Shopping Discussion

Airmiles SUCKS. Missing miles process is a complete joke.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2014 12:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1161 posts
1587 upvotes
I did 2 amazon.ca orders through swagbucks and never got my points. I emailed them after the first order and never got a response. Did a second order and got no points. Gave up ordering through SB. Now I go through airmiles when I order from amazon. Hasn't failed me yet and I get what's offered. I'm waiting on 2x$5 amazon.ca codes so I could make an order. Hope I get them tomorrow because tomorrow is last day for 5x airmiles.
Jun 20, 2009
994 posts
189 upvotes
i have a question, i had this offer (http://www.bonuscountdown.com/en/home) 20x air miles if you spend over $500(made in a single transaction) at visions electronics. i opted in in this offer in the morning on december 5. and got the screen "THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING YOUR EXCLUSIVE OFFER FROM VISION ELECTRONICS" there was no coupon needed in store. just clicking the link online to opt in. so after i've done that i went to visions to make a purchase that was over $12000. now the thing is the receipt only shows my basis miles 263 miles earned. nothing about my bonus miles. i called air miles and they say it can take up to 120 days that they come to my account. but why don't they appear on my receipt. if i go somewhere else and have a bonus coupon or so the air miles are shown on the receipt right away and just take a while to come to my account. does anyone here have experience with online offers where you opt in online? is this normal that the miles don't how up on the receipt?
sorry for my bad english. i'll try my best! :o
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19723 posts
12829 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Don't panic. Be patient.

It's not unusual for bonus points to be absent on the receipt and then show up in your account weeks later. I don't understand why it should take weeks, but it does. In any case, make a note to yourself to check/follow up in February. If you haven't received your bonus by then, send an e-mail to missingmiles@airmiles.ca.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 3, 2014
110 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah Air Miles is a pretty crappy loyalty program..takes ages to collect AM..and even more ages to redeem them..they upped the AM needed for most decent redemptions.
redhotdeal
Jul 24, 2012
635 posts
85 upvotes
redhotdealsin wrote: Yeah Air Miles is a pretty crappy loyalty program..takes ages to collect AM..and even more ages to redeem them..they upped the AM needed for most decent redemptions.
I totally agree. Recently I found that submitting a missing miles process is earlier than before. They usually reply within the same day or the next day and miles were posted immediately. The 120 days policy is horribly. What takes it so long to process? I think within 2 weeks or the most is 4 weeks is more reasonable. We should all compliant and have them change it in the near future.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19723 posts
12829 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Dealfinder111 wrote: The 120 days policy is horribly. What takes it so long to process?
Worse, if you try to use their online form to submit a missing miles claim it asks for the transaction date and refuses to proceed if it's less than 120 old. They must be intentionally making it hard for people to track missing miles hoping that after 120 days they will have forgotten to file the claim or will have lost the necessary documentation.
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 2, 2014
6 posts
Everyday, an airmiles call every store on canada to see who got miles. When the line is busy, they dont call back and its why i never receive my miles. They should update their process and buy computers. Im always on the verge of cancelling and every year, i fail to cancel because im weak. One day, they will become my "bell". A bad memory.