Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Alectra Utilities] $75 Credit for Smart Thermostats

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2018 11:41 am
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1562 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto

[Alectra Utilities] $75 Credit for Smart Thermostats

Deal Link:
Just got this email from ECOBEE. I'm sure the nest has it as well.

We've partnered with Alectra Utilities to help you earn $75 and conserve even more energy. This program helps your ecobee smart thermostat automatically adjust its temperature, so you use less energy when others are using more during the heat of summer. Best of all, your ecobee does all the work, making sure you're saving energy while still keeping you comfortable.

Here's how it works:

Alectra Utilities would like to recognize your efforts to conserve energy and your enrollment in the Alectra Utilities smart thermostat program. You can receive a $75 incentive by enrolling your ecobee thermostat and allowing Alectra Utilities to make brief, limited temperature adjustments this summer. You will receive a $50 bill credit after you sign up, and an additional $25 bill credit if you continue to participate until the end of September 2018.
Free $75 credit for having a smart thermostat. Check your email!
Last edited by forevergone on Mar 6th, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
55 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
Can this be combined with another offer? GreenOn?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4909 posts
4914 upvotes
Ontario
I'm really sad I missed the free install last year. I signed my mother up as I did not have my home bought yet. But it was free install/setup it was perfect.
---
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
937 upvotes
Scarborough
I think you have to subscribe your hydro to them... The plans look worse than the ones from Hydro Toronto (at least).
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1562 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
reggyDeal wrote: Can this be combined with another offer? GreenOn?
I would say Yes. I already have qualified for the $100 GreenON credit and they also said I qualified for this credit.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1173 posts
1150 upvotes
The eligibility requirements say that it only applies to customers in York or Simcoe regions?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2589 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
It looks like those who got a free thermostat from GreenON are not eligible for the credit.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2775 posts
2127 upvotes
I got free thermostat and no problem to get $100 from En-bridge.
Jun 2, 2008
66 posts
7 upvotes
markham
raccoon wrote: I got free thermostat and no problem to get $100 from En-bridge.
How? I thought you can only get either a free thermostat or the hundred dollar credit
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1562 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think the GreenON people are very good at validating program requirements.

I've gotten the $100 credit from enbridge, $100 credit from GreenON and now this.

Lets put that at YMMV
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2021 posts
1285 upvotes
i wonder what exactly will they control on your thermostat?...
Jun 13, 2017
699 posts
468 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
ggs wrote: i wonder what exactly will they control on your thermostat?...
Exactly.. I don't want my wife blasting me because all of sudden the house is too hot.
Last edited by adhika on Mar 6th, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
allowing Alectra Utilities to make brief, limited temperature adjustments this summer
hmmmm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
this is just another peak saver program.

you're getting $75 to let them control your thermostat during the summer aka they will turn down your AC when the grid is on heavy load.

only available to those with ecobees in the (former) Power Stream area.
Apr 22, 2007
324 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
So does this work on any ecobee? I never got the free one that they offered before, I bought my own quite a while back. How do they actually connect to it?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2761 posts
1323 upvotes
I literally got my GreenON Free ecobee on friday and got the email today. I signed up and the system accepted it.
Apr 2, 2013
998 posts
1213 upvotes
Barrie
I'm worried about the control of my thermostat... How invasive will it be?
Jun 16, 2015
42 posts
172 upvotes
ON
TheGuard wrote: I'm worried about the control of my thermostat... How invasive will it be?
Here is what they said on their site.

Your smart thermostat keeps you comfortable when you’re home and saves energy when you’re away.

On certain days when demand is highest, your ecobee thermostat will be automatically adjusted by a few degrees for a few hours. *Maximum of four hours on weekdays between 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; never on weekends and holidays

You will always have control and can easily change the temperature to your liking from your thermostat, smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
TheGuard wrote: I'm worried about the control of my thermostat... How invasive will it be?
Nothing stopping you from getting the $50 then reset the thermostat to factory default and re-initialize it. It will wipe out any established shared access.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)