the AIRMILES could be worth a little much more, but not today.
HBC REWARDS ... Current Program

The BASE EARN RATE is 1 Point / $ 1 Spent

The REDEEM RATE is 2000 Points = $ 10 @ HBC
OR one can convert HBC Rewards Points to AirMiles:
40 HBC Points = 1 AM

At the Standard Rate of AMs Cash Miles (95 Miles = $ 10 )
One would need 3800 HBC Points = $ 10 in value with AirMiles
Or almost 2x what it takes in HBC Points to get a $ 10 HBC GC

So ya, not the greatest of deals for AMs Collectors

BUT ... in the past, the advantage here has been the ability during AMs BIG BONUS Events to count another Partner / Offer when shopping at The Bay (when the Offers have been SPEND related )
Sep 13, 2019
40 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote: @cslusarc
Thanks for the info.

Does look at first glance like they may be ending their relationship with AirMiles
(no mention of AMs in any of what you quoted)

Hmmm... I may have to rethink my HBC / The Bay Shopping strategy going forward after August
The Terms and Conditions mention Air Miles and RBC:

26. In some cases, Points can also be converted into a Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners program. For further details on this option, please refer to the Program Website. Members should allow up to thirty (30) days for Air Miles Reward Miles or RBC Rewards points to be reflected in their partner accounts. Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners and Other Offers

27. Hudson’s Bay has established relationships with certain companies (each a “Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partner”), whereby Points can be earned and/or redeemed by Members in conjunction with separate partner programs established by these Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners. Members must comply with all rules, regulations, terms and conditions associated with the Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners’ programs. Hudson’s Bay or the Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners may restrict, suspend, otherwise alter or terminate Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners’ programs in accordance with applicable laws. Points that are redeemed through a Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partner’s program are considered redeemed for all purposes. Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners’ programs and offers are subject to these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions related to the specific Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partner’s program, as each may be amended from time to time. For further details on Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners programs, please refer to the Program Website.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
DavefromSt.Vital wrote: The Terms and Conditions mention Air Miles and RBC:

26. In some cases, Points can also be converted into a Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners program. For further details on this option, please refer to the Program Website. Members should allow up to thirty (30) days for Air Miles Reward Miles or RBC Rewards points to be reflected in their partner accounts. Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners and Other Offers

27. Hudson’s Bay has established relationships with certain companies (each a “Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partner”), whereby Points can be earned and/or redeemed by Members in conjunction with separate partner programs established by these Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners. Members must comply with all rules, regulations, terms and conditions associated with the Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners’ programs. Hudson’s Bay or the Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners may restrict, suspend, otherwise alter or terminate Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners’ programs in accordance with applicable laws. Points that are redeemed through a Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partner’s program are considered redeemed for all purposes. Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners’ programs and offers are subject to these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions related to the specific Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partner’s program, as each may be amended from time to time. For further details on Hudson’s Bay Rewards Partners programs, please refer to the Program Website.
Good eye

Have to admit I read Reply # 10 by @cslusarc for the immediate changes, and then just skimmed the T&Cs on the dedicated UPCOMING CHANGE website = https://www.thebay.com/content/rewards/terms-conditions

Now that I’ve read more, it looks like these changes in August are more to give Shoppers the choice to INSTANT CASH REWARDS for their HBC Points against their current purchases, where 1000 Points = $ 5 ... versus having to save up much longer to get to 2000 Points = $ 10 and a HBC GC

Everything else looks pretty much the same.

So I guess I can say, I like the change, and nice to know HBC will still be an Airmiles Partner
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6824 posts
4231 upvotes
Got this email from BMO. I guess that would be one offer from BMO AM MC (spend $500 to get 400AM or spend $250 to get 200AM). I don’t have any BMO AM card at the moment, but I probably wait for next year so it can help keeping my onyx status since this year is not needed
Images
  • 1CCE5805-1B24-4528-870D-208C87A8DDC2.png
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1971 posts
1852 upvotes
Between August 13 and September 10, 2020, Collectors must make eligible purchases at: (i) 5 different participating AIR MILES® Partners using 5 or more different AIR MILES MEGA MILES® Bonus Offers (“Bonus Offers”) and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 1,000 Bonus Miles; or (ii) 3 different participating AIR MILES Partners using 3 or more different Bonus Offers and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 300 Bonus Miles. Criteria, offer periods and spend frequency may vary for each Bonus Offer. Please see the Terms and Conditions of each unique Bonus Offer for specific details. Bonus Offers are available at airmiles.ca/MegaMiles. Limit of one (1) MEGA MILES offer per Collector Number. Visit airmiles.ca/MegaMiles for full details. Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.

1 Offer valid only to Collectors who opt in to receive AIR MILES emails for the first time. Collectors who have previously signed up to receive offers and information from the AIR MILES Reward Program do not qualify for this offer. Limit of one offer per Collector Number. Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 4–6 weeks of opt in. Your email address will only be used by the AIR MILES Reward Program to send you offers and information from AIR MILES and its Partners and Suppliers. You can unsubscribe at any time.

2 The AIR MILES App is available for iPhone and Android devices only. Visit the iTunes App store or Google Play. The AIR MILES App is free to download. Additional carrier data fees may apply. Check with your wireless service provider to determine applicable fees.

Details with offers and partners to follow soon. Got this as a BMO promo email for a new CC sign up (which I wont, knowing BMO :) )
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote: Got this email from BMO. I guess that would be one offer from BMO AM MC (spend $500 to get 400AM or spend $250 to get 200AM). I don’t have any BMO AM card at the moment, but I probably wait for next year so it can help keeping my onyx status since this year is not needed
Thanks for this

So I take it this will be the OPT IN BMO AMs MC CC MegaMiles 2020 Offer.

Whether to activate it
OR
Even Whether to participate in Mega:Miles 2020
Will come down to a personal choice

Yes, it’s true due to the Covid Situation, Airmiles has EXTENDED whatever Status was EARNED IN 2019 and is effect in 2020, for an additional year until December 31, 2021

This is nice

But it sure isn’t gonna stop me from participating in collecting AirMiles in 2020, or participating in BIG BONUS Events like MegaMiles in August & September or Shop The Block in November & December.

As I look at Bonus Events ... not only as a chance to earn Annual Status ... but thru participating I am able to add to my AMs Accounts literally THOUSANDS OF AIRMILES in short order. Nothing else annually compares to these earning opportunities. Where every 1000 AMs = $ 105.26 CDN (based on the Cash Miles Standard of 95 AMs = $ 10 Value)

And in my world, where I am a STRATEGY SHOPPER ... these represent miles that would come with shopping I would be doing anyhow ... for late summer / back to school / fall prep / Christmas & Holiday Season

If I am gonna be shopping for stuff i need ... I sure as heck ain’t gonna intentionally leave Loyalty Miles or Points on the table ... for things I would be buying from these stores anyhow.

Obtaining / Retaining Status is truly secondary.

In fact, it’s more like a perk if one is a Points Hound vs strictly motivation
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9414 posts
7652 upvotes
Kitchener
Man, this is such crap compared to prior years. Barely even worth it anymore.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1971 posts
1852 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: Man, this is such crap compared to prior years. Barely even worth it anymore.
True, I guess we should have sub-forums or a new one called Deals only or Formerly-known-as-Hot Deals , not Hot Deals :).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)