Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AliExpress

70mai 1S 1080p Dashcam ~$35

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2020 1:17 pm
Nov 28, 2014
222 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto, ON
is aliexpress a safe site to buy from?
Jul 20, 2006
112 posts
130 upvotes
User381785 wrote: The virus is proven to stay on surfaces for at least 24 days so far. No chance in hell am I buying anything from China right now
Incubation period is up to 14 days
Link to your 24 days survival theory?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1097 posts
1288 upvotes
Viruses are technically not living things. This one is also spread by droplet so generally speaking, it'll be fine lol. Just wipe it down and all will be good
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1304 posts
2447 upvotes
rogosteve wrote: Don't expect to see this till summertime. You thought shipping from Ali was bad before, Corona is wreaking havoc on shipping over there.
No word of a lie. I'm sure there's some sort caution with out-processing here too or something, I ordered something from China from DHGate in the first week of January, usually it comes in 3 weeks, it's been 5 weeks since my last tracking update where it said it's left China towards Canada (Jan 15), it's probably been sitting in a container idle in Canada at this point.
Dec 9, 2001
975 posts
706 upvotes
Vancouver
fatcowxlive wrote: No word of a lie. I'm sure there's some sort caution with out-processing here too or something, I ordered something from China from DHGate in the first week of January, usually it comes in 3 weeks, it's been 5 weeks since my last tracking update where it said it's left China towards Canada (Jan 15), it's probably been sitting in a container idle in Canada at this point.

Coronavirus is mainly affecting factories, but not warehouses to the same degree. I can definitely see the effect as my work involves shipping product from China, and all of them have been delayed by nearly 1 month. Most factories are going back to normal now that the employees are returning to work.

For anything that is in stock, you should get it within a month or two. I have made 2 purchases from Aliexpress within the past 30 days, and both packages have left the country within a week. One package arrived last week, and the second has just landed and is waiting to clear customs. If the package has already left the China, then it's probably not the virus fault it's taking forever.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
User381785 wrote: The virus is proven to stay on surfaces for at least 24 days so far. No chance in hell am I buying anything from China right now
You are really luck if you can get anything shipped out from China (excluding express courier) in less than a month.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Feb 22, 2019
62 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
kcheng02 wrote: Thanks OP! Ended up ordering the Pro version; $65 after store coupon and the additional 70BRAND promo code discount
Can you please post the link to the one you ordered. I was looking and it keeps showing me the Russian version.

Thanks
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
823 upvotes
kcheng02 wrote: Thanks OP! Ended up ordering the Pro version; $65 after store coupon and the additional 70BRAND promo code discount
I think you've overpaid by $5 for base. Did you get a micro sd card? With sd card add $10 on top of base price. So how did you only pay $5 extra?

My pro base price (no sd card) rounding to nearest $
$70 + $3 s/h - $7 store coupon - $7 (70brand)
= $59

I got the lite version (on different acct) as well for $43
Accraman wrote: Can you please post the link to the one you ordered. I was looking and it keeps showing me the Russian version.

Thanks
Sale's over. At least im looking at it, its over.
Put some resphek on my name!
Feb 22, 2019
62 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Unresphek wrote: I think you've overpaid by $5 for base. Did you get a micro sd card? With sd card add $10 on top of base price. So how did you only pay $5 extra?

My pro base price (no sd card) rounding to nearest $
$70 + $3 s/h - $7 store coupon - $7 (70brand)
= $59

I got the lite version (on different acct) as well for $43
Sale's over. At least im looking at it, its over.
Ok thanks.. Still need the right link to keep my eye on it.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
pewpewpew wrote: is aliexpress a safe site to buy from?
yes but i'm going to pass getting anything shipped from china till the virus is over.
Sep 17, 2012
76 posts
71 upvotes
Winnipeg
According to CanadaPost, mine is currently in Saskatoon, so should have it in hand (along with some Lysol wipes) in the next few days.

Can anyone recommend a wiring kit for this? I'd rather not have the cord come down to the cigarette charger.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4046 posts
8917 upvotes
Vancouver
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Would you suggest buying the memory card from AliExpress with the dashcam? I don't have any memory cards and I am pretty clueless on the subject.
Absolutely not.

Fakes and shit abound. This is something to buy from a reputable source, like fufilled and sold by amazon or some other retailer locally.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1095 posts
558 upvotes
Montreal
ShocWave wrote: Viofo has capacitor instead of battery, I think. If you want to spend a bit more.
I highly doubt that...
Dec 9, 2001
975 posts
706 upvotes
Vancouver
mb2236 wrote: According to CanadaPost, mine is currently in Saskatoon, so should have it in hand (along with some Lysol wipes) in the next few days.

Can anyone recommend a wiring kit for this? I'd rather not have the cord come down to the cigarette charger.
The official 3-wire 70mai wire kit isn't sold on Aliexpress, and it's almost impossible to find a site that will ship to Canada.
https://www.joybuy.com/600421051.html

I bought this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32849719999.html
I had to do alot of searching to find this one, since there aren't many kits made for microusb. There's a few sellers selling the same kit for a few bucks less if you search hard enough. It only includes one fuse tap, so you'll need to buy an additional one.

70mai and Viofo are compatible with these special 3-wire kits that has an additional wire for parking mode to lower battery consumption.
This kit also lets you select a wide range of voltages from 11.8V to 12.4V.

Watch out for cheap kits that cut off lower than 12V, as it can sometimes drain your car to the point where it can't start.

If you don't care about parking mode recording, and want to only record while the car is running, just get this and save a few bucks:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000190205884.html
Dec 9, 2001
975 posts
706 upvotes
Vancouver
danascully wrote: Well, you're wrong.

https://www.viofo.com/en/home/143-a119- ... h-cam.html

"Battery & Charging NO battery, use capacitor, 5V 1A."
Viofo is definitely the superior product, but it can cost almost double than the 70mai Pro even though they're both Chinese brands.
Some of the cameras use the same camera sensor, but Viofo uses a higher quality lens that makes license plates easier to read.
I ended up getting to 70mai anyway.