Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

Xiaomi Note 5 *Pro* 32/3 GB RAM/5.99"/Snapdragon 636/4000mAh/$138 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2019 10:55 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
tntdeal wrote: I can see a lot of noise on your daylight pictures as well. Looks like either Gcam mod doesn't work properly on this phone (bad API/driver), HDR+ is off, or a bad version of Gcam. Can you try Cstark27?
I wouldn't call that lot of noise.

More like, not much post processing noise reduction which is a good thing.

Other phone in my opinion are just too aggressive with noise reduction. I prefer to have the choice of reducing it myself.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
ineedmoneypls wrote: I hate to be a burden by asking this but overal how would yo compare the Essential to this phone?
Essential is leaps and bounds better than the Note 5.
It competes with the Mi Mix series and has higher specs than that device also.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
vonblock wrote: That was expected.

Every review shows quite bad low light pictures but really great normal light one.

Can't get everything for 200$
It's not $200, it's $300+ CDN by the time it comes here.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
vonblock wrote: I wouldn't call that lot of noise.

Other phone in my opinion are just too aggressive with noise reduction. I prefer to have the choice of reducing it myself.
No one out there is post-editing on the phones these days. Let's be real.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
weedb0y wrote: It's not $200, it's $300+ CDN by the time it comes here.
Only if you want fast shipping which triggers brokerage charges and taxes.

When deals are presented on rfd, they are typically gross of taxes. So i believe about 200$ to be a fair representation and everyone understands that shipping from China takes a long time.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
superxxxstud wrote: Only if you want fast shipping which triggers brokerage charges and taxes.

When deals are presented on rfd, they are typically gross of taxes. So i believe about 200$ to be a fair representation and everyone understands that shipping from China takes a long time.
Where are you seeing this for $200 CDN?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
weedb0y wrote: It's not $200, it's $300+ CDN by the time it comes here.
I wouldn't pay 300+ for a Chinese phone like that.

I wait and get the free shipping no duty.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
weedb0y wrote: Where are you seeing this for $200 CDN?
It's currently 228cad$ on Xiaomi official store.

No tax, free shipping!

You could probably pay lower in non official store
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
vonblock wrote: I wouldn't pay 300+ for a Chinese phone like that.

I wait and get the free shipping no duty.
Still not a $200 CDN phone. And waiting 1-2 months and saving $25 doesnt make sense either.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
weedb0y wrote: Still not a $200 CDN phone. And waiting 1-2 months and saving $25 doesnt make sense either.
Saving closer to $50.
Shipping via DHL is around USD $20 and then you have duties and fees for another CAD $25-50.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
weedb0y wrote: Still not a $200 CDN phone. And waiting 1-2 months and saving $25 doesnt make sense either.
No, a 228$phone.

It doesn't make sense to you! For me i have a perfectly working Moto G4 Plus that just getting slower and slower. It's totally usable though.

I'm fine waiting 2 months for a better CPU, battery, screen and camera, oh and finally a compass (stupid Motorola).

There's no rush.

Of course if you need it right now there's probably better deal.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11264 upvotes
Depends who you are, and how quickly you need it.

I waited exactly 1 month for my Note 4 same time last year, and saved about $25. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean everybody feels the same way. Not everybody feels and thinks as you do.

Oh, and total cost was basically $200CDN (I think it came to $202 or something like that)
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
You would be saving more than 25$ because you have to factor in extra shipping charges + brokerage fees + taxes. If you are inpatient, then alixpress standard shipping is not for you.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I think we might actually be getting trolled..
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1272 posts
765 upvotes
Wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade to my OnePlus One.
My OPO is working just fine and I don't need an upgrade but screen cracked and not usable for the 2nd time now...don't like the idea of investing another $75 to fix screen for the 3rd time on same phone
This phone seems like a marginal upgrade, would it be worth it?
THE CHILDREN ARE FINE!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
LyGuy wrote: Wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade to my OnePlus One.
My OPO is working just fine and I don't need an upgrade but screen cracked and not usable for the 2nd time now...don't like the idea of investing another $75 to fix screen for the 3rd time on same phone
Good: Better battery, screen, processor, camera, most recent Android.

Bad: No NFC. MIUI (you need to like it). No warranty. Slow shipping unless you pay 50$ more.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
LyGuy wrote: Wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade to my OnePlus One.
$75 or ~$220 (after currency exchange).
I personally would go with the newer device ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1459 posts
629 upvotes
Canada
vonblock wrote: I wouldn't call that lot of noise.

You are wrong on two accounts.
1- If you don't see lots of noise then either you only look at them on your phone or you don't have a properly calibrated monitor. My Essential's pictures after sunset are much better than these daylight ones. And there's no aggressive noise reduction - I chose Cstark27's mod precisely because of his philosophy of good balance between NR and retaining details.
2- No serious photog would bother with processing JPEG. Gcam only produces JPEGs - all the HDR+ and AI stuffs can do is producing JPEGs. Excellent JPEGs at that - by default! You can get RAW files by using other apps, but there's no way you yourself could get as good quality from any phones as Google's HDR+.

That said, I've seen better quality from Gcam mod on this phone, so maybe something else happens in this case.
Sep 16, 2008
71 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton
I ordered mine and did aliexpress shipping to avoid duty+shipping cost. It came in 17 days. I couldn't believe it. DHL offered min 14 days so...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)