[Ali Express] Xiaomi Mi 9 64gb $500 128gb $545

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2019 1:36 am
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
766 upvotes
Moncton
cy wrote: All these comments about being a "chinese phone" are just madness. The comparison between Xiaomi and Huawei is even a crazier madness - Shows that you don't know why this whole Huawei/US war is happening and thinking it's just a move by the US base on "race" (Chinese).

And of course, every thread on flagship phones will have that person comes in and say "No one needs a phone that's more expensive than $200.", whether the flagship is $1000 or $600. I feel bad for these close minded people, it's just a loss for them to experience something great that companies have created. Those are probably also the type of people that would put anything in their mouth because "meal is just a meal".

Mi9 is an awesome phone, especially at this price point.
I don’t think you are paying attention to the fact that’s a trade war going on, American companies are being targeted as well. Remember google and Facebook are both banned in China. Even apple is being given a hard time by the Chinese and are moving manufacturing to India, go take your identity politics somewhere else and pay attention.
May 10, 2009
29 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
I am seriously thinking of getting this phone. Can anyone make some suggestions on cases for it? Anything thing close to an Otterbox defender?

Also, was thinking of getting it from pdaplaza.ca. Is it worth it to get the VIP option? I dont mind waiting.

Thanks
Jan 2, 2018
34 posts
21 upvotes
Langley, BC
I have been using xiaomi phones for years, highly recommend roms from xiaomi.eu
Jul 21, 2009
383 posts
129 upvotes
London
Viper98 wrote: There are definitely ads in some places. They are never intrusive though. They mostly show up on like, app install screens while something is installing.
Unlock bootloader and install xiaomi.eu rom. No more ads. Otherwise you can go to xda and get pixel roms. Only problem is getting google pay working. If any problem installing roms just use Xiaomi flash tool and install factory rom then start over.
[OP]
Banned
Feb 19, 2008
13616 posts
3920 upvotes
London
reflame wrote: Unlock bootloader and install xiaomi.eu rom. No more ads. Otherwise you can go to xda and get pixel roms. Only problem is getting google pay working.
I installed the xiaomi.eu rom but have had issues with the camera software. For example last night I took like 10 videos at a concert and every one of them recorded with no sound.

I also had an issue when recording in 4k where the EIS seemed to freak out and it kept shift the image and turning it in different directions.

Never had any issue in stock roms.
Feb 11, 2015
85 posts
60 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
If you guys are looking for cheap "top-tier" xiaomi phones, maybe wait for the next pocophone (f2)? The f1 launched late august last year at 300usd and the overall package was actually pretty decent. Just flash the pixel experience rom and it's a killer experience.
Dec 24, 2017
135 posts
128 upvotes
singhchanna wrote: If you guys are looking for cheap "top-tier" xiaomi phones, maybe wait for the next pocophone (f2)? The f1 launched late august last year at 300usd and the overall package was actually pretty decent. Just flash the pixel experience rom and it's a killer experience.
No band 4 on the pocophone for what ever reason, not exactly ideal for use in canada
Dec 24, 2017
135 posts
128 upvotes
vapesmoker wrote: How is the night mode of the main shooter? Have you tested ois, any opinions on that?
There is a gcam mod available on xda that makes the night mode much better.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3327 posts
1356 upvotes
EverJay wrote: You should try being less of self-important ego-head and understand nobody wants or asked for your opinion.
Oh it's a fact, not an opinion. Tell you what - I'll sell you my opinion for $100 more though since that means it must be worth more. You know what I mean....mumble mumble.....Civic, Corvette....yaddad yadda nonsensical this, gibberish that.
Mar 9, 2011
331 posts
76 upvotes
Coquitlam
Alexdubzz wrote: No band 4 on the pocophone for what ever reason, not exactly ideal for use in canada
Have had a Pocophone F1 since launch, used with Koodo. The "lack of band support" is negligible at best; my data speeds are as fast as any previous phones I've had. YMMV.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1032 posts
2661 upvotes
Calgary, AB
reflame wrote: Unlock bootloader and install xiaomi.eu rom. No more ads. Otherwise you can go to xda and get pixel roms. Only problem is getting google pay working. If any problem installing roms just use Xiaomi flash tool and install factory rom then start over.
I'm pretty sure unlocking the bootloader will cause Netflix to stream in SD instead of HD.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5184 posts
3890 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: No warranty, no Google Pay, no Samsung Pay, no headphone jack, no IP rating, there are definitely many reasons to consider the S8 over the Mi 9.
No Band 13 or 66 either. Not very future proof either as Telus, Bell and Freedom are all expanding Band 13 networks. Now neither does S8 but consider S10 can be had for $699 and supports all those bands and the new wifi 6, it's way more future proof until 5G is more common place.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6345 posts
1448 upvotes
KevinC268 wrote: I don’t think you are paying attention to the fact that’s a trade war going on, American companies are being targeted as well. Remember google and Facebook are both banned in China. Even apple is being given a hard time by the Chinese and are moving manufacturing to India, go take your identity politics somewhere else and pay attention.
LOL.

Doesn't look like you read into any details with the real reason behind why US is targetting Huawei. Oh well, not my problem that you chose not to understand. I am out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)