Site Comments & Suggestions

AJAX ERROR The controller must return a response (false given).

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2022 3:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12764 posts
7989 upvotes

AJAX ERROR The controller must return a response (false given).

Went to expiry this thread (OOS) amazon-ca-2-new-sour-patch-kids-flavour ... a-2536213/ & got this error message when I clicked on the file folder box at the bottom right of the post

ajaxerror.png

When I clicked a second time, the post expired normally.

Also someone mentioned to me that they were having trouble uploading images as of late. Instead of the image showing in the image list, they get red triangles. I do not know all the details on that 1 & I have not been able to recreate it myself. I told them just to re-upload the images that fail.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
25064 posts
36087 upvotes
Toronto
Also getting same error when attempting to leave BST feedback for a member here
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
22727 posts
37617 upvotes
ONTARIO
My 3m command thread from yesterday was moved to expired (by me) and then today I saw it was back in hot deals. It's still out of stock though, so don't know how it got moved back.

Anyway, same issue here. I am trying to expire it again but getting this ajax error. Tried multiple times but no luck.

EDIT: I gave it 5 minutes and tried again and it worked this time.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
17353 posts
34258 upvotes
Scarborough
After last Wednesday's maintenance period we discovered a few issues with the moderation features which we thought were limited to staff only. More recently we've received reports of some user facing moderation features periodically not working (like those mentioned in this thread). It's currently a high priority issue with the dev team and we're hopeful to get this resolved as soon as possible. I'll share more updates on this as I receive them.

With expiring/unexpiring threads and deleting posts, if it doesn't work on your first attempt, try waiting 15-30 minutes and it may work on your next attempt as the problem seems to be more so related to when you try to perform the function.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
17353 posts
34258 upvotes
Scarborough
We made an update last night which should help fix these issues. If anyone is still experiencing any problems, please let us know!
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 27, 2003
10986 posts
3300 upvotes
Newmarket
TomRFD wrote: We made an update last night which should help fix these issues. If anyone is still experiencing any problems, please let us know!
Will do. I tried expiring a few BST threads and got that error. Hopefully it'll be fixed!
RFD Forums Moderator