Expired Hot Deals

[Aliexpress] 4-pack MicroUSB / USB-C / Apple Fast Charge Cables 1M/3.3FT $4.39USD+

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 10:10 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1595 posts
1460 upvotes

4-pack MicroUSB / USB-C / Apple Fast Charge Cables 1M/3.3FT $4.39USD+

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Aliexpress
Hey Guys,

I've been in search for a pack of a 'reasonable' length USB fast charge cable at a cheap price for a while now, but have always had pretty mixed results.

I recently tried these guys out and have been very happy with them (I'm using MicroUSB), haven't tried the USB-C or Apple varieties, but would expect similar results.

The 4-pack of MicroUSB are $4.39USD shipped , with a slight variety in price / offering for the alternate versions (links below). Anyhow, I have been using these for a bit now, and can confirm that they reliably are fast charging / cables aren't dying off and they are fast charging my phone.

Anyhow, I suppose this isn't a 'blazingly' hot deal or anything, but it's certainly a good price, and I'm sure at least a few of you out there would appreciate the share.

4pcs MicroUSB 1M - $4.39 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32846921519.html
3pcs USB-C 1M - $3.99 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32963498318.html
4pcs iPhone 1M - $4.99 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32882001647.html
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1219 posts
2529 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yeah but what if I needed them now and not 7 months from today? Upside-down Face
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4773 posts
2832 upvotes
Tcalp wrote: Hey Guys,

I've been in search for a pack of a 'reasonable' length USB fast charge cable at a cheap price for a while now, but have always had pretty mixed results.

I recently tried these guys out and have been very happy with them (I'm using MicroUSB), haven't tried the USB-C or Apple varieties, but would expect similar results.

The 4-pack of MicroUSB are $4.39USD shipped , with a slight variety in price / offering for the alternate versions (links below). Anyhow, I have been using these for a bit now, and can confirm that they reliably are fast charging / cables aren't dying off and they are fast charging my phone.

Anyhow, I suppose this isn't a 'blazingly' hot deal or anything, but it's certainly a good price, and I'm sure at least a few of you out there would appreciate the share.

4pcs MicroUSB 1M - $4.39 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32846921519.html
3pcs USB-C 1M - $3.99 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32963498318.html
4pcs iPhone 1M - $4.99 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32882001647.html
Uhm, this isn’t a “fast charging cord” for Apple at all. The Apple fast charging is a cord that’s USB-C to Lightning, and that’s no USB-C type cord.

This is a USB C to lighting cord:
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Feb 14, 2006
591 posts
536 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Sejad wrote: Uhm, this isn’t a “fast charging cord” for Apple at all. The Apple fast charging is a cord that’s USB-C to Lightning, and that’s no USB-C type cord.

These work exceptionally well if your iDevice supports fast charge. 2M was under $15 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RNKBQCR

Same thing out of China is 30% off and works out 9 cents more expensive. I'll spend less for 2 day shipping.
https://a.aliexpress.com/ei4Ayb60
Mar 24, 2003
623 posts
149 upvotes
I need a few extra plugs for these wires that are fast charge for my s9...any recommendations for affordable ones on Ali or amazon or even dollarama?
May 10, 2005
22 posts
5 upvotes
Please keep in mind Type C Cable has 2.0 and 3.0. Make sure the one you buy is 3.0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1595 posts
1460 upvotes
Sejad wrote: Uhm, this isn’t a “fast charging cord” for Apple at all. The Apple fast charging is a cord that’s USB-C to Lightning, and that’s no USB-C type cord.

Ummm ? New iPhones do support 'fast charging', maybe you have an old iPhone ? And Yes that is a USB-C fast charging cable, I never suggested that I was linking to a USB-C to Lightning cable ? I was linking to USB to XXX charging cables for phones.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2262 posts
3226 upvotes
Things you should always ensure when buying cables.

1) USB-A/USB-C to Lightning: Make sure it is MFI Certified. Lightning only has a max of 480Mbps data transfer (which is USB 2.0), but MFI will allow proper communication and fast charging safely. If they say fast charging, but it's not MFI, don't touch it.
2) USB-C to USB-C: Look for USB-IF Certification. It's an independent certification, not required, but will ensure you have cables that will conform properly with USB-PD chargers. There are good cables that don't have USB-IF certification, but there are also trash ones as well. Best to just make sure it has it so you have no worries.

Also, data transfer speeds.
usb-timeline-hor-en1.jpg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1595 posts
1460 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Things you should always ensure when buying cables.

1) USB-A/USB-C to Lightning
2) USB-C to USB-C

I didn't link to either of these cables?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2262 posts
3226 upvotes
Tcalp wrote: I didn't link to either of these cables?
I'm providing general information.

And your listed "4pcs iPhone 1M" cables are USB-A to Lightning. They don't mention MFI certification.
Nov 19, 2005
367 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: Things you should always ensure when buying cables.

1) USB-A/USB-C to Lightning: Make sure it is MFI Certified. Lightning only has a max of 480Mbps data transfer (which is USB 2.0), but MFI will allow proper communication and fast charging safely. If they say fast charging, but it's not MFI, don't touch it.
2) USB-C to USB-C: Look for USB-IF Certification. It's an independent certification, not required, but will ensure you have cables that will conform properly with USB-PD chargers. There are good cables that don't have USB-IF certification, but there are also trash ones as well. Best to just make sure it has it so you have no worries.

usb-timeline-hor-en1.jpg
Yeah and unfortunately you'll never see any of these certified cables on cheap China cables from Aliexpress. It's way too cheap for them to even bother certifying it, and besides, they're all Chinese manufacturers, would you even believe them if they say they're USB-IF certified?
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12130 posts
7010 upvotes
Markham
Nolan wrote: I need a few extra plugs for these wires that are fast charge for my s9...any recommendations for affordable ones on Ali or amazon or even dollarama?
Don't entirely know about "fast charge" but the Primecables ones have been very good for me. [I bought 2 pack for $8 - $4 each in June of this year]. Shipping is no more than a few days in my experience.

https://www.primecables.ca/p-352841-cab ... #sku358215

USB 3.1 standard. 3.1A charging/synch cable. 10 GBS data speed transfer
Last edited by gr8dlr on Dec 18th, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Penalty Box
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
720 upvotes
its a buck each, i bought it without going through all the techno blabber if it works it works if it doesnt it doesnt
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12130 posts
7010 upvotes
Markham
rcnrcnrcn wrote: its a buck each, i bought it without going through all the techno blabber if it works it works if it doesnt it doesnt
This is what I thought until I got the Primecables cable. My phone charges way way faster with this cable vs the "buck a cable" types.

Penalty Box
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
720 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: This is what I thought until I got the Primecables cable. My phone charges way way faster with this cable vs the "buck a cable" types.
im in no ru$h
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1595 posts
1460 upvotes
Caerus wrote: I'm providing general information.

And your listed "4pcs iPhone 1M" cables are USB-A to Lightning. They don't mention MFI certification.
No worries, and yes, I'm linking to a series of CHEAP cables that are capable of a higher than standard amperage charge for the vast majority of block chargers / car chargers that are out there. These aren't for USB-C/Lighting, nor would I expect to find MFI certification at this price. There are a lot of people out there (like myself), that loose cables or leave them places as I'm on the go all the time.

I'm not sure why there are so many people complaining on this thread; Yes, if you 'need a cable now', don't buy a pack from of them from Aliexpress, go somewhere else and spend more money. Jeeze...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1595 posts
1460 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: This is what I thought until I got the Primecables cable. My phone charges way way faster with this cable vs the "buck a cable" types.
Yes, the entire purpose of this post, is that 'these' cables are fast charging; As for fast charging, the cable matters. For just over a dollar a cables vs a single cable for $6 + shipping per your link.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12130 posts
7010 upvotes
Markham
Tcalp wrote: Yes, the entire purpose of this post, is that 'these' cables are fast charging; As for fast charging, the cable matters. For just over a dollar a cables vs a single cable for $6 + shipping per your link.
Primecables has pretty frequent FREE SHIPPING promos. There was one very recently in fact...and I'm sure there'll be another Boxing Day sale.

Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4359 posts
1096 upvotes
Hamilton
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01GGK ... EEQB&psc=1

would this cable I linked utilize fastest charge for an IPAD pro 2nd gen with a lightning cable plugged into an 87Watt USB-C charger??
Or do I need a USB-C to Lightning cable direct ???

If so, I'd rather have this OTG cable as it's more versatile than USB-C to lightning as the ipad pro is my only lightning cable device.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2262 posts
3226 upvotes
sidshock wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01GGK ... EEQB&psc=1

would this cable I linked utilize fastest charge for an IPAD pro 2nd gen with a lightning cable plugged into an 87Watt USB-C charger??
Or do I need a USB-C to Lightning cable direct ???

If so, I'd rather have this OTG cable as it's more versatile than USB-C to lightning as the ipad pro is my only lightning cable device.
You need a MFI certified USB-C to Lightning cable. That adaptor won’t do it. You can’t physically get the output to fast charge from the USB-A connection. So just converting it to a USB-C plug won’t cut it. If you want the full 30w fast charging the iPad Pro 2nd gen supports, you’ll need a certified cable.