Anker Soundcore 2 - $42.96

Deal Link:
Price:
$42.96
Expiry:
March 30, 2018
Retailer:
Ali Express
Hey all. The Soundcore 2 is on sale for $42.96 (or less if you have a coupon, which is pretty much guaranteed). According to Three Humps this is the historical low for price. Official Anker store so I’m not worried about a knockoff. According to reviews it seems like shipping is quicker than with most Ali orders but I am prepared to wait a few months as I don’t need it right now.
Last edited by DjRags604 on Mar 28th, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
15 replies
Jul 22, 2014
782 posts
1718 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Toss the price in the title please.
Nov 25, 2009
171 posts
51 upvotes
why do you have 2 threads for the same product?

affiliated with them much?
Aug 29, 2017
45 posts
21 upvotes
dablackgoku1234 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 2:50 pm
2 month shipping...hmmm....
China's answer to black Friday so imagine they say 2 months to protect themselves. Last year I had items come within 2 weeks even though they said 2 months...
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
555 posts
375 upvotes
SURREY
blyndfyre wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 2:43 pm
Toss the price in the title please.
Fixed. Sorry about that.
eddyz wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 2:48 pm
why do you have 2 threads for the same product?

affiliated with them much?
Man kickback money from Anker would be rad. Unfortunately just a posting error from my phone. I am really terrible with the mobile RFD site.
Jun 2, 2011
69 posts
49 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I bought this one on black Friday (from Amazon)

I was probably expecting too much for this price range, but the sound quality isn't amazing. The lows are almost completely non existent.
It sounds about the same or maybe a little worse than my old jambox mini which is half the size.

For the price it's not bad, but temper your expectations . It's not going to compete with more expensive units from Bose or UE.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
555 posts
375 upvotes
SURREY
mizunox wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 7:02 pm
I bought this one on black Friday (from Amazon)

I was probably expecting too much for this price range, but the sound quality isn't amazing. The lows are almost completely non existent.
It sounds about the same or maybe a little worse than my old jambox mini which is half the size.

For the price it's not bad, but temper your expectations . It's not going to compete with more expensive units from Bose or UE.
Sucks to hear. I'm not expecting Bose quality but definitely something clear enough to fill my kitchen. Any chance you had an original Soundlink to compare it to? The reviews said the bass was decent for a $50 speaker
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1055 posts
1516 upvotes
Victoria
DjRags604 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 7:25 pm
Sucks to hear. I'm not expecting Bose quality but definitely something clear enough to fill my kitchen. Any chance you had an original Soundlink to compare it to? The reviews said the bass was decent for a $50 speaker
I have owned various portable speakers - some Amazon sellers, Sony SRS, UE boom 1&2, JBL flip 3, and most recently the soundlink mini 2. There is absolutely no comparison to the Soundink Mini 2, let alone any of the other speakers.

I purchased the soundcore 2 a year back, returned it immediately. They get moderately loud but have no low end/bass as mentioned above, which I find very important.

A lot of the reviews are paid, they will contact you and offer a free item to remove a negative review.

I'd highly recommend spending a little more to get a flip 3 or UE Boom. If you are limited to <$50 there are better options.
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
DjRags604 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 1:51 pm
Hey all. The Soundcore 2 is on sale for $42.96 (or less if you have a coupon, which is pretty much guaranteed). According to Three Humps this is the historical low for price. Official Anker store so I’m not worried about a knockoff. According to reviews it seems like shipping is quicker than with most Ali orders but I am prepared to wait a few months as I don’t need it right now.
Bought this speaker because they said the bass was good. But to me, the highs overpowers the bass. This speaker is best for a small kitchen or maybe when you are showering and need music. Not a good all round speaker. Price is ok but would not but full price. It worth it.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1885 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
Does this have that horrible soft-touch rubber coating that always turns to crap in a few months/year or so?

Not sure why I think it might - something about the photos and "Upgraded materials provide smooth touch, and better grip."

I have a few products with that coating (older Logitech Harmony, some iHome iBT4 speakers, my SENA SMH10 helmet bluetooth module...) and they all suck.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4595 posts
1732 upvotes
Markham
peakingduck wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 8:19 pm
I have owned various portable speakers - some Amazon sellers, Sony SRS, UE boom 1&2, JBL flip 3, and most recently the soundlink mini 2. There is absolutely no comparison to the Soundink Mini 2, let alone any of the other speakers.

I purchased the soundcore 2 a year back, returned it immediately. They get moderately loud but have no low end/bass as mentioned above, which I find very important.

A lot of the reviews are paid, they will contact you and offer a free item to remove a negative review.

I'd highly recommend spending a little more to get a flip 3 or UE Boom. If you are limited to <$50 there are better options.
Moral of story.

Buy > Return > leave negative review > get free anker item that you actually want > remove negative review
Jun 2, 2011
69 posts
49 upvotes
VANCOUVER
torontotim wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 7:50 am
Does this have that horrible soft-touch rubber coating that always turns to crap in a few months/year or so?
Yes, exactly this material
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1885 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
mizunox wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 11:49 am
Yes, exactly this material
Should be a law against that crap.