Expired Hot Deals

[Ali Express] Xiaomi Mi 9 64gb $500 128gb $545

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2019 1:36 am
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1257 upvotes
micromen wrote: I wouldn't buy any Chinese phones from now on. Look what's happening with Huawei. You don't wanna buy a new phone and it to be bricked later by lack of software support. Imagine not having Google services and play store or android BN feature updates... Is be so upset. Too bad for Huawei owners. Xiaomi is no different, they will be ban too.
This is a reach imo. So one Chinese company broke U.S. sanctions means that ALL Chinese companies will be punished for it?

Ever since Koodo raised the bar on medium tabs for phone upgrades, I'm forced to look elsewhere for BYOD phones if I want to stay on the same plan.

My next phone will likely be a Chinese brand such as Xiaomi. I'm not in a huge rush so will wait on a great deal over the next couple of years.
Last edited by HN12345 on May 20th, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14073 posts
4484 upvotes
London
cryingx wrote: Man, I really want to get this but I don't really want to wait 2 months for a phone.

Anyone know any local sellers selling this for just +$50~75 premium?
I've got mine listed in bst I'd be willing to drop my price once my s10+ comes
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14073 posts
4484 upvotes
London
blyndfyre wrote: Can anyone confirm:
  1. Google Play Store support?
  2. Google Pay support?
  3. Netflix HD support?
  4. Proper support for all Bell Mobility bands?

Thanks.
1. Yes. All Android phones support Google play
2. Don't know
3. Don't know
4. Yes
Apr 11, 2007
382 posts
107 upvotes
The specs show NFC, so if there's a global ROM, should technically have google pay.
Feb 8, 2019
56 posts
25 upvotes
Sooooo should I get this phone? My trigger finger is itching to smash that buy button Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Jun 30, 2016
163 posts
445 upvotes
Vancouver
cryingx wrote: Man, I really want to get this but I don't really want to wait 2 months for a phone.

Pdaplaza
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3475 posts
1571 upvotes
Paying this much for any phone, let alone a Chinese phone (all manufacturers have the potential to become the next target of a ban) is absolute madness. No one needs a phone more expensive than around $300-400 max. Once you get above that price range, you're paying hundreds for little or no improvement. Years from now, people will look back on this period of insanity and laugh at how much money was being wasted on phones.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14073 posts
4484 upvotes
London
txenglan wrote: Paying this much for any phone, let alone a Chinese phone (all manufacturers have the potential to become the next target of a ban) is absolute madness. No one needs a phone more expensive than around $300-400 max. Once you get above that price range, you're paying hundreds for little or no improvement. Years from now, people will look back on this period of insanity and laugh at how much money was being wasted on phones.
So everyone should drive civics instead of corvettes too?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3475 posts
1571 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: So everyone should drive civics instead of corvettes too?
I'm not going to get into this sort of asinine analogy game with you.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
766 upvotes
Moncton
Viper98 wrote: 1. Yes. All Android phones support Google play
2. Don't know
3. Don't know
4. Yes
No they don’t all support google play, google play isn’t even allowed in China so you might want to double check before buying a Chinese phone to make sure it’s a global version.
Nov 24, 2016
54 posts
45 upvotes
DizzyYak wrote: Pdaplaza
Pdaplaza is notorious for being slow to ship their phones as well.

3 weeks minimum for most phones that don't have the VIP plan and if they screw something up, it can be over 2 months.

A few years ago I ordered a Xiaomi phone on AliExpress from a seller/store named Goldway and if I recall correctly, it came in 3 weeks.

Looks like OP's linked seller has a shipping option for about 25 bucks that estimates shipping in under 20 days. So it would fit under the 50-75 dollar option that was requested and should be less than 2 months.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1150 posts
3129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
adv02adskdd wrote: Looks like OP's linked seller has a shipping option for about 25 bucks that estimates shipping in under 20 days. So it would fit under the 50-75 dollar option that was requested and should be less than 2 months.
The faster shipping method is DHL and they will almost surely charge duty plus their fee at the time your package is delivered. The basic shipping will likely ship Canada Post with a good chance of not having duty and fees.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3242 posts
1934 upvotes
Kitchener
Opacac wrote: Wait for the new Asus Zenfone 6. Looks really good right now.
It looks like a great phone, though it ain't pretty. Gotta wonder about camera issues. Even if you're like me, and don't take selfies because the camera always breaks, I have to wonder if the zoom is any good on that beast.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Nov 15, 2017
251 posts
519 upvotes
WEST CANADA
Why would anyone send their hard earned money to China? They don't buy anything from us, not even a few soybeans.
Dec 3, 2007
487 posts
337 upvotes
zebracobra007 wrote: Why would anyone send their hard earned money to China? They don't buy anything from us, not even a few soybeans.
Cdn exports to China were over 17 billion in 2017.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)