• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2022 5:54 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada

Alienware Aurora R10 Worth This Price?

So I've read that these Alienwares are not the best quality. I used to build my own computers but with GPU prices, it makes more sense to buy prebuilt these days.

This is what I can get for $2500 tax in:

Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

32GB, 2x16GB, DDR4, 3200MHz, XMP

AMD Ryzen(TM) 9 5900X (12-Core, 70MB Total Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.8GHz)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X LHR

Dell Wireless DW1810 (1x1) 802.11ac with Wi-Fi, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0

Seems quite decent with the CPU and GPU being $1600 just themselves.

I ordered it but can still cancel yet I see nothing that's close to that price.

Thanks for any advice/thoughts!

Cheers!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
3347 posts
2475 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The set-up is good for the price, that's probably due to the fact that Alienware now has the R13 and R14 at the top of the line up.

Can you build a similar rig by yourself for anywhere close in price, at the moment ? No. So it makes it a pretty good deal, yes.

The only issue with Alienware/Dell pre-builts is the fact that they use a lot of proprietary components in a small case, which makes it very hard or near impossible to upgrade in the future. Build quality is not great in general and air flow is also bad, but since you have liquid cooling in this build, temps will be OK.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
It was worth that much around xmas because of inflated GPU prices. You choose between just for card only $2500 rtx3080 from various outlets or $2500 for Dell/AW complete system with rtx3080.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
Niklasky wrote: The set-up is good for the price, that's probably due to the fact that Alienware now has the R13 and R14 at the top of the line up.

Can you build a similar rig by yourself for anywhere close in price, at the moment ? No. So it makes it a pretty good deal, yes.

The only issue with Alienware/Dell pre-builts is the fact that they use a lot of proprietary components in a small case, which makes it very hard or near impossible to upgrade in the future. Build quality is not great in general and air flow is also bad, but since you have liquid cooling in this build, temps will be OK.
Thanks very much for that info.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)