AIRMILES SHOPS.CA Offers … Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2022 9:01 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 1, 2019
7 posts
31 upvotes
Does anyone know if it's possible to get education pricing when purchasing from Apple using airmilesshops? I looked through some older threads where people suggested it might be possible since it wasn't explicitly excluded in the terms, but no one confirmed that it had worked for them.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
SouthOnt wrote: Does anyone have feedback on how Airmilesshops is with Walmart? I have never used it before, but I know that experiences vary widely between retailers. Indigo always posts the very next day for me (I placed an order the other day, and everything was in order in terms of multipliers). Others have given me headaches.

Anyone know where Walmart falls in there...or an idea of when miles should post from Airmilesshops WalMart transactions?
ill let you know, i ordered from WM yesterday as well as indigo.
indigo posted today, no signs of WM.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
SouthOnt wrote: Does anyone have feedback on how Airmilesshops is with Walmart? I have never used it before, but I know that experiences vary widely between retailers. Indigo always posts the very next day for me (I placed an order the other day, and everything was in order in terms of multipliers). Others have given me headaches.

Anyone know where Walmart falls in there...or an idea of when miles should post from Airmilesshops WalMart transactions?
AliT27890 wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to get education pricing when purchasing from Apple using airmilesshops? I looked through some older threads where people suggested it might be possible since it wasn't explicitly excluded in the terms, but no one confirmed that it had worked for them.
Gonna answer both these questions together … as the issue is relatively the same

The AirMiles Shops.ca website only acts as a Shopping Portal … it’s sort of what in the old days a Coupon Clearing House did

The coupon may be perfectly fine to use / save money from … but any issue you have with the using the coupon itself lies with the retailer you wish to use it at.

So … Walmart. There are lots of threads on RFD about issues buying from Walmart.ca (esp if the item is from their Marketplace / 3rd Party Resellers List )… that’s what you are up against. Will your purchase actually go thru with Walmart (not get cancelled by them). And will it be delivered ok. The AirMiles aspect, is the least of your worries.

Apple. Two issues here. One, education pricing is an Apple website issue. If one can get it off of the website, then it’s fair game (unless it’s in Apple’s AMShops Exclusion list… to find that out click on their STORE INFO button on the AMShops website).

Two, generally speaking all the Tech Companies listed on AMShops are notoriously slow to POST any AMs … if at all correctly. It’s not just AMShops … they are this way with all the Shopping Portals (Aeroplan E-Store, Rakuten, etc ). Far as anyone can figure they list with these Portals cuz everyone else does / exposure to a wide range of Customers. But in reality … they kind of begrudge the idea of giving any sort of perk … Miles / Points / Cashback to their Customers. Lol, same reason these guys only list their products with “Apple Certified Dealers” … or rarely hold a sale (pricing virtually the same no matter where you buy Apple items). They just figure they don’t have to.

That isnt to say it won’t work. I bought an iPad thru Apple & AMShops during STB a few years back.
My experience was … my Base Miles posted fairly quickly … although they were 1 short (which of course buggers up any multipliers). And my Bonus Miles took forever. Plus cuz all my multipliers were screwed up, I had to chase the correction down thru AirMiles Customer Service … who made me wait out the 120 Days … saying “The Retailer might recognize their mistake and make an adjustment within their allotted time”
Of course that never happened.

Long story short for both Walmart & Apple, I say buyer beware. Buy from them if you were gonna buy from them anyhow (I still use AMShops for Amazon another crazy Retailer on AMShops) … but don’t hold your breath. And realize that you may have to wait out the 120 days to reconcile any AMs disputes. And any Retailer direct disputes is all on them (Walmart cancels order … or Apple disallows the Education Pricing).

Anotherwords … put the blame squarely where it belongs … not necessarily on AirMiles
AirMiles truly only POSTS to your account what is reported back to them by the Retailer
Apr 1, 2019
7 posts
31 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Gonna answer both these questions together … as the issue is relatively the same
Super helpful thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8513 posts
6259 upvotes
Bought some cable from Amazon, I hope that belongs to electronic components & Home audio categories hence it's counted. I also bought Indigo GC to make it up to > $100
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1095 posts
1017 upvotes
Alberta
My Staples order has posted. Nothing yet from Amazon or Indigo. Too early to worry about it but I will keep an eye on it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8513 posts
6259 upvotes
Has anyone here used Amex card to buy Indigo GC yet? Would $50 gift card qualify for the $20 credits offer by Amex on a certain CCs of theirs (for buying online from Bestbuy/The Bay/Indigo/Simons/Urban Barn)
Nov 7, 2009
404 posts
387 upvotes
Should I take advantage of the Air Miles 15X promo for Amazon.ca today? The terms of the conditions state the following:
² Get 20x the AIR MILES® Reward Miles on qualifying purchases from 00:00:01 a.m.ET on November 25 to 23:59:59 p.m.ET on November 29, 2021. Offer applies to the total base Miles collected on qualifying purchase amount, excluding shipping, duty and taxes. Base Offer may vary per store; click on store logo at airmilesshops.ca for details. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles.
Would Amazon.ca be one of the vendors that would be 20X the AM reward miles starting tomorrow? If so I might as well just wait to make my purchase tomorrow
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
BaileySyd wrote: Amazon has posted.
If you don't mind sharing, when did you make your purchase and when did your item ship?

My clothing item (qualifying category) hasn't posted anything yet... and its been delivered. I suspect something has gone wrong because I usually get the AMs from an Amazon amshops purchase the same day the item ships.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1095 posts
1017 upvotes
Alberta
Howitzer1 wrote: If you don't mind sharing, when did you make your purchase and when did your item ship?

My clothing item (qualifying category) hasn't posted anything yet... and its been delivered. I suspect something has gone wrong because I usually get the AMs from an Amazon amshops purchase the same day the item ships.
Don't mind at all. Purchased on November 20th, shipped yesterday (23rd), delivered today (24th).
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote: Has anyone here used Amex card to buy Indigo GC yet? Would $50 gift card qualify for the $20 credits offer by Amex on a certain CCs of theirs (for buying online from Bestbuy/The Bay/Indigo/Simons/Urban Barn)
Should work.

My last purchase thru AirMiles Shops.ca for Indigo tho we did with our BMO AMs CC … so as to STACK with the AMs CARDLINK OFFERS
Not $ 20 back tho … but a good pile of BAMs these days … with the current Black Friday Promos running :

* Airmiles Shops.ca / Indigo = 1 / $ 20 Spend + 3x BAMs for Black Friday
* Airmiles Shops.ca = 20x BAMs for Black Friday … now thru Nov 29th
* Cardlink = 10 BAMs for making a purchase
* Cardlink / Indigo = 25 BAMs for a purchase of $ 65 +
* BMO AMs MC BAMs (depends which card you have )

BBB 2021 - CARDLINK = airmiles-cardlink-offers-c-discussion-thread-2504417/

PLUS …
* 1 BBB 2021 OFFER COUNT = Cardlink
* And a half offer COUNT (1 of 2 needed) for AMShops BBB 2021

Spend $ 100 … you’ll earn 150+ BAMs … and be well on your way to another 100 from AMShops
Which all in adds up to more value than the $ 20 AMEX is offering
Plus the needed OFFER COUNTS
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hydraulics101 wrote: Should I take advantage of the Air Miles 15X promo for Amazon.ca today? The terms of the conditions state the following:

Would Amazon.ca be one of the vendors that would be 20X the AM reward miles starting tomorrow? If so I might as well just wait to make my purchase tomorrow
It’s 20x the BAMs sitewide at AirMiles Shops.ca … with only a few exclusions when it comes to Retailers
Rules for Amazon purchases on AMShops will remain as they always are … more EXCLUSIONS than INCLUSIONS depending on what you purchase

So ya 20x in this case is better than 15x
Jul 18, 2019
9 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know if paying by gift card will generate the bonus miles? I am trying to buy apple products using Apple credits on my account. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10114 upvotes
Ontario
Shopping today for the 20x!
Dec 14, 2017
485 posts
327 upvotes
On
kiiaal wrote: Shopping today for the 20x!
Is Amazon 20x today or do we have to wait till tomorrow?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10114 upvotes
Ontario
JoyMBee wrote: Is Amazon 20x today or do we have to wait till tomorrow?
20x is sitewide and started today!

20x +3x Amazon (selected items/categories only) +3x Onyx +100 BBB BAMs ($100+ across 2 retailers)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
FiletOFish wrote: Does anyone know if paying by gift card will generate the bonus miles? I am trying to buy apple products using Apple credits on my account. Thanks.
In my experience … GCs are considered just another form of currency,

So yes you will earn with them when you cash them in.

On the otherhand, very few places will you earn with them when you are buying them.

Just as it is with most Loyalty Programs off line
Dec 14, 2017
485 posts
327 upvotes
On
kiiaal wrote: 20x is sitewide and started today!

20x +3x Amazon (selected items/categories only) +3x Onyx +100 BBB BAMs ($100+ across 2 retailers)
Thank you, just read my emails.
I did my Indigo gift card purchase and then my Staples one. If you spend 40$ get 80 bams. So I combined that offer with the two Air Mile Shops offer for 100 Bams
Got my staples order already, put my airmile # in, credit card etc..and when I hit complete order or whatever. ahhh it popped up that my airmile # was incomplete (missed a number). But the order was spinning and processed through. lol So then there was an option to do online chat, I gave her my order# and my airmile # and she said she was able to fix it on the order. I took screen shots of everything including the page where 84044 went in. So here's hoping it will go through alright.
Going to have a glass of wine now! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8513 posts
6259 upvotes
JoyMBee wrote: Thank you, just read my emails.
I did my Indigo gift card purchase and then my Staples one. If you spend 40$ get 80 bams. So I combined that offer with the two Air Mile Shops offer for 100 Bams
Got my staples order already, put my airmile # in, credit card etc..and when I hit complete order or whatever. ahhh it popped up that my airmile # was incomplete (missed a number). But the order was spinning and processed through. lol So then there was an option to do online chat, I gave her my order# and my airmile # and she said she was able to fix it on the order. I took screen shots of everything including the page where 84044 went in. So here's hoping it will go through alright.
Going to have a glass of wine now! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
You could be waiting for that one for a long time :). The last promotion, they still haven't given me any mile yet, almost 2 months now. Though airmilesshop.ca acknowledged the order and had given me base miles plus bonus boom miles long ago

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)