7229 posts
5937 upvotes

Blon BL-03 for $19.33 USD, best budget IEM, lowest price ever

Price:
$19.33 USD
Retailer:
AliExpress
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400128693 ... 1286935736

This is not the sale price, but look for the same article from the same seller in the AliExpress app, and you will see it for $19.33 USD, the lowest price I have ever seen, and lower than the 11.11 prices!

If you don't know anything about this: if you want great audio from tiny earphones at rock-bottom prices, with great tuning and great bass and an overall fun sound, then there simply is no better choice. The audiophile community has been raving about it for a long while. There was a Blon BL-05 released this year as a successor, but the consensus is that it is not as good.

Many people compare them to IEMs that cost up to a few hundred dollars and say they hold up really well.

In fact they are so good that I offered some for Christmas gifts and got a few pairs for me to keep before they are discontinued.

20 replies
Nov 28, 2013
452 posts
249 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Yes, as I said, you have to use the app, and look for the pair from the same seller there. Then you will see the price, it is lower.
That's the price I'm getting in the app.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1373 posts
1079 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
Many people compare them to IEMs that cost up to a few hundred dollars and say they hold up really well.
That's ridiculous and setting people up for absurd expectations.

I've been deep into chi-fi for several years. These are good headphones. You won't find anything better for the price. They do not sound better than any $100 headphones i own, not even close. I've bought $50 headphones that are much better than these. But they are a great value for the price.

The store seems to have good reviews too. Good find OP.
Jun 9, 2013
325 posts
128 upvotes
Edmonton
Not hot because the bl-01's just came out for the same price and are supposedly the same with a better fit

20$ usd at linsoul on 11.11
Last edited by Nasdel on Nov 5th, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 10, 2015
150 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jonald wrote: That's the price I'm getting in the app.
Pretty sure it is a new user thing, you could register a new account and try.
Aug 15, 2015
115 posts
195 upvotes
Windsor
I don't see that price... It's $24.70
Images
  • Screenshot_20201105-223423_AliExpress.jpg
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Nov 28, 2013
452 posts
249 upvotes
Here's a Joshua Valour review. More reliable than Zeos imo. Spoiler Alert: He loves them.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7229 posts
5937 upvotes
jacobspeeds wrote: I don't see that price... It's $24.70
I don't know what to tell you guys, I do see $19.33 USD. I think the seller has it under more than one SKU. Or has it got to do with me having Diamond status?

Regardless, you can search for BL-03 on AliExpress and find it for less than $22 for 11.11 for sure.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7229 posts
5937 upvotes
DanP wrote: That's ridiculous and setting people up for absurd expectations.

I've been deep into chi-fi for several years. These are good headphones. You won't find anything better for the price. They do not sound better than any $100 headphones i own, not even close. I've bought $50 headphones that are much better than these. But they are a great value for the price.

There is always a great deal of subjectivity and personal preference with audio, it is very much like wine tasting.

I do see comments all the time of people owning much more expensive IEMs and still coming back to them regularly and being impressed.

For a fun, bassy sound, it's simply great. I like listening to videogame chiptunes and it always delivers, as it does on audio from the likes of Spotify.

What are your $50 IEMs that you find much better?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2841 posts
5606 upvotes
Jonald wrote: Here's a Joshua Valour review. More reliable than Zeos imo. Spoiler Alert: He loves them.
Zeos is such a hypeman, you watch his channel looking to buy something you’d probably end up buying several pairs.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2841 posts
5606 upvotes
DanP wrote: That's ridiculous and setting people up for absurd expectations.

So it seems to go with giant killers, they usually sound good but I have never owned/heard a pair that actually kills any giants.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1373 posts
1079 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: There is always a great deal of subjectivity and personal preference with audio, it is very much like wine tasting.

I do see comments all the time of people owning much more expensive IEMs and still coming back to them regularly and being impressed.

For a fun, bassy sound, it's simply great. I like listening to videogame chiptunes and it always delivers, as it does on audio from the likes of Spotify.

What are your $50 IEMs that you find much better?
I've also seen comments where people say silly things like that, but it's rarely a fair comparison. Sure a really good $30 headphone is going to sound better than a really crappy $100 headphone. but a good quality $100 headphone will clearly out class this.

As far as some good options at $50, that's so hard with Chi-fi. The prices are constantly moving and so much depends on coupons and sales. Right now if I was spending around that much, i'd look at the Blon BL-05s(great sound, really comfortable, but ugly ass colour) and also the tin hifi t2 plus.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7229 posts
5937 upvotes
DanP wrote: I've also seen comments where people say silly things like that, but it's rarely a fair comparison. Sure a really good $30 headphone is going to sound better than a really crappy $100 headphone. but a good quality $100 headphone will clearly out class this.

As far as some good options at $50, that's so hard with Chi-fi. The prices are constantly moving and so much depends on coupons and sales. Right now if I was spending around that much, i'd look at the Blon BL-05s(great sound, really comfortable, but ugly ass colour) and also the tin hifi t2 plus.
A lot of reviews said the BL-05 was a disappointment and they preferred the 03. Personally I never had any fit issues with the BL-03.

I have the T2 Plus and it's good but I don't think it's anything special, I regret my purchase. Really bad fit too, it falls out of my ears constantly even with my ear tip size.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3245 posts
995 upvotes
BC
kimwoobingsu wrote: So it seems to go with giant killers, they usually sound good but I have never owned/heard a pair that actually kills any giants.
THX 789 pretty much kills the benchmark amp :/ I agree though, in audio you can overpay for something that performs like shit, but you rarely pay less for something that's performs better than something that is price competitive at the next price tier up.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1373 posts
1079 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: A lot of reviews said the BL-05 was a disappointment and they preferred the 03. Personally I never had any fit issues with the BL-03.

I have the T2 Plus and it's good but I don't think it's anything special, I regret my purchase. Really bad fit too, it falls out of my ears constantly even with my ear tip size.
The blon are new. The bl-05 were just okay. The bl-05s are really good. Should be some reviews out or coming out soon.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7229 posts
5937 upvotes
DanP wrote: The blon are new. The bl-05 were just okay. The bl-05s are really good. Should be some reviews out or coming out soon.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-b ... 25/reviews

I don't know about that, some reviewers on Head-fi are still not that happy:
Pros: vast ergonomic improvement over the BL-03, smooth treble, great soundstage, imaging, and instrument separation, tuning is relatively safe

Cons: improvements to bass articulation are marginal, less note weight and bass texture than BL-03, midrange loses the magical timbre of the BL-03 with greater emphasis on presence, slightly blurry transient delivery
Though I can't help but think that most comments like that are pure mumbo jumbo, kind of like wine tasting, describing things that are not really there. I've seen so many headphone reviews in total contradiction of each other over the years.
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
586 upvotes
Not speaking to this specific model/vendor but rather to Ali-express vendors in general.. I have been ripped off too many times on Ali express to ever use them again.

Yes, sometimes you get what you ordered. But too many lost items or received defective or warranty not honoured.. too many headaches. I have bought IEMs there 10 - 12 times, all for IEMs recommended off head-fi. And only two of those transactions were problem free.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7229 posts
5937 upvotes
ElroyJetson wrote: Not speaking to this specific model/vendor but rather to Ali-express vendors in general.. I have been ripped off too many times on Ali express to ever use them again.

Yes, sometimes you get what you ordered. But too many lost items or received defective or warranty not honoured.. too many headaches. I have bought IEMs there 10 - 12 times, all for IEMs recommended off head-fi. And only two of those transactions were problem free.
As for me as my IEM transactions were problem free.