Expired Hot Deals

[AliExpress] $125 / Xiaomi Redmi 7A Global Version / 2 GB RAM / 32 GB Storage / Snapdragon 439 / 5.45" HD+ Screen / 4000 mAh Battery

Aug 31, 2011
287 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Genblue wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:50 am
Just upgraded from a Note 5 Pro the Note 7 for $224 (all-in) and I'm really happy with the phone so far.
The Note 8 Pro will be interesting.
Who is your provider? I am on Telus and looks like Note 7 has 13% coverage of the bands used. Then again it looks the same as Redmi Note 4 coverage so I should be okay if I go with that phone. Where did you buy the Note 7?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1300 posts
260 upvotes
boomix wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:00 am
Who is your provider? I am on Telus and looks like Note 7 has 13% coverage of the bands used. Then again it looks the same as Redmi Note 4 coverage so I should be okay if I go with that phone. Where did you buy the Note 7?
Thanks goes to @DarkLord1911 who posted the deal in the Note 7 thread.

Global Version
4GB-RAM - 64GB-ROM

Order Subtotal: CA$293.27
Coupon Discount: CA$77.96
Grand Total:CA$215.31
Coupon : BG8RN64

The code still works. Current price is $219.53CAD.
I purchased shipping with tracking ($3.09CAD) plus insurance ($5.86) to bring it to $224.05CAD
Ordered on Aug. 7th and received on Sept. 2nd.

I'm on PublicMobile (aka Telus) and have no issues with coverage so far.

Great phone!
[OP]
Oct 29, 2014
869 posts
585 upvotes
Brampton, ON
boomix wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:39 am
Worth switching to this from Redmi Note 4? I am debating fixing a screen vs upgrading and Xiaomi Mi A1 is still an option apparently and I'm looking at Nokia 6.1 way too many choices and opinionated reviews/reviewers.

Looks like Redmi Note 8 is coming out starting with China first. Pro version looks interesting.
There is a detailed comparison here for three of the phones that you mentioned. The Redmi Note series and Mi A# phones are considered mid-range while the Redmi #A series is at the entry level. I wouldn't even consider buying a Nokia phone because they do not allow bootloader unlocking on most of their devices.
Genblue wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:50 am
Just upgraded from a Note 5 Pro the Note 7 for $224 (all-in) and I'm really happy with the phone so far.
The Note 8 Pro will be interesting.
The Redmi Note 7 is a good phone but the Redmi Note 7 Pro is better and would be an ideal purchase if only there was a global version of it. The Redmi Note 8 Pro uses a MediaTek Helio SoC which probably means there will be minimal (if any) custom ROM development for it. Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs are better for multiple reasons.
xaznxplaya wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:59 am
Holy god, that's 30 days shipping?
It's common for AliExpress shipments to take a few weeks to arrive. This time around, my order with free shipping arrived quicker than I expected in about two weeks but that might be because it was sent from Singapore rather than China.
boomix wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:00 am
See this web page for many technical details about the Redmi Note 7 global version such as its wireless band compatibility with cellular networks in Canada. The attached image shows its compatibility with Telus.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190913-011132_1.jpg
Last edited by GabbyWC on Sep 13th, 2019 1:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Apr 8, 2015
776 posts
779 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
A lot of people had many issues for the umidigi at phone. Some have been updated but I would stay away.

The Redmi 7a would be a downgrade to the note 4.

I own a few of Xiaomi phones with zero complaints. The 7a only has minimal specs. Only for those running word puzzle games and light browsing.

The next step up is the Redmi 7, with more ram and far more capable processor. Great for streaming videos and playing slot machine games. You can run games at average settings easily. The screen resolution at only 720p isn't a problem at all. The only real issue is that the camera is average.
Jun 10, 2011
500 posts
376 upvotes
bought a udimi a3 pro from amazon, 109$ with shipping (prime).
pretty good device for the price if you don't want to wait 30-60 days.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)