Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Airthings

Airthings Radon detectors 10% OFF +FS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 8:42 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1083 posts
1364 upvotes
Bradford
Just got an email from amazon that there is an upcoming deal on this starting at 8:25 PST

Set up was very fast. For what it is worth, I did a test with a carbon unit a few years ago (48 hour test) and so far (<24 h) the readings are in a similar range.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
So the lightning deal price is ~$236 tax in, around $20 less than buying direct with the code.
Mar 31, 2017
24 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
toguy wrote: So the lightning deal price is ~$236 tax in, around $20 less than buying direct with the code.
I'm not promoting to buy it directly or from Amazon, but I got mine directly with the code for 236.55, tax in (for some reason only GST applied).

So I finally got it, and it works for 1 day. Results are SHOKING. I know, 1 day is defenetly not enough, but still make me nervous.
Images
  • Screenshot_20171125-135125.png
  • Screenshot_20171125-135134.png
Dec 14, 2006
417 posts
386 upvotes
I knew I put it on my scotia gold for a reason! Yay for price protection :D

And I believe anything under 200 bq/m3 is considered ok so you should be fine.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
This is very interesting thread. I didn't know that such real time monitors existed. When we first moved into our house in 2010 (built in 1987), i purchased one of those kits from home depot. Our results were ok (Pro-Lab) I guess at around 1/4 the limit (see attached).
Now I only tested the basement as I read those levels would be highest. Is this true or should I be testing ground and 2nd floor levels too?
Images
  • 1511646488162968295644.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
You're making the rookie mistake of assuming the initial results are anything close to the manufacture's claimed accuracy levels. Since the Airthings uses a tiny ionization chamber, you need to wait at least 7 days for semi-accurate results and 60 days for proper results. Contrast that with a unit with a 200cc ionization chamber that claims 5% accuracy within 1 hour.
airthings.jpg
rd200.jpg
mikola500 wrote: I'm not promoting to buy it directly or from Amazon, but I got mine directly with the code for 236.55, tax in (for some reason only GST applied).

So I finally got it, and it works for 1 day. Results are SHOKING. I know, 1 day is defenetly not enough, but still make me nervous.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Nov 6, 2014
237 posts
428 upvotes
Canada
Anyone knows what kind of detection technology is used in Airthings' detectors (Wave or Home)? Is it Alpha Track Detection or Electret Ion Chamber type?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7522 upvotes
BC
Code is valid again. I picked up the Home detector for $224.90 and was not charged tax at all.

How do we get this moved back to Hot Deals?
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
SizzleChest wrote: Code is valid again. I picked up the Home detector for $224.90 and was not charged tax at all.

How do we get this moved back to Hot Deals?
Whoa - was actually looking for one. Good ol' RFD.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7522 upvotes
BC
t3359 wrote: Whoa - was actually looking for one. Good ol' RFD.

bjl
I didn't receive an email confirmation after placing my order, but $224.90 is the total cost it showed me when I finished the checkout process however, I just checked my credit card statement and have been billed $236.55.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
SizzleChest wrote: I didn't receive an email confirmation after placing my order, but $224.90 is the total cost it showed me when I finished the checkout process however, I just checked my credit card statement and have been billed $236.55.
I ordered the Home - $249 - $24.90 + $32.37 GST = $256.xx

tax'll depend on the province I suppose.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Apr 7, 2007
852 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Where you are guys installing this thing?
I put mine in my furnace room and my electrical engineer friend said that the radon sensors in these things pick up even minute traces of CO so you won't get accurate results. I was on my fourth pint at that point so had nothing intelligent to reply to him with...
My radon levels are averaging 180 Bq/m3 over the last month so I will install a radon mitigation system. But want to make sure I'm getting an accurate reading before I drop a few hundred on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Do detectors have a special return policy?
Thinking of just getting one at walmart and returning it after a couple months.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ssjlancer wrote: Do detectors have a special return policy?
Thinking of just getting one at walmart and returning it after a couple months.
This is why we can't have nice things :facepalm:

That said to be more accurate you should get the long term test which is recommended to be used in the lowest lived in part of the house for 3 months in winter. Its also not expensive
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.pro- ... 62614.html
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Yeah I bought a kit. Itll be for my full year analaysis.

But I also wanna get some 2-3 month results now. And Im in luck. Its a 90 day return window at walmart for the safety siren pro :D
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ssjlancer wrote: Yeah I bought a kit. Itll be for my full year analaysis.

But I also wanna get some 2-3 month results now. And Im in luck. Its a 90 day return window at walmart for the safety siren pro :D
The item i linked is a 3 months analysis but you seem determined to scam your way to free results :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Quentin5 wrote: The item i linked is a 3 months analysis but you seem determined to scam your way to free results :facep
Its minimum 3 months. Obviously a 1 year analysis is optimal. Maybe stop replying, youre flooding my inbox with useless comments. If you like being a chump thats up to you, it wont get you i to heaven.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ssjlancer wrote: Its minimum 3 months. Obviously a 1 year analysis is optimal. Maybe stop replying, youre flooding my inbox with useless comments. If you like being a chump thats up to you, it wont get you i to heaven.
So wait, i'm the problem because i don't approve of scamming? :facepalm:
And 3 replies are a flood :rolleyes:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)