Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

Xiaomi Note 5 *Pro* 32/3 GB RAM/5.99"/Snapdragon 636/4000mAh/$138 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2019 10:55 am
Dec 3, 2006
530 posts
302 upvotes
Craven
Can someone please provide a direct link to the phone for the price indicated in OP's post?
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
Wuwuwu1 wrote: That's not up to the phone. It's the carrier.
For non-Canadian phones it's probably up to the OEM. Unless the feature magically enables in Settings if you put in a SIM that supports it.

I get emergency alerts on my Redmi Note 4 on LOS, and there's a section for emergency broadcasts that I can configure. IDK if it's the same on MIUI but it's always standard in AOSP.
Aug 10, 2017
203 posts
61 upvotes
have lg g5 with broken screen. the only issue had with the G5 was average battery life. should I fix the screen and stick to G5 or upgrade to this one?
Does it worth upgrading to this one?
Jan 11, 2008
185 posts
63 upvotes
ed7258 wrote: have lg g5 with broken screen. the only issue had with the G5 was average battery life. should I fix the screen and stick to G5 or upgrade to this one?
Does it worth upgrading to this one?
You are going to be spending more on the screen than the phone is worth. Not worth it IMO.
Store and use for trade-in deals later.
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
hadi wrote: You are going to be spending more on the screen than the phone is worth. Not worth it IMO.
Store and use for trade-in deals later.
G5 digitizers are around $40 at lowest and that's a pretty good deal for a flagship phone. Remember, the phone has a Snapdragon 820, NFC and USB-C, as well as a removable battery which is virtually unheard of in phones these days. Might as well hold onto it as long as possible. It also likely has bands for Freedom.

Only issue is that tiny battery (but there are OEM battery packs).

Note 5 isn't a bad phone but it does lack USB-C, Freedom bands and NFC, among other things. The 636 is a good chipset but it's still not as powerful as an 820. And if you break the phone or the battery wears down, you won't find any repair services for it here. But parts will be cheap. Only buy Chinaphones if you're okay with repairing them yourself down the line.
Jun 5, 2016
136 posts
225 upvotes
Ordered, can t wait to ditch that IPhone6 with only 16gb
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
cellnerd wrote: G5 digitizers are around $40 at lowest and that's a pretty good deal for a flagship phone. Remember, the phone has a Snapdragon 820, NFC and USB-C, as well as a removable battery which is virtually unheard of in phones these days. Might as well hold onto it as long as possible. It also likely has bands for Freedom.

Only issue is that tiny battery (but there are OEM battery packs).

Note 5 isn't a bad phone but it does lack USB-C, Freedom bands and NFC, among other things. The 636 is a good chipset but it's still not as powerful as an 820. And if you break the phone or the battery wears down, you won't find any repair services for it here. But parts will be cheap. Only buy Chinaphones if you're okay with repairing them yourself down the line.
There's mobile phone shops that can repair these phones, for those that are not comfortable.
If you live in Toronto, there's practically a shop in every corner and if you're visiting Pacific Mall; there's at least 6 stores in there.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
FragmentsOfLife wrote: This is not the Redmi Note 5 Pro. The Redmi Note 5 Pro is the Indian model lacking B20 LTE support. In India, the the Pro has the SD 636 while the non-Pro known as the Redmi Note 5 has the SD 625.

You're talking about the Redmi Note 5 (China/Global). In this case, the global model has B20 LTE support. In China/Global markets, the Redmi Note 5 has the SD 636 while the non-Pro known as the Redmi 5 Plus has the SD 625.

I would suggest altering the title to reflect that, as it aligns with your provided order information.
do you know of any other differences (h/w or s/w) ?

it looks like Indian Redmi Note 5 Pro is actually worse than OP model since it is missing B20 LTE
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
vkizzle wrote: There's mobile phone shops that can repair these phones, for those that are not comfortable.
If you live in Toronto, there's practically a shop in every corner and if you're visiting Pacific Mall; there's at least 6 stores in there.
Can you name one store that services Redmi Note series phones? I've seen some threads in the Cellphones section of the forum where people with Redmi phones are asking around for repair services in the GTA and they can never find any.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
cellnerd wrote: Can you name one store that services Redmi Note series phones? I've seen some threads in the Cellphones section of the forum where people with Redmi phones are asking around for repair services in the GTA and they can never find any.
It's a cellphone, not a rocketship. Lol
I can list you every single component down to the resistor if you like.
Common things that break are screens and ports and all are available for purchase!
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
vkizzle wrote: It's a cellphone, not a rocketship. Lol
I can list you every single component down to the resistor if you like.
Common things that break are screens and ports and all are available for purchase!
You didn't answer my question. You specifically mentioned that there are repair services out there in the GTA that fix Redmi phones and you can't name any.

If you know any stores specifically help these people

screen-repair-2168719
screen-repair-2168719
replace-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-screen-gta-2184324/

They don't want to fix it themselves and they don't know which stores to go to get the repairs done. I suppose P-mall has some but overpriced ($120, no thanks). I don't know any specific names myself

The last time I went to a phone repair shop, when I was young and naive, the owner said he'd have to order the parts himself, even when I gave him the replacement parts I already bought. I told him to f*** off, lol. Cell phone repairs are best done yourself
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
cellnerd wrote: You didn't answer my question. You specifically mentioned that there are repair services out there in the GTA that fix Redmi phones and you can't name any.

If you know any stores specifically help these people

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/screen-repair-2168719
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/screen-repair-2168719
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/replace-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-screen-gta-2184324/

They don't want to fix it themselves and they don't know which stores to go to get the repairs done. I suppose P-mall has some but overpriced ($120, no thanks). I don't know any specific names myself

The last time I went to a phone repair shop, when I was young and naive, the owner said he'd have to order the parts himself, even when I gave him the replacement parts I already bought. I told him to f*** off, lol. Cell phone repairs are best done yourself
this one can repair xiaomi phones:

"东方广场 一楼"

http://forum.yorkbbs.ca/chat/4521117.aspx

i am not sure but i think he means here:

http://www.orientalcentre.ca/cell-phone-accessories-services.html
Cell Phone Accessories & Services​
龍祥手機修理
​Unit No. 店舖號碼 132
​Telephone 電話 (416) 856 - 2491
4438 Sheppard Ave East
Scarborough, ON M1S 5V9
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Sep 27, 2013
424 posts
520 upvotes
Discoboy1 wrote: Ordered, can t wait to ditch that IPhone6 with only 16gb
Can you please provide direct link which model you get as OP's price...
Aug 29, 2011
91 posts
24 upvotes
I noticed there is no 700 mhz band. Does this mean that it won't be future proof on Rogers? Bad in Rural areas?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Is Xiaomi still pushing security updates to it?
What is the latest Android OS?
I also have a workhorse phone, which is my Note3 that I use as a backup and on road trips; but there are no more updates pushed to it :(
Curious about the security updates as well... I use my phone primarily for work, and I won’t be able to tie into the company emails without up to date security patches.

Right now, the only way to charge my iPhone 6 is to hang it from the wall via a lightning charger bracelet that’s ~5 inches long. Also, the screen is popping off and the battery dies in 2-3 hours of use, 6-7 hours of idle time while receiving email, updates, etc passively.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
xjesterxx wrote: Curious about the security updates as well... I use my phone primarily for work, and I won’t be able to tie into the company emails without up to date security patches.
Um... this is a thing? Can Exchange check for security updates? I know you're forced to make the accounts device admins, but this is going too far lmao
Right now, the only way to charge my iPhone 6 is to hang it from the wall via a lightning charger bracelet that’s ~5 inches long. Also, the screen is popping off and the battery dies in 2-3 hours of use, 6-7 hours of idle time while receiving email, updates, etc passively.
Been there with my iPhone 5. If I were you I'd replace the battery and then sell it. It is an extremely easy job. Even easier since the battery is literally doing your job--removing the screen for you. iPhone repairs are so damn easy.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
cellnerd wrote: Um... this is a thing? Can Exchange check for security updates? I know you're forced to make the accounts device admins, but this is going too far lmao

Been there with my iPhone 5. If I were you I'd replace the battery and then sell it. It is an extremely easy job. Even easier since the battery is literally doing your job--removing the screen for you. iPhone repairs are so damn easy.
*Shrug*

Vulnerable device = vulnerable email I suppose.

As far as I understand, the iPhone 6 is a completely different animal for screen repairs / battery replacement than the 5. Need some sort of special press in order to get the screen back into the case properly. The battery isn't necessarily the issue, it's the charging port that doesn't function properly anymore. I've only found the 1 specific cable which will get it to start charging in 1 specific configuration (hanging from the wall).
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
2045 posts
315 upvotes
cellnerd wrote:
The whole point of China phones like xiaomi is that if you break it or the battery wears out, you get another one. You would have to break 3-4 of these things to equal what you pay for a Samsung phone. USB C is nice if you have issues knowing which side to insert the cord in. Freedom bands? Who gives a crap about them. There are better plans out from the big 3's discount brands so why would anyone care about limited Freedom bands. Besides with dual sims, you can get a data only plan separate from voice only plan based on your individual needs.

I agree that NFC is pretty neat to have especially if you using google pay.

I had the mi Max with the older snapdragon 652 processor and it's still amazing.

Rocking with my Mi Mix right now 6gb ram 256gb storage, 6.4". First bezeless phone released. $400 1.5yrs ago. Hard to compare $ value with the Mi line of phones.
Jun 5, 2016
136 posts
225 upvotes
What is the usual delay to ship this thing, ordered Friday and my order is still being processed...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)