airport transfer at IST and Turkish lira

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2019 6:43 pm
[OP]
Dec 31, 2017
21 posts
2 upvotes

airport transfer at IST and Turkish lira

We are going to IST on Nov 4. suggestions for reasonable transfer from IST airport to Golden Horn area hotel and buy Turkish Liras. We are on an organized tour (land Only) need some liras for tipping, occasional coffee or local transportation. Thanks
5 replies
Aug 12, 2014
252 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TravellerA wrote: We are going to IST on Nov 4. suggestions for reasonable transfer from IST airport to Golden Horn area hotel and buy Turkish Liras. We are on an organized tour (land Only) need some liras for tipping, occasional coffee or local transportation. Thanks
you can take ist20 coach bus to Sultanahmet and walk down slope to the golden horn area (5 min). you can buy ticket from driver using your credit card. i couldn't buy the ticket from the machine because it wanted to go thru verified by visa formality despite it was build like a POS.

lots of currency exchange shop near Sultanahmet. if you are insecure, change some at the airport.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2452 posts
360 upvotes
North Vancouver
there's lots of money exchange store in Istanbul, for tip you can just give them 1 USD that's what I did
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8856 posts
3345 upvotes
Toronto
There are many money exchange places all over Istanbul, and they are used to getting US $, or euros.
May 11, 2008
815 posts
358 upvotes
Vancouver
Like @wirespeed mentioned, take the IST-20 with Havaist Bus to Sultanahmet.
There's a booth next to the bus pickup/drop-off area where you can get an Istanbulkart to use on the bus, trams and metro.
Plenty of places for money exchange, I found the rates near the Grand Bazaar and Mısır Çarşısı to be pretty good.