• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2020 4:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5123 posts
2740 upvotes
Metro offers - I plan to buy gift basket >= $20 this weekend and redeem 95AM. So I will get back 25AM + 25AM. Can I double dip? like I just need to buy $20 on gift basket, doesn't matter how I pay right? My Metro has self-checkout so I will try that and see what's on the receipt. I have several accounts to do so if it works I may redeem some item on fresh2go and redeem $10 to get 75AM back
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2634 posts
1346 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Metro offers - I plan to buy gift basket >= $20 this weekend and redeem 95AM. So I will get back 25AM + 25AM. Can I double dip? like I just need to buy $20 on gift basket, doesn't matter how I pay right? My Metro has self-checkout so I will try that and see what's on the receipt. I have several accounts to do so if it works I may redeem some item on fresh2go and redeem $10 to get 75AM back
I am planning to do the same thing. The receipt might not show the 25 AM for the redemption. In any case, the STB coupon indicates 'Show cashier code 88955' for the gift basket offer. I will not try to do this on the self-checkout, but instead with a cashier.
Jul 12, 2015
21 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone know if Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh are considered to be the same partner or are they counted as 2 partners? They have their own offers but I assume they are the same company.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1457 posts
327 upvotes
Edmonton
I have to buy something for work at Staples, ~$320.xx.

Can I use the below to achieve 3 partners?
1. Airmileshop portal;
2. purchase at Staples, with code 64720
3. using my BMO AM MC card that already opted in.

The other 4 are personal groceries, beers, and kids clothes using my BMO AM MC card.

TIA and good luck on your 2019STB run.
Last edited by uglyguy on Nov 14th, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2634 posts
1346 upvotes
coryl83 wrote: Does anyone know if Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh are considered to be the same partner or are they counted as 2 partners? They have their own offers but I assume they are the same company.
For STB, Sobeys and Urban Fresh (and Foodland) have different logos, so they are counted as 2 (or 3) different partners. It has always been this way.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5123 posts
2740 upvotes
akaManny wrote: I am planning to do the same thing. The receipt might not show the 25 AM for the redemption. In any case, the STB coupon indicates 'Show cashier code 88955' for the gift basket offer. I will not try to do this on the self-checkout, but instead with a cashier.
I on the other hand have more success with self-checkout. Irresistibles gift basket also gives you 20 BAM, load your app and you get another 5AM for $5 or more. if it works, I still haven't decided to do all accounts now or wait for later on where Metro may have better offers (redeem 95AM get 50AM back) before Dec 27
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5123 posts
2740 upvotes
uglyguy wrote: I have to buy something for work at Staples, ~$320.xx.

1. Airmileshop portal;

The other 4 are personal groceries, beers, and kids clothes using my BMO AM MC card.

Remember Staples coupon is Dec 3 - Dec 23 so don't go and purchase now and you only get AMS offer
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1117 posts
208 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Metro offers - I plan to buy gift basket >= $20 this weekend and redeem 95AM. So I will get back 25AM + 25AM. Can I double dip? like I just need to buy $20 on gift basket, doesn't matter how I pay right? My Metro has self-checkout so I will try that and see what's on the receipt. I have several accounts to do so if it works I may redeem some item on fresh2go and redeem $10 to get 75AM back
akaManny wrote: I am planning to do the same thing. The receipt might not show the 25 AM for the redemption. In any case, the STB coupon indicates 'Show cashier code 88955' for the gift basket offer. I will not try to do this on the self-checkout, but instead with a cashier.
Good choice, what is in the gift basket?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2573 posts
162 upvotes
uglyguy wrote: I have to buy something for work at Staples, ~$320.xx.

1. Airmileshop portal;

Last year I triple dipped w/ a purchase from Staples as well. Got my bonus points.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5123 posts
2740 upvotes
phht wrote: Good choice, what is in the gift basket?
2019-11-14.png
may also get this
2019-11-14 (2).png
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54059 posts
18989 upvotes
Missed out on the 5 BAM at Shell lol because I didn't pay attention to the start date but posters were all over the gasoline pumps.

Store didn't have the coupon book yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1117 posts
208 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: 2019-11-14.png

may also get this

2019-11-14 (2).png
do we select the items in the basket to the desired dollar amount or those items are fixed by the store?
Also not sure what you meant by redeem $10 to get 75 AM for fresh2go
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2302 posts
1469 upvotes
Ontario
Metro has their XL 16" 3 item pizza on sale for $9.99. This should qualify towards the STB offer for bonus 50AM on a $25 fresh2go purchase.

Their pizzas are pretty good especially if you eat them piping hot, fresh from the oven! Don't forget to redeem 95AM and get 25AM this weekend too. I'll likely redeem 285 AM on 3 pizzas and get a total 75 AM back as the 2 offers should stack.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4738 posts
1421 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote: The main reason I won't be participating this year is because I think Airmiles is easily the shittiest rewards program.

Basically, I've accumulated 10,000 "dream" miles, because I wanted to go on a trip. Then I started searching for flights to Berlin for example. THE "FEES" THEY WERE CHARGING ME WERE MORE THAN A FULL PRICE TICKET. Like off Kayak.com or something. Am I missing something here ??? The merchandise section is full of junk and worthless knickknacks. How about some Bose headphones or something? No instead there's some stupid brands you never heard of and a bunch of ancient laptops.

And now it looks like Shop The Block is getting worse too. Didn't this used to be 2000 miles?

Either way, as soon as I figure out how to spend these miles, I'm going to switch my focus to a rewards program that isn't taking me for a sucker.
From my experience best value for dream miles is redeeming it for WestJet short haul flights. WestJet long haul flights get lower value. Worst laughable value would be long haul international flights.

Gold or Onyx may get you a discount. Other air miles cards like BMO air miles world elite may get you a discount on dream miles as well.

I just checked the air miles hotel site for 1st time, the number of hotels are limited compared to expedia but prices were exactly the same as expedia for 1 hotel I have my eye out on.
Jan 15, 2014
318 posts
985 upvotes
Westmount
Wet Banana wrote: The requirements have changed with a slight bump in miles (albeit for an increased number of offers required):

Use 3 offers and get 300 miles
Use 5 offers and get 800 miles
Use 7 offers and get 1,200 miles

Depending on the offers/partners, this might not be as good as previous promos.
Not 3 offers, 5 offers... 3 different partners, 5 different partners...

The last time I made this mistake!
3 offers, it's not 3 different partners!
I understood too late and I lost a lot of points.