Shopping Discussion

AIRMILES SHOP THE BLOCK 2020 ... General Chit-Chat ... Event Coming Soon (November 19th thru December 28th)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 10:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16637 posts
13959 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

AIRMILES SHOP THE BLOCK 2020 ... General Chit-Chat ... Event Coming Soon (November 19th thru December 28th)

This is a HEADS UP Thread **
Designated for General Chit Chat prior to the Event launch

Watch for the official KICK OFF Thread, and the RFD AIRMILES SHOP THE BLOCK 2020 SUB-FORUM as we get closer to the event

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR...

Event runs from Thursday ~ November 19th thru Monday ~ December 28th, 2020

It will be based on DIFFERENT PARTNER OFFERS

** 3 Partner Counts = 300 BIG BONUS BAMs **
** 5 Partner Counts = 800 BIG BONUS BAMs **
** 7 Partner Counts = 1200 BIG BONUS BAMs **

https://shoptheblock.ca/en/coming_soon

The T&Cs fine print
* Between November 19, 2020 and December 28, 2020, Collectors must make eligible purchases at
(i) 7 different AIR MILES® Partners using 7 or more different AIR MILES SHOP THE BLOCK® Event Bonus Offers (“Bonus Offers”) and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 1,200 Bonus Miles; or
(ii) 5 different participating AIR MILES Partners using 5 different Bonus Offers and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 800 Bonus Miles; or
(iii) 3 different participating AIR MILES Partners using 3 different Bonus Offers and meet the criteria required for each unique Bonus Offer to qualify for the 300 Bonus Miles.

Criteria, offer periods and spend frequency may vary for each Bonus Offer.
Please see the Terms and Conditions of each unique Bonus Offer for specific details.
Bonus Offers are available at airmiles.ca/ShopTheBlock.
Limit of one (1) Bonus Offer per Collector Number.
Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.

®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Partner and Supplier trademarks are owned by the respective Partners or Suppliers or authorized for their use in Canada.
** Thanks to @ricedion for the alert in the MMs 2020 Posting Poll.
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 4th, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
116 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16637 posts
13959 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 1

ADVANCE PLANNING ... THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

BALANCE PREFERENCE = CASH : DREAM MILES RATIO

Do you need to review your Balance Preference BEFORE the Shop The Block 2020 Event begins ?

It pays to have some CASH MILES on hand so you can use them for any possible REDEEM CASH MILES Offers to get easy PARTNER COUNTS

Change your BALANCE PREFERENCE today ... and it will go into effect tomorrow after 3 AM ET.

From that point forward, your new choice will be in effect for any NEW MILES EARNED ... until you change it again.
(PENDING MILES will be back dated to their transaction date, and whatever Balance Preference was in place then)

* NOTE - Only wanting a few CASH MILES
Then set yourself a reminder to change your BALANCE PREFERENCE back a few days BEFORE the STB 2020 Event starts on November 19th

https://www.airmiles.ca/en/profile/bala ... rence.html
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 5th, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16637 posts
13959 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 2

SNEAK PEEK OF STB 2020 OFFERS
========================

PARTICIPATING AMs PARTNERS

Thanks to @mkl38s ... for this tip

The STB 2020 Website has been updated

The logos for Participating Partners are now visible for every Province / Territory / Region

No offers to be seen yet ...

But we at least now know who is participating in STB 2020

GOOD NEWS...

* AMEX ... is back
* BMO ... is back (see Place Holder # 3 for more details)
* Global Pet Foods ... is back
* Lowe’s & Rona ... are back (Rona & Reno Depot in Quebec)

For more info see the website = https://shoptheblock.ca/en/coming_soon
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 12th, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 12 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16637 posts
13959 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER # 3

SNEAK PEEK OF STB 2020 OFFERS
========================

BMO AIRMILES MASTERCARD

Thanks to @Erumuh ... for this tip

As per an early bird email from AirMiles / BMO

NATIONAL ... November 19th thru December 28th
OPT IN OFFER ...

Charge $ 750 ... and Get 250 BAMs for Shopping at PARTICIPATING AMs PARTNERS
Charge $ 350 ... and Get 100 BAMs for Shopping at PARTICIPATING AMs PARTNERS

Opting In, and completing either offer (1 per Collector) = 1 STB 2020 Offer / PARTNER COUNT

* MORE DETAILS to be posted here when they are known (ie T&Cs)

ADD / EDIT - Offer T&Cs ... again thanks to @Erumuh for sharing this info, the bolding is theirs & mine.
Eligible credit cards include: BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*, BMO AIR MILES World Mastercard, BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard, BMO AIR MILES Mastercard for Business, BMO Gold AIR MILES Mastercard for Business, BMO AIR MILES Business Mastercard, BMO AIR MILES No-Fee Business Mastercard, Shell®** AIR MILES World Mastercard from BMO, Shell AIR MILES Mastercard from BMO, BMO Sobeys AIR MILES Mastercard, BMO IGA AIR MILES Mastercard.
Offer can only be used once per AIR MILES Collector Number.
The same AIR MILES credit card must be used for purchases during the promotional period in order to qualify for this offer.
Opt-in requirements: To qualify for this offer, you must (a) opt in for the offer by entering your AIR MILES Collector Number and clicking the “Opt in” button on [BMO opt-in page url] on or before December 28, 2020,

and (b)
- Spend $350 using your eligible BMO AIR MILES Mastercard between November 19 and December 28, 2020, inclusive, at participating Partners to get 100 Bonus Miles,

OR

- Spend $700 using your eligible BMO AIR MILES Mastercard between November 19 and December 28, 2020, inclusive, at participating Partners to get 250 Bonus Miles.

These purchases must be made at participating BMO Partners
listed in the “Participating AIR MILES Partners” section of the web page: https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles. ... e?vr=promo. Participating AIR MILES Partners may be added or removed at any time without notice.
Visit https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmiles. ... e?vr=promo for current participating Partner details.
The purchases do not have to be made at the same retailer and can be made at multiple retailers.
There is no minimum spend amount required per transaction, as long as the cumulative transactions over the promotion period total a minimum of $350 or $700, respectively.

Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account.
See the AIR MILES® Shop the Block promotion Terms and Conditions for promotional details.
This offer is valid only for the AIR MILES Collector Number associated with your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account.
A limit of one (1) offer applies per AIR MILES Collector Number.
To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded.
Offer is subject to change without notice.
Miles will be deposited by January 31, 2021.

IRVING OIL

Thanks to @mamawalker1 for this tip

As per an early bird email from AirMiles / Irving

ATLANTIC CANADA ... November 19th thru December 28th
OPT IN OFFER ...

Use 95 Cash Miles (= $ 10) when you fuel up with 35 Litres or more ... and get 25 Bonus Miles

Opting In, and completing this offer = 1 STB 2020 Offer / PARTNER COUNT

https://shoptheblock.ca/en/optin/irving

T&Cs
* Offer valid November 19 to December 28, 2020.
Valid at participating Irving Oil locations in Atlantic Canada.
Use Miles in your Cash Account in increments of 95 Cash Miles for $10 towards a 35 L minimum fuel purchase.
Standard AIR MILES Cash limits and Terms and Conditions apply.
Limit of one offer per transaction.
Collector must opt-in online before December 28, 2020 to be eligible for the offer.
AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of purchase.
Bonus Miles will not appear on receipt and will be deposited to your Collector Account within 4 weeks of the promotion.
Can be combined with other offers.

AIRMILES SHOPS.ca

Thanks to @DMac90 ... for this tip

As per an early bird email from AirMiles / AMShops

NATIONAL ... November 19th thru December 28th
AUTOMATIC OFFER ...

Get 30 Bonus Miles WUSpend $ 100

One Offer per Collector = 1 STB 2020 Offer / PARTNER COUNT

Terms & Conditions:
† LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Between 00:00:01 a.m. ET on November 19 and 23:59:59 p.m. on December 28, 2020, get 30 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make an eligible purchase of $100 or more, excluding shipping, duties and taxes, in a single transaction, through airmilesshops.ca at participating online stores.
One (1) Bonus Miles offer per Collector Number.
Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer.

This offer does not apply to purchases or signups made at the following online stores: Disney+, eHarmony, FabFitFun, Wealthsimple, Weight Watchers, and any online travel stores (including, but not limited to, travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays).
Offer can be combined with other Bonus Reward Miles offers.
This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Reward Miles on gift card purchases.
See airmilesshops.ca for details.
All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time.
Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.

* airmilesshops.ca Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $20 CDN that you spend per transaction per online store excluding shipping, handling and taxes.
Base Offer may vary; click on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details.
All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time.
Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to earn Reward Miles.
Reward Miles will appear in your Collector Account within 60 days.

** LIMITED-TIME OFFER: AIR MILES Reward Miles multiplier offer applies to the total base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, duty and taxes.
Online store offers are subject to change without notice.
See specific online store for offer details and any restrictions.
Bonus Reward Miles will appear in your Collector Account within 75 days.
JEAN COUTU

Thanks to @trystee and @WHO ... for this tip

Info confirmed with a Preview of the Jean Coutu Flyer

ON / QC / NB ... November 20th & 21st
AUTOMATIC OFFER ...

Get 20x the Miles WUSpend $ 75+ on almost anything Instore

One Offer per Collector = 1 STB 2020 Offer / PARTNER COUNT

Terms & Conditions:
Valid only on November 20 and 21, 2020.
Offer available in all Jean Coutu Stores.

* Excluding taxes, ecofees, postal services, stamps, lottery tickets, bus tickets, deposits, gift cards, prepaid cards, fundraising products, Fragrance Discovery box sets, prescriptions and other products covered by the Pharmacy Act and its regulations.
Valid for purchases completed in a single transaction.
The bonus offer applies to the total number of Basic Miles received.

Terms of the standard offer at the cash counter and at jeancoutu.com
RONA

Thanks to @mkl38s ... for this tip

Info confirmed with a Preview of Rona Flyers across Canada

NATIONAL (Except YK / NW / NU / PEI / NL )
COUPON / ECOUPON REQUIRED ... November 19th thru December 2nd

** Get 3x the Miles WUSpend $ 140+ on almost anything Instore or online (Coupon Code = 8693)
OR
** Get 6x the Miles WUSpend $ 500+ on almost anything Instore or online (Coupon Code = 1266)

Terms & Conditions:
AirMiles Bonus Offer available upon presentation of the electronic offer or its printed version in all participating stores, and on online purchases with the AirMiles Collector Number and Bonus Code entered in the online shopping cart.
A maximum of 250 Bonus Miles May be issued per Collector during the promotional period.
Offer does not apply to taxes nor the purchase of gift cards.
Offer not applicable on purchases charged to store charge accounts and purchases from commercial clients.
Can be combined with other Bonus Offers on products.

Some conditions apply.
Details in store.
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 18th, 2020 9:49 am, edited 15 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5544 posts
3047 upvotes
I was hoping for them to bump the reward to 1500 or 2000 but I guess the number of MM participants still good despite the pandemic so they made no change to STB. With MM 5 partners got you 1000AM, with this one, 5 you only get 800. Let's hope the offers are better than MM. Else 7 would be really tough to do
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2572 posts
1699 upvotes
GTA
Every time I participate in one of the events, the harder it gets. Did the last one but had to spend quite a bit at Sobeys and Foodland. If they still have many offers available only to first-time users, it’s going to be tough. But I’ll stay hopeful there are enough offers to hit that 7 mark.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Feb 3, 2019
206 posts
142 upvotes
GTA
moulamou wrote: Every time I participate in one of the events, the harder it gets. Did the last one but had to spend quite a bit at Sobeys and Foodland. If they still have many offers available only to first-time users, it’s going to be tough. But I’ll stay hopeful there are enough offers to hit that 7 mark.
Agreed. It's getting harder to reach the max BAM since most offers are geared to first-time users. I haven't participated in the last two events because of this.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13512 posts
5397 upvotes
Toronto
moulamou wrote: Did the last one but had to spend quite a bit at Sobeys and Foodland.
I also got carried away with the hunt and definitely overspent at Sobeys
Foodland I can kinda rationalize I got value but I still have 10 packs of frozen ribs
moulamou wrote: If they still have many offers available only to first-time users, it’s going to be tough.
Pulled the trigger on that survey panel and still haven't received one survey so that's a dead partner now
Aug 12, 2006
376 posts
143 upvotes
I hate that Rexall isn't a partner anymore, I could always get something I'd use there.
Oct 28, 2013
486 posts
414 upvotes
Not Toronto
Agree, sucks that Rexall is gone - these are getting harder and harder to complete.
Jul 13, 2015
216 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
moulamou wrote: Every time I participate in one of the events, the harder it gets. Did the last one but had to spend quite a bit at Sobeys and Foodland. If they still have many offers available only to first-time users, it’s going to be tough. But I’ll stay hopeful there are enough offers to hit that 7 mark.
Yeah, I found MM too difficult to complete 5, I only ended up doing 3. Sucked not having Lowe's and Global partner offers for that event.

Hoping I can hit 7 for STB.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16637 posts
13959 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
DMac90 wrote: Yeah, I found MM too difficult to complete 5, I only ended up doing 3.
Sucked not having Lowe's and Global partner offers for that event.

Hoping I can hit 7 for STB.
Not a STB 2020 Offer...
BUT Check your email (May or May Not be a Targeted Offer)

I just got a Lowe’s / Rona Offer today by email from AirMiles with really great BONUS BAMs
(MUST OPT IN / ACTIVATE OFFER )

November 5th thru 18th
* Spend $ 120+ @ Lowe’s = Get 220 BAMs
* Spend $ 120+ @ Rona = Get 220 BAMs
* DO THEM BOTH = Get an Extra 50 BAMs
TOTAL = 490 BAMs

Good value for a $ 240 MINIMUM Spend
490 Airmiles = $ 51.58 Value
Esp if one is in need of stuff ... or has a DIY Project Planned

* I will also post this offer in the RFD Ongoing AMs Megathread with T&Cs etc
EDIT / ADD LINK = airmiles-2020-rfd-cus-general-discussio ... #p33402929
Jul 13, 2015
216 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
PointsHubby wrote: Not a STB 2020 Offer...
BUT Check your email (May or May Not be a Targeted Offer)

I just got a Lowe’s / Rona Offer today by email from AirMiles with really great BONUS BAMs
(MUST OPT IN / ACTIVATE OFFER )

November 5th thru 18th
* Spend $ 120+ @ Lowe’s = Get 220 BAMs
* Spend $ 120+ @ Rona = Get 220 BAMs
* DO THEM BOTH = Get an Extra 50 BAMs
TOTAL = 490 BAMs

Good value for a $ 240 MINIMUM Spend
490 Airmiles = $ 51.58 Value
Esp if one is in need of stuff ... or has a DIY Project Planned

* I will also post this offer in the RFD Ongoing AMs Megathread with T&Cs etc
EDIT / ADD LINK = airmiles-2020-rfd-cus-general-discussio ... #p33402929
They're both confirmed as not being partners for STB? I cannot seem to find the 2020 offers anywhere.

As for the Rona/Lowe's offer, I got spend $200 at Rona get 390 BAM, spend $200 at Lowe's get 390 BAM, plus an extra 75 if I do both for a total of 855 BAM.
Oct 22, 2012
434 posts
792 upvotes
DMac90 wrote: They're both confirmed as not being partners for STB? I cannot seem to find the 2020 offers anywhere.
We won't know the offers until November 19th, but an email I just got provides a sneak peek.

BMO Air Miles MasterCards - opt-in and spend $750 on a BMO Air Miles MasterCard to receive 250 Air Miles, or spend $350 to receive 100 Air Miles. Completing either spend requirement after opt-in counts as 1 Shop the Block offer.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1700 posts
1535 upvotes
it's weird that lately they don't have any offers for AMEX AM cards.

Typically it would be easy to accomplish 5 offers as long as you have one of the BMO AM card, and 7 is quite challenging.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1700 posts
1535 upvotes
I believe they will be in the STB, as this special Rona/Lowe's offer ends Nev 18, and STB starts Nov 19.

But I never use any Rona or Lowe's offer during MM/STB. I don't have a house to work on.......Crying Face
DMac90 wrote: They're both confirmed as not being partners for STB? I cannot seem to find the 2020 offers anywhere.

As for the Rona/Lowe's offer, I got spend $200 at Rona get 390 BAM, spend $200 at Lowe's get 390 BAM, plus an extra 75 if I do both for a total of 855 BAM.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16637 posts
13959 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

@Erumuh is right we won’t know the STB 2020 Offers until AirMiles unlocks the website @ 12:01 AM EST on November 19th

When I said ... “Not a STB 2020 Offer”
I was solely referring to the email offer that I shared in Reply # 13

Looks like not only are the Lowe’s Group Offers targeted
But they are customized (prob based on ones Spending Habits)
Yours being much greater an amount in both Spending & Earning AMs vs mine

Although unless I had a project in the works ...
I think I would be hard pressed to spend $ 200 at each store ($ = 400 Total)
At this time of year
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16637 posts
13959 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Erumuh wrote: We won't know the offers until November 19th, but an email I just got provides a sneak peek.

BMO Air Miles MasterCards - opt-in and spend $750 on a BMO Air Miles MasterCard to receive 250 Air Miles, or spend $350 to receive 100 Air Miles. Completing either spend requirement after opt-in counts as 1 Shop the Block offer.
Thanks for this post / info
As I haven’t received my email yet

I will add it to one of the PLACE HOLDERS upfront
So others will be aware too.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5544 posts
3047 upvotes
naticom wrote: I believe they will be in the STB, as this special Rona/Lowe's offer ends Nev 18, and STB starts Nov 19.

But I never use any Rona or Lowe's offer during MM/STB. I don't have a house to work on.......Crying Face
We neither but sometimes the purchase is just $10 and it could get you from 300AM to 800AM or 800AM to 1200AM, then it’s worth it. Got a bunch of glue sticks last time that I gave them to my other siblings, my contractor and kept a few at home. 2 weeks ago, we got to use one and turned out it worked very well :).