Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Aliexpress

Aug 26 only. $9.99USD Umidigi wireless earbuds

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2020 5:03 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
peakingduck wrote: Based on my experience, AliExpress tends to side with the buyer. Say they arrived broken. If they don't side with you you could consider a charge back, but that might blacklist you from future purchases. I'm probably just going to take the $10 loss.
AliExpress wants me to send it back to get a full refund. How silly. Probably cost me like 5x as much as I paid just to ship it back. Probably have to chalk it up to a loss.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1703 posts
814 upvotes
Mississauga
I haven't had any issues with listening to audiobooks on these, which is my primary use case. No connection issues yet.

Comparing with these ones from Amazon (got for $34): https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07NW6Z16J/ and these from primecables (got for $7, first one was DOA but got a free replacement which works fine): https://www.primecables.ca/p-369521-cab ... #sku382129, I'd say umidigi are worth exactly what I paid.

For $10 throwaway earbuds, they work well enough for audiobooks and get good battery life. If they die tomorrow, I wouldn't be too disappointed. We all know there's a lot of cheap chinese products out there; half the stuff at dollorama is like that. For stuff you'll be using regularly, its always better to pay extra and get the right item.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5707 posts
2276 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Based on my experience, AliExpress tends to side with the buyer. Say they arrived broken. If they don't side with you you could consider a charge back, but that might blacklist you from future purchases. I'm probably just going to take the $10 loss.
I mean they work but they don't work very well at all. It's the same story with the large majority of Chinese brand products, always some flaws. There's a slight delay.

I opened at dispute and AliExpress sided with UMIDIGI and said there is no proof of this sound cutting out so I would need to make a video of this happening which is pretty damn difficult if you don't have them in your ears! Not worth the hassle to fight it. UMIDIGI stated you can hard reset them by powering on and holding down the button for 10s until it beeps and you re-pair them. For my limited purpose of podcasts and music at my desk, there's no issue. I just wouldn't rely on them for a run or at the gym where there is a lot of other BT interference.
Journie: Use my promo code JR-ColinTOUM during registration, and you’ll automatically save 2¢/ L on your next fill-up. (Full disclosure: Once you do, I get a discount, too!)
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
ProfessorChaos wrote: I mean they work but they don't work very well at all. It's the same story with the large majority of Chinese brand products, always some flaws. There's a slight delay.

I opened at dispute and AliExpress sided with UMIDIGI and said there is no proof of this sound cutting out so I would need to make a video of this happening which is pretty damn difficult if you don't have them in your ears! Not worth the hassle to fight it. UMIDIGI stated you can hard reset them by powering on and holding down the button for 10s until it beeps and you re-pair them. For my limited purpose of podcasts and music at my desk, there's no issue. I just wouldn't rely on them for a run or at the gym where there is a lot of other BT interference.
This is the same response I got back from Aliexpress. They want me to show video proof of this issue. Like that's a simple thing to show with a video. Whatever I am just forgetting about it and moving on.

I bought an A5 Pro phone from UMIDIGI on Aliexpress previously and am happy with it, but I think I'll stay away from UMIDIGI on aliexpress in the future. Not worth the hassle if issues arise.
I am interested in their new F2 phone, but after the experience with their crap earbuds, I will wait til it's on Amazon. That way if there's any issues I will have zero hassle returning to Amazon and getting my money back.
Dec 15, 2015
419 posts
429 upvotes
York, ON
Aug 26 - ordered
Sept 23 - arrived at Canada
Sept 25 - out for delivery

And then nothing, no delivery, no notice.

I've created two tickets with Canada Post and they replied with
"Our investigation into your request indicates that no scan has been uploaded to the Canada Post tracking system to indicate delivery of your item.
Please notify the sender and instruct them to contact Canada Post if they wish to initiate a claim."

So I contacted AliExpress about Canada Post's reply and they basically said
"We will not refund. Please go to the local post office and get it according to the tracking number. Thank you."

Frustrating coz I'm out $9.99 but lesson learned, never order from here again.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
sireleven wrote: Aug 26 - ordered

"Our investigation into your request indicates that no scan has been uploaded to the Canada Post tracking system to indicate delivery of your item.
Please notify the sender and instruct them to contact Canada Post if they wish to initiate a claim."

"We will not refund. Please go to the local post office and get it according to the tracking number. Thank you."

Just do a chargeback
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
sireleven wrote: Aug 26 - ordered

It's clearly Canada Post's fault, not AliExpress. Unfair to blame them when it's Canada Post that lost your package.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
Well if Canada Post is just passing the blame onto the shipper and the shipper refuses to do anything to help, then your options are limited. You'll have to take the loss or do a chargeback like @peakingduck suggested. Although I am not sure if I'd bother doing a chargeback for $10.

My upod earbuds are complete garbage and AliExpress refused to help, so I just took the loss.
Dec 15, 2015
419 posts
429 upvotes
York, ON
Jimboski wrote: It's clearly Canada Post's fault, not AliExpress. Unfair to blame them when it's Canada Post that lost your package.
Not really blaming AliExpress for the shipping blunder.
But I asked them nicely if they could start a claim and they brushed me off with that reply.

I think I'd kick myself if I ordered from them again.
Nov 19, 2019
1 posts
My headphone stopped working on the right side and already tried to unpair and pair again to see if it comes back and nothing, anyone had this problem?
Jun 10, 2002
137 posts
162 upvotes
WillB86855 wrote: My headphone stopped working on the right side and already tried to unpair and pair again to see if it comes back and nothing, anyone had this problem?
My stop charging; I think the box cannot be recharge. Once the box is out of charge and my headphones are out of charge they became useless. It was good for the 4-5 times I used them. Throw them out already.
Aug 12, 2015
267 posts
269 upvotes
Concord, ON
I received mine a while ago but didn't use it until yesterday. My first impressions are positive given the 13 dollars I paid. I would break down the cost to $10 for the build and Bluetooth connectivity and $3 for the sound. The build seems fine, but the charging mechanism doesn't always work right away. Sometimes I would need to nudge the pods inside the case to get them to charge. Battery life seems fine for 2-3 hours, which is fine for my intended use, workouts. When making a phone call, person on the other side told me there is a static noise when I talk. Now onto sounds, they sound bad for $13. However, if we assume the sound is worth $3 (and $10 went to the build), it's not too bad. The mids sounds very muddy, so I just EQ'ed it into a super V shaped sound signature to hide it.
So overall, these are not bad for $13 if they suit your intended use case. Otherwise, get a pair of wired earbuds for the same price or spend more on better wireless earbuds.
Aug 12, 2015
267 posts
269 upvotes
Concord, ON
OK. The right earbud stopped working after 2 weeks .
Feb 21, 2004
173 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone know what size foam eartip will fit?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)