Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
aliexpress

$350 USD/NO TAX/Freeshipping/5.99" Mi Mix 2 CERAMIC BODY/2160*1080/6GB RAM/Back in Stock!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2018 9:36 am
Jan 19, 2017
85 posts
85 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: It takes either 2 nano sim or 1 nano sim and 1 microsd.
I don't believe this is correct. All articles and reviews point out the slots are only for two SIMs but not for a MicroSD. This is the only thing that gives me pause although I still might jump on this at the end of the day.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41800 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Wuwuwu1 wrote: I don't believe this is correct. All articles and reviews point out the slots are only for two SIMs but not for a MicroSD. This is the only thing that gives me pause although. I still might jump on this at the end of the day.
That's the only way to know for sure.
Nov 14, 2005
161 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
i have this phone...overall, very happy with it
Jan 19, 2017
85 posts
85 upvotes
plugdat wrote: i have this phone...overall, very happy with it
Can you confirm whether Mi mix2 has capability to use a MicroSD?
Nov 14, 2005
161 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Wuwuwu1 wrote: Can you confirm whether Mi mix2 has capability to use a MicroSD?
no it doensnt have an card slot for memory .. just dual sim
Nov 15, 2004
103 posts
37 upvotes
I switched from iphone to xiaomi mix2. Never regret and very happy with this phone.
May 15, 2007
713 posts
652 upvotes
Xiaomi Mix2s is just released and coming soon.
It has dual rare cam, wireless charge and face reg
Apr 9, 2017
176 posts
197 upvotes
ON
Did anyone get ding with tax on the way here?

What's the delivery time like? Haven't order stuff from China ever since they took 6months + to arrive here in Canada.
Oct 14, 2012
351 posts
52 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DaBruuzer wrote: Decent video overview here:

That's the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S newest variant not the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2!
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1316 upvotes
Anyone know if they fixed the problem with it breaking from small drops? I have a Mi Mix that had a case on and the brittle ceramic sides cracked from a 1.5 foot fall.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
Glancealot wrote: not even in the same league imo, compare the screen size, the hardware, and the build.

this phone is in the same tier as S8/S8+, iphone X, pixel 2 XL
I wouldn't agree with you, whether it is on par with a S8, iphone X or pixel 2 I dunno about that. The quality of the Essential PH1 isd very good and as mentioned it is $360 or 460 canadian+ tax this is $380 US plus 30%~ exchange and tax. Screen size we are taking 5.71 vs 5.99 what about the true size of the handset, personally having used the PH1 its form factor is now a real plus for me. I have not had any issues with the unit and build quality has and is excellent but it is a fingerprint magnet. I also have USA warranty. This device is nice , bigger screen more storage and more ram. It is nice to see more undr 500 options appearing
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Jun 17, 2007
427 posts
518 upvotes
I've had this phone since October and it's been great. Xiaomi has a great way of providing updates - everything is unified like Apple across all their phones, so even a 4 year old phone from xiaomi will get OS updates either weekly or monthly depending what build you are using. For this reason I consider Xiaomi devices to have better support than everybody besides Google themselves.

They usually update 2 android versions and stop there but you keep getting security patches and UI updates, so if have a very old phone that never went past Android Lollipop you will still have the most current UI with expandable notifications and whatnot.

Camera hardware on the Mix2 is actually very good but the xiaomi camera software itself does not process images very well, tinkering a bit to get Google Camera mod on the device will greatly improve the camera.

It supports every carrier in Canada.
Dec 7, 2013
906 posts
890 upvotes
Quebec
josh2hot wrote: That's the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S newest variant not the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2!

Here's the Mi Mix 2 video
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
Fularu wrote:

Here's the Mi Mix 2 video
Thanks for the link!

Lol that looks like his "signature" pose.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I'm a big fan of Xiaomi products... but $400 USD is way too much money to spend on a phone from China. If you have any issues, you will not be able to find a repair shop to service it. Trust me, I have found this out with my Redmi Note 4 when the screen broke. Not to mention no warranty.

I would not recommend spending more than $200 USD on a China phone. I just ordered the $200 USD Redmi Note 5 Pro but that's pushing it.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: I'm a big fan of Xiaomi products... but $400 USD is way too much money to spend on a phone from China. If you have any issues, you will not be able to find a repair shop to service it. Trust me, I have found this out with my Redmi Note 4 when the screen broke. Not to mention no warranty.

I would not recommend spending more than $200 USD on a China phone. I just ordered the $200 USD Redmi Note 5 Pro but that's pushing it.
not $400 anymore, $370 now.

No tax keep in mind.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Mar 1, 2016
165 posts
97 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Kurtz7834 wrote: I'm a big fan of Xiaomi products... but $400 USD is way too much money to spend on a phone from China. If you have any issues, you will not be able to find a repair shop to service it. Trust me, I have found this out with my Redmi Note 4 when the screen broke. Not to mention no warranty.

I'm seriously considering this phone but I agree, the price point gives me pause. Perhaps the Mix 2 will come down a bit in price once the Mix 2S ramps up a bit more.
RFD Effect: Fido 20GB $39 ➡ ThinkPad E570 i7-7500U $651.20 ➡ Seiko 5 Men's Automatic $56.33 ➡ Brother DCP-L2520DW $79.99 ➡ Walls Cotton Duck Jacket $17.27 ➡ Black&Decker 20V Drill+Impact $37.25 ➡ Outdoor Research Men's Snowcrew Jacket $107.50
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
adamareid wrote: I'm seriously considering this phone but I agree, the price point gives me pause. Perhaps the Mix 2 will come down a bit in a month or so when the Mix 2S comes out. I may wait and see.
It's a great phone I'm sure but it's too much risk at roughly $500 Cdn. Phones get broken, and you will not be able to get parts or service here for any Xiaomi phones. Not to mention no warranty if any problems. This might be acceptable at under $300 Cdn, but not at this price point.

I broke the screen on my Redmi Note 4. I had to order some third party screen of questionable quality for $25ish Cdn (OEM Xiaomi parts are not available) and now I have to try to put it myself as no repair shop will touch it. I can live with that for a phone that costs $200 Cdn that I used for almost a year, but at $500 Cdn, OMG.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)