Locked: [Aliexpress] 100 disposable face mask

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 11:12 am
36 replies
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
107 posts
283 upvotes
I wonder how they test these Face With Medical Mask..
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1136 posts
1786 upvotes
Or what materials they're made of. I've heard some horror stories...
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1138 posts
2489 upvotes
Masks that are supposed to protect me and other people are probably one thing you don't wanna cheap out on... Especially on Aliexpress where there is essentially no quality control to verify the quality of the materials... Who knows if these even have any ability to filter out bacteria and virus particles.
Nov 9, 2008
608 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
Feb 9, 2011
663 posts
199 upvotes
d5486 wrote:
Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 9, 2007
467 posts
170 upvotes
I bought ~200 face masks from aliexpress before the 2nd wave, not the same vendor, quality is about the same as you can get here, also made in China.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3398 posts
2077 upvotes
Vancouver
India vs. Italy vs. China

Banned
Jul 12, 2005
610 posts
417 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Masks that are supposed to protect me and other people are probably one thing you don't wanna cheap out on... Especially on Aliexpress where there is essentially no quality control to verify the quality of the materials... Who knows if these even have any ability to filter out bacteria and virus particles.
The brand name masks print a warning so these may actually have a better placebo effect:

The Simpsons were ahead of their time:
- Tired of seeing this thread?
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner > click Settings > under Accounts & Preferences on the left-hand side, click Hidden Threads > Enable thread hiding: Yes/No - select Yes then Save Changes
Mar 17, 2018
999 posts
1463 upvotes
Throw away masks are a waste of money. Better to buy a reusable mask. I purchased 3 layer cotton masks with elastic ear wraps and they are great! Made in Vietnam but sold in Canada.
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
$50 15GB Unlimited Talk and Text
$22.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3398 posts
2077 upvotes
Vancouver
KenAdams wrote: Throw away masks are a waste of money. Better to buy a reusable mask. I purchased 3 layer cotton masks with elastic ear wraps and they are great! Made in Vietnam but sold in Canada.
Filtration efficiency (median), per CDC tests:

Mar 17, 2018
999 posts
1463 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Filtration efficiency (median), per CDC tests:

Just so I understand. YOU... a Canadian from Vancouver listen to what the American CDC says vs the Canadian Government? 214,000 deaths vs 9600? I'll take my chances, thanks though for the "data".
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams
$50 15GB Unlimited Talk and Text
$22.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3643 posts
2191 upvotes
Vancouver
KenAdams wrote: Throw away masks are a waste of money. Better to buy a reusable mask. I purchased 3 layer cotton masks with elastic ear wraps and they are great! Made in Vietnam but sold in Canada.
Unless you use some with filters of some sorts, it does t work as well as disposable. Personally I have both, a disposable inside and a cloth outside. It’s personal preference what you do and any mask is better than no mask.

As far as deal goes, it’s cheaper than what you can get now since multiple stores have had mask go for $10/50 but given holiday season coming, these might not get here till the 4th wave. I remember last year some of my October orders from China didn’t get here till February. I assume not only would it be slower this year, but with mask demands, it might be a lot slower...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3643 posts
2191 upvotes
Vancouver
KenAdams wrote: Just so I understand. YOU... a Canadian from Vancouver listen to what the American CDC says vs the Canadian Government? 214,000 deaths vs 9600? I'll take my chances, thanks though for the "data".
American cdc used to be the gold standard and some information from them is still better than the rest of the world. The problem is their CDC has become political and the country doesn’t exactly follow their own guidelines. Or at least 40% of the country doesn’t nor agree with it. Of course going any farther will become political, which again is the problem in USA. Everything there seems to be political...
Jan 20, 2010
394 posts
121 upvotes
toronto
I just bought a box of 50 in a Chinese grocery store for $6.