Expired Hot Deals

[AirVPN] "Happy Birthday" Discount

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 1:43 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes

"Happy Birthday" Discount

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 14, 2019
Retailer:
AirVPN
There's an AirVPN "Happy Birthday" discount coupon: BIRTHDAY2019
The discounts are for plans:

One year:
39.20 €(3.27 €/m), 53% discount
58.87 cad (4.91 cad/m)

Two years:
63.20 €(2.63 €/m), 62% discount
94.92 cad (3.95 cad/m)

Three years:
79.20 €(2.20 €/m), 68% discount
118.95 cad (3.30 cad/m)

Up to 5 simultaneous connections.
This VPN has the port forwarding feature, which other VPN don't offer (useful for some BitTorrent and eMule clients to be connectable).
More AirVPN features explained in here: https://airvpn.org/

(eur to cad conversion according to google finances at 2019-06-09)

Edit: corrected conversion in cad
Last edited by samuelb on Jun 9th, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1280 posts
447 upvotes
Ontario
Math is wrong on average monthly costs.
Sr. Member
Sep 16, 2013
831 posts
446 upvotes
SW ON
I quickly looked though their website and couldn't find it. Do they offer split tunneling on Windows with their client app?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
3633 posts
3803 upvotes
Vancouver
samuelb wrote: There's an AirVPN "Happy Birthday" discount coupon: BIRTHDAY2019
The discounts are for plans:
......
Up to 5 simultaneous connections.
This VPN has the port forwarding feature, which other VPN don't offer (useful for some BitTorrent and eMule clients to be connectable).
More AirVPN features explained in here: https://airvpn.org/
Oh, many other VPN providers offer Port Forwarding, either included, or as extra [charged] feature..

But this is one of the most reliable and trusted VPN providers out there, and not very often on discounts.

So thumbs up [even if it is still pricey!]
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
riffr aff wrote: Math is wrong on average monthly costs.
Thanks, just re did the whole conversion again, so prices now are correct.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
max011 wrote: Oh, many other VPN providers offer Port Forwarding, either included, or as extra [charged] feature..

But this is one of the most reliable and trusted VPN providers out there, and not very often on discounts.

So thumbs up [even if it is still pricey!]
Just out of curiosity, which VPN providers would you consider reliable, trusted and not pricey with port forwarding.
Last edited by samuelb on Jun 9th, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
alpovs wrote: I quickly looked though their website and couldn't find it. Do they offer split tunneling on Windows with their client app?
Seems not supported by the client itself for windows, but possible on linux:
"This is not possible on Windows without special network hacks like ForceBindIP"
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/20695-split-tunneling/
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
3633 posts
3803 upvotes
Vancouver
samuelb wrote: Just out of curiosity, which VPN providers would you consider reliable, trusted and not pricey with port forwarding.
Well, I never stated that ANY TRUSTED VPN provider is offering Port Forwarding, right? Smiling Face With Open Mouth

IMHO _maybe_ PIA is the one of a few. But then, again, people will start discussing 5 eyes, 14 eyes and such, "have logs" "don't have logs"... So no one can say for sure.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Newbie
Sep 4, 2010
29 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Just for comparison purposes, I purchased a 1-year sub during 2017 Black Friday and it came out to be 35.10 € and then a 2-year sub during 2018 Black Friday for 54.60 €.

So the deals are slightly better compared to the birthday sale. Obviously no guarantees if this year's BF will be the same.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1038 posts
1162 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
I'll provide the form of questions from every VPN thread:

Does it Netflix? _______.
Does it P2P? _______.
Does it keep logs? _______.
How many servers? _______.
Client or manual input? _______.
Can you use Ebates?_______.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: I'll provide the form of questions from every VPN thread:

Does it Netflix? _______.
Does it P2P? _______.
Does it keep logs? _______.
How many servers? _______.
Client or manual input? _______.
Can you use Ebates?_______.
So many questions... :)
Are you aggregating the responses somewhere?
Do you know of "the site" that compares VPNs, not sure if I'm allowed to put the URL in here

Does it Netflix? Netflix USA according to this thread https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/28887-u ... ment-76147
Does it P2P? Yes
Does it keep logs? No
How many servers? 215 servers in 19 countries
Client or manual input? not sure if this is what you mean, they do have a client or you can download the ovpn files
Can you use Ebates? No
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 19, 2019
37 posts
34 upvotes
max011 wrote: Well, I never stated that ANY TRUSTED VPN provider is offering Port Forwarding, right? Smiling Face With Open Mouth

IMHO _maybe_ PIA is the one of a few. But then, again, people will start discussing 5 eyes, 14 eyes and such, "have logs" "don't have logs"... So no one can say for sure.
Just wanted to know which ones you were referring to.
When I did my research I ended up with two finalists: AirVPN and Mullvad
So ended up with AirVPN because I see more comments, not negative, about it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1038 posts
1162 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
samuelb wrote: So many questions... :)
Are you aggregating the responses somewhere?
Do you know of "the site" that compares VPNs, not sure if I'm allowed to put the URL in here
Lol I'm not, but we really should! I'm surprised we don't have an ongoing VPN thread (maybe we do?) since those questions are the usual suspects.

And which site? I used to use one back in the day lol it was black background with a bunch of colour coding but I can't even remember the name sadly...maybe it's the same!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
3633 posts
3803 upvotes
Vancouver
samuelb wrote: So many questions... :)
Are you aggregating the responses somewhere?
Do you know of "the site" that compares VPNs, not sure if I'm allowed to put the URL in here

Does it Netflix? Netflix USA according to this thread https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/28887-u ... ment-76147
Does it P2P? Yes
Does it keep logs? No
How many servers? 215 servers in 19 countries
Client or manual input? not sure if this is what you mean, they do have a client or you can download the ovpn files
Can you use Ebates? No
There are a few of such sites. THIS SPREADSHEET is pretty comprehensive, however no mention of Port Forwarding, and for me it's a big fail... Otherwise, pretty good chart worth looking at...

It's compiled by thebestvpn.com crew and I tend to trust their reviews [to the point]...

Edit: These are not commercial links, so I do believe it's not problem posting it...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)

Top