Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ali Express

Xiaomi Mi 9 64gb $500 128gb $545

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2019 1:36 am
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
HKPolice wrote: Any duties/taxes on this?
Probably not but it is ymmv. I've personally never been charged for anything shipped through post from China
Nov 24, 2018
147 posts
317 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Why? Other than a big battery (which probably won't even lead to much better battery life due to the lcd), what does the zenfone 6 offer that is worth the extra money?
It's rumored to be around the same price, bigger battery, bezelless (frame not the thinnest, but still) without notch, has support for two sims+micro SD, large battery, headphone jack, gimmicky camera but results in a superior selfie cam, near stock experience.
Apr 11, 2017
87 posts
85 upvotes
StrikeLight wrote: It's rumored to be around the same price, bigger battery, bezelless (frame not the thinnest, but still) without notch, has support for two sims+micro SD, large battery, headphone jack, gimmicky camera but results in a superior selfie cam, near stock experience.
Asus Zenfone 6 is around 500 EUR, so I feel it would be much more than Mi 9 price.
Nov 24, 2018
147 posts
317 upvotes
PooyaP719985 wrote: Asus Zenfone 6 is around 500 EUR, so I feel it would be much more than Mi 9 price.
Same places are saying 499usd as well. We will need to wait and see.
Mar 24, 2011
85 posts
74 upvotes
Where can I find an s8 for 300$? (Without doing the Koodo stuff)
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14470 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Viper98 wrote: #1 it has warranty, you'd just have to send it to China in the extremely rare case that you need to
#2 I'm pretty sure global roms have Google pay (I'm in the 99.9% of android users that don't use it though, so I haven't checked)
#3 But it has WAY better audio quality than the S8 with the USB c adapters (Snapdragon Samsung phones have horrible audio)
#4 IP rating means literally nothing. All that shows is how the phone performs in pristine condition under very specific circumstances. If you drop your phone one time it can break the waterproof seal and ruin that precious IP rating

Meanwhile if you get the S8 you're getting a tiny phone with a 2 year old CPU, a 3 year old camera that wasn't even upper echelon when it came out, only 4gb ram, vastly inferior aesthetic design and a gross curved edge screen.
For sure Mi 9 is a beast phone. Camera that is now in the big leagues....plus the IR blaster which is super handy.

I guess Samsung’s branding still works if you even have to answer the questions of the Mi 9 vs and old S8 (that’s not even available for $300 anyways).

While I have zero need to upgrade my P20 Pro right now, this phone would be a likely contender given the beast cpu and ir blaster which is important to me.

Anyone who complains about flagship phone prices but won’t consider this really just needs to settle down.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
xiaomi no play store soon though??
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2211 posts
1356 upvotes
qaz393 wrote: xiaomi no play store soon though??
Might have been confused with Huawei different company altogether, but who knows maybe all Chinese companies get the plug pulled.
Dec 25, 2012
824 posts
1289 upvotes
Ontario
I wouldn't buy any Chinese phones from now on. Look what's happening with Huawei. You don't wanna buy a new phone and it to be bricked later by lack of software support. Imagine not having Google services and play store or android BN feature updates... Is be so upset. Too bad for Huawei owners. Xiaomi is no different, they will be ban too.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
StrikeLight wrote: It's rumored to be around the same price, bigger battery, bezelless (frame not the thinnest, but still) without notch, has support for two sims+micro SD, large battery, headphone jack, gimmicky camera but results in a superior selfie cam, near stock experience.
Conversely it has a vastly inferior screen
Only 2 lenses
Likely won't get Android Q anytime soon (q beta is officially available for the mi 9 already)
No in display finger print

You're also going to be looking at a cost of at least $700 after tax depending where you live

Don't get me wrong, the zenfone 6 looks like a great phone. If selfies are important it may be the best phone on the market. For me, I care way too much about the screen, camera, and audio quality with headphones. So the mi 9,even at the same price, would be my pick all day long
Nov 24, 2018
147 posts
317 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Likely won't get Android Q anytime soon (q beta is officially available for the mi 9 already)
No in display finger print
Because of their move to a near-stock experience, Asus has promised to be one of the first to release Q, which we will again see. In-screen finger print scanner is a neat feat, but let's be honest, there's little benefit to it over a physical scanner. There's still a question or two about the zenfone remaining, which we'll see when it is officially available for purchase.

I'm sure the Mi 9 is great as well, I'm a fan of Xiaomi; I'm still rocking the original Mix.
Feb 11, 2016
608 posts
498 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: #1 it has warranty, you'd just have to send it to China in the extremely rare case that you need to
Buying a xiaomi for $550 with overseas warranty is a huge risk. Xiaomi's might be value for money, but there are several reports of batteries failing within a year and screens developing a yellow tint. Shipping back & forth and the associated delay in case of any issues is a concern.

To be fair, my complaints applies to Sony phones also which have a reputation of poor displays in their low end models.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19151 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Looks like XDA members is starting to get to work on the custom ROMs for this phone.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9
Viper98 wrote: Maybe not Freedom, but It will work on all Robelus networks
It's missing LTE band 17 though. I think having Band 17 is crucial for the big 3? What LTE bands do they use again aside from Band 4, 7, and 17?
Last edited by geokilla on May 20th, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Jan 22, 2009
180 posts
247 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Why? Other than a big battery (which probably won't even lead to much better battery life due to the lcd), what does the zenfone 6 offer that is worth the extra money?
Well just keep in mind Xiaomi is China brand and Asus is Taiwan. US treats them differently. Look at what they did to Huawei.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
geokilla wrote: It's missing LTE band 17 though. I think having Band 17 is crucial for the big 3? What LTE bands do they use again aside from Band 4, 7, and 17?
It has band 17... but band 17 basically rarely used IIRC. It's only available in specific areas and serves no purpose other than to give you signal in buildings that have walls too thick to be penetrated by higher frequencies.

Robelus use Bands 2, 4, 7, 12, 13, and 17. Every one of those bands is supported on the Mi 9
Jan 26, 2019
19 posts
38 upvotes
Not worth it

for this price you can get the Mi Mix 3, which has no notch, and a pop out camera for front facing shoots
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
kant77 wrote: Not worth it

for this price you can get the Mi Mix 3, which has no notch, and a pop out camera for front facing shoots
For the price you can get a worse phone... Makes sense.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)