Hot Deals

[AliExpress] $162 USD/Freeshipping/Xiaomi/Note 5 *Pro* 32/3 GB RAM/5.99"/Snapdragon 636/4000mAh

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2018 7:12 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
2666 posts
2136 upvotes

$162 USD/Freeshipping/Xiaomi/Note 5 *Pro* 32/3 GB RAM/5.99"/Snapdragon 636/4000mAh

Deal Link:
Retailer:
AliExpress
when you buy from aliexpress, most of the time you won't be ding'd with duty/tax. you can, however, opt for DHL shipping and ask the seller to declare a low value to somewhat hedge the outcome.

Copy Paste Link (this is the link to all available items offers by various different sellers, just pick the cheapest one)

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-Redmi-Note-5-636.html?&site=glo&groupsort=1&SortType=price_asc&g=y

Direct link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-Redmi-Note-5-636.html?&site=glo&groupsort=1&SortType=price_asc&g=y

A couple of important points:

1. All of their phones come with a basic case.
  2. This is the Pro version even though the page doesn't specify that, I will explain why, go to this page
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone3=8893&idPhone2=8959&idPhone1=8720
    compare column 2 and column 3, you will see that the biggest difference between the pro and the non-pro version is that, the pro version has chipset (under platform): Snapdragon 636 but the non-pro one has 625.
  3. I was gonna order the non-pro version, but I changed my mind: because I saw that the pro version is 100% aluminium but the non-pro version has plastic ends, this is a phone that I plan to use for 4~5 years, I think I am okay with paying a slight premium for a slightly more durable build (plus tiny hardware upgrades here and there, like dual camera and facial recognition)
  4. You don't pay tax when you buy from Aliexpress, you might get dinged by a custom fee like this guy for $20, but most people report back that they got theirs without being dinged.
  5. Currency conversion right now is 1.29 CAD = 1 USD so your final cost will be around 230 CAD.

enjoy your new phone!

If you buy now, they ship it out right away so there is no wait. Like many other RFDers, I bought it last month during pre-sale for $4 USD cheaper. I will report back with more details (regarding whether I get dinged with duty/tax, and performance of phone) once I receive the phone. Someone that picked the DHL option already received his phone, you can read more here.
Rogers Mastercard (because 4% cashback on foreign transactions with rogers mastercard) wrote:PENDING ALIEXPRESS $220.27 CAD
Xiaomi Online Store wrote:Thank you so much for your purchasing.

Your payment has been received for this item. We will ship it to you as soon as possible according to payment time.Because estimated orders will be more than 30-40 thousands during March 28th promotion, and our warehouse needs time to process orders , so the shipping will be delayed a little.

After doing so, we will send you a notification with tracking number information in your AliExpress Account.Please kindly wait a couple of days.

Appreciate your time and patience in advance.

Have a good day.
Order Snapshot page wrote:Global Version Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3GB 32GB 5.99" Full Screen Dual Camera Smartphone Note5 Snapdragon 636 Octa Core 4000mAh
don't forget ebates cashback wrote:AliExpress*******$6.77
Last edited by Glancealot on Jun 14th, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
968 replies
May 17, 2017
24 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
snipzy wrote:
May 15th, 2018 6:05 pm
Also, do you know what the difference is between the one you posted and the "GLOBAL VERSION" here: for a little bit more?:
Different LTE bands, the important ones being B4 and B7 on the global and only B7 on the non-global iirc.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1813 posts
441 upvotes
Ottawa
mmmako wrote:
May 15th, 2018 6:16 pm
Different LTE bands, the important ones being B4 and B7 on the global and only B7 on the non-global iirc.
man, I used to think the Snapdragon was indication that it was the "global" version with B4, but seems like it isn't anymore.

Xiaomi has gotten way too fragmented with all their different models and it is too confusing. Now they even have a Redmi S series phones. They need to ease up on this craziness.
Oct 27, 2016
42 posts
114 upvotes
This is not the Redmi Note 5 Pro. The Redmi Note 5 Pro is the Indian model lacking B20 LTE support. In India, the the Pro has the SD 636 while the non-Pro known as the Redmi Note 5 has the SD 625.

You're talking about the Redmi Note 5 (China/Global). In this case, the global model has B20 LTE support. In China/Global markets, the Redmi Note 5 has the SD 636 while the non-Pro known as the Redmi 5 Plus has the SD 625.

I would suggest altering the title to reflect that, as it aligns with your provided order information.
Nov 21, 2014
245 posts
157 upvotes
Atlantic
Ideally I'd like to pick up the Android One handsets that Xiaomi offers. The MI A1 was the last one and yet we are still awaiting the official MI A2. There have been lots of rumors and speculations that somehow the Redmi Note 5 or Redmi Note 5 Pro Indian version or Redmi S2 or MI 6X would be the MI A2 but again...all speculation.
Last edited by EasyCompany251 on May 15th, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 27, 2015
167 posts
38 upvotes
Pickering, ON
OP you're confusing the audience. The note 5 has a 636 processor while your comparison has 625 older one.
Feb 24, 2018
77 posts
25 upvotes
Will I be able to avoid getting Ontario Emergency Alerts with this?
Jan 19, 2017
47 posts
39 upvotes
PHuth2 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 8:11 pm
Will I be able to avoid getting Ontario Emergency Alerts with this?
That's not up to the phone. It's the carrier.
Nov 21, 2017
103 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
This phone will work with Rogers/Zoomer, correct?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6342 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
As of today, add about 31.1% to to the price of USD. Add 2.5, 2.0 % extra if paying by credit card. The consumer and Bank of Canada or XE.com online rates are not the rates you or I get.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
4279 posts
1388 upvotes
MIUI is seriously underrated, the amount of ingenious features packed in Xiaomi phones is staggering, even custom roms don't come close.

Xiaomi is stepping up their games even more. Now the camera for the Redmi Note 5 is actually fairly good and very surprising for this price range. Add the Google camera software and it will be loads better, as the lenses are quite competent. And a battery that puts everyone else to shame.

It definitely makes less and less sense to pay these overinflated prices for expensive "flagship" phones that get outdated within months when something like this is more than enough for 99% of people.
This is the great ideological divide of our times: not between left and right but between those of us who believe in truth; and those who believe, Oprah style, that we’re all entitled to our own truths and that everyone’s is equally special.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
2666 posts
2136 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
May 17th, 2018 8:16 pm
MIUI is seriously underrated, the amount of ingenious features packed in Xiaomi phones is staggering, even custom roms don't come close.

Xiaomi is stepping up their games even more. Now the camera for the Redmi Note 5 is actually fairly good and very surprising for this price range. Add the Google camera software and it will be loads better, as the lenses are quite competent. And a battery that puts everyone else to shame.

It definitely makes less and less sense to pay these overinflated prices for expensive "flagship" phones that get outdated within months when something like this is more than enough for 99% of people.
thanks for the feedback! I look forward to my redmi!
Bitcoin will crash hard.

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (6 members and 5 guests)

goofball, diycnc, LeonLeingod, jcyn13, CiaoaiC, Gmax