• Oct 17th, 2019 4:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4581 upvotes
Alberta

Alarm System Keypad Change

Our alarm system keypads backlighting is getting dim and some of the keys numbers are wearing off. Is this something that I can change out myself or does it have to be done by the alarm company (ADT). I want to change it to the exact same one. I'm pretty sure that there is only a couple wires to it and shouldn't be rocket science. The programming should be in the control panel in the basement and not on the keypad itself.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
809 upvotes
Waterloo
jackrabbit000 wrote: Our alarm system keypads backlighting is getting dim and some of the keys numbers are wearing off. Is this something that I can change out myself or does it have to be done by the alarm company (ADT). I want to change it to the exact same one. I'm pretty sure that there is only a couple wires to it and shouldn't be rocket science. The programming should be in the control panel in the basement and not on the keypad itself.
It has to be done by the alarm company ( its most likely owned by them as well, but it depends), you could try ordering one off ebay and see if you can do it yourself.
----
Pay it forward.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4825 posts
1441 upvotes
0 downvotes
it does NOT have to be done by the alarm company, if you can find the exact same model, you can easily swap it out yourself. I did this like 6 months ago except im not with ADT im with a different company, but as long as u connect the new one up the same way your good to go
Hi
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4581 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks, I found a place online that sells the exact same one that I have. I'll order them replace it myself. The alarm system is monitored my ADT and they installed it but I own it.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
4825 posts
1441 upvotes
0 downvotes
keypads are just connected with 4 wires, you disconnect them, and re-connect the wires according to the colour, cant get any easier
Hi